OT: The Menu Part II: What is a sandwich edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Between coffee and butter brickle. Old-school is a breath of fresh air after 20 years of Moose Track Pretzel Almond Fudge Foie Gras Jubilee and the like.

I'm a little tossed about pistachio. While I'll eat them out of the shell like Frank Drebin, and while the ice cream component of pistachio ice cream is phenomenal, mixing them just doesn't work for me texture-wise.

Mint chip's solid, though I might prefer the chips removed. They melt unlike nuts obviously but sometimes you don't want to wait before swallowing lol.

Rum raisin's another underrated oldie.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Vanilla pudding is better than chocolate pudding though.
your-opinion-is-bad-and-you-should-feel-bad-memmes-com-14285131.png

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

I have so many questions.

Like, why would you slap charcoal on a bun and call it a burger? How do you eat that with it getting all ashy in your mouth? Do you eat it very carefully so as to avoid cracking your teeth on it? And, is that mayo, ketchup, & mustard on there? Also, what's with that sorry looking lettuce? Is half-rotten iceberg the best they can do up in the Arctic circle? Also, is that fruit juice you're drinking? The hell?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Like, why would you slap charcoal on a bun and call it a burger? How do you eat that with it getting all ashy in your mouth? Do you eat it very carefully so as to avoid cracking your teeth on it? And, is that mayo, ketchup, & mustard on there? Also, what's with that sorry looking lettuce? Is half-rotten iceberg the best they can do up in the Arctic circle? Also, is that fruit juice you're drinking? The hell?
Why have any chips if you only have 3??

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
I am of the opinion that raisins as a part of any recipe/food other than Raisin Bran, trail mix or just plain out of the box, are disgusting.

I like them, I really do. I just cannot stand them cooked, baked or as an ingredient in anything other than that listed above.

Is that weird?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I am of the opinion that raisins as a part of any recipe/food other than Raisin Bran, trail mix or just plain out of the box, are disgusting.

I like them, I really do. I just cannot stand them cooked, baked or as an ingredient in anything other than that listed above.

Is that weird?
Yup.

:dunce:

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

lol...to answer:

Char....color is flavour in cooking. It was juice on inside
Condiments....yes
Lettuce...I agree...it was the end of the head and beggers can`t be choosers! Oh...and that is my contribution of eating healthy.
Fruit juice...yes! It is rare I have it and it was delish!

Why have any chips if you only have 3??

:laugh:

The issue was available plates! Not seen was the bag of chips to the side. Trust me, more than 3 chips were eaten!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Is that weird?
yes

Oatmeal raisin cookies?
Or in a salad to add sweetness and different texture?

hmm...not sure I can think of any other ways I eat them.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
yes

Oatmeal raisin cookies?
Or in a salad to add sweetness and different texture?

hmm...not sure I can think of any other ways I eat them.

I can't stand Oatmeal raisin cookies, raisin bread, cake with raisins it or anything like that. Also, I do not like fruit in my salads...raisins, oranges anything like that.....can't do it

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Is that weird?

when i was a child i hated raisin bran and oatmeal raisin cookies. Now Raisin Bran is my favorite food and oatmeal cookies are my favorite cookies. But you're right, alone they are terrible.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
We should all chip in and make sure Tripod has more than 3 chips.

Also, when you make a burger you have to put the buns together. Just weird man.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That’s a one way ticket to the baboon furnace in my books.

I made a ribeye the other night. Also baked a potato and had some rice with onions and mushrooms. It was good.

View attachment 132013
Looks great!

About time someone else posted a meal! Are the rest of you ashamed? Or does your mom take away your phone while having supper time?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m having an argument with someone about this and Id be interested to see your rankings.

Of fast food places I’ve been to (must have a drive-thru):

Taco Bell
Wendy’s
KFC
Chick-fil-a
Popeyes
McDonalds
Burger King
Arby’s
Long John Silvers

I can’t think of any others that I’ve tried....

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m having an argument with someone about this and Id be interested to see your rankings.

Of fast food places I’ve been to (must have a drive-thru):

Taco Bell
Wendy’s
KFC
Chick-fil-a
Popeyes
McDonalds
Burger King
Arby’s
Long John Silvers

I can’t think of any others that I’ve tried....

Is that your ranking, from best to worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad