OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'm more inclined to think it's Freedom. My sister went from Freedom to Telus and isn't losing pictures texted to her any more.

I have trouble receiving and sending pics via text.
Freedom is a telus network though, isn't it? They claim they don't prioritize different providers, but they pretty clearly do

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hey guys, I have to propose to my girlfriend this upcoming week or the next one. Just depends on the circumstances. Thoughts on how to do it? She’s not really one to do it in public and absolutely does not want it to do anything with food.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hey guys, I have to propose to my girlfriend this upcoming week or the next one. Just depends on the circumstances. Thoughts on how to do it? She’s not really one to do it in public and absolutely does not want it to do anything with food.

That’s so awesome LL, good luck and congrats!

Is a helicopter ride over the Grande Canyon to out of your budget? If not I think a hike or mountain horseback ride in AZ would be pretty amazing. If not that, a romantic weekend getaway is the way to go.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Perhaps something up in the mountains? Find a quiet hike or something along those lines? There are some pretty scenic places that could be good.

A hike is good for sure. He lives in Phoenix and they have some amazing mountains around there.

Me and Mrs. Hox always talked about getting married in this barn on a golf course. So when I proposed, I took her to the barn. I made it look like we were sneaking in there to create added excitement (I phoned ahead to get the okay to be in there). When we were inside, I’m like “are you sure you want to get married here”? She said yes, so I got down on a knee and said we better make this official then. She started crying (I did as well), it was great.

My backup was gonna be take her to a karaoke bar lol. I was gonna sing “Jackson” by Johnny Cash with her. Mid song, I was gonna stop singing like Cash did and say, “I can’t keep singing this anymore unless you agree to marry me”. This might seem corny, but it’s very appropriate for what me and Mrs. Hox are into.

@Las Llamas, you honestly know best. I’d do something that has sentimental value to her and that she loves, that way it will always be a precious memory for the both of you.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Me and Mrs. Hox always talked about getting married in this barn on a golf course. So when I proposed, I took her to the barn. I made it look like we were sneaking in there to create added excitement (I phoned ahead to get the okay to be in there). When we were inside, I’m like “are you sure you want to get married here”? She said yes, so I got down on a knee and said we better make this official then. She started crying (I did as well), it was great.

You sly dog, you!

Isn't FFF in Idaho now?

Well in that case, hide the ring in a potato. Or curly fries, cause they're fancy.

Reactions: Method Man

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Perhaps something up in the mountains? Find a quiet hike or something along those lines? There are some pretty scenic places that could be good.

For Idaho, that was pretty much what I was thinking. She likes to go on hikes, and I believe that there is one with a waterfall. I was planning on going to that place.

Appreciate the ideas guys.

Also OT, I am glad to be back on here with a lot more time. Still feel bad about not participating too much in the league. Just simply did not have the time.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
With my ex, since she was an artist, I hired someone to paint a silhouette of a man on one knee proposing. The background was the place she said she wanted to get married

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Good luck my friend, you lady killer.

With that said, another good one soon to be down..

redshirt.gif

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Jumbotron at a sporting event with the ring buried in nachos.

If she says no, she's nacho girl.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I did an Emerald Lake proposal couple of years ago... with a stay at the Lodge... As a side note.. I lived in Calgary 15 years and didn't know about this gem near Golden for the longest time.

MUST SEE place.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
It's been awhile since I've logged on here so it's nice to see most of the names that I remember still around.

Stumbled across this masterpiece of a thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/81627239/

I got a laugh out of it.
Oh man... this post:
We still need better defensive prospects and that #1/2 C. our wings are completely fine. if not, trade Baerts/Klimchuk/Gaudreau for an elite centre/defenseman.
Could you imagine!? :doh:

Although, trading Bart or Klimchuk for an elite player would have been fantastic.

Reactions: WalkItTalkIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->