OT: The Menu Part II: What is a sandwich edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm talking coffee, not coffee flavored sugar milk.
If you don't like it black, you don't like coffee
2 sugars, half and half, a pump of high fructose Carmel flavored sludge, and some whipped cream=abomination

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Coffee drinking in an artform. Just the right amount of sugar. Just the right amount cream. Absolutely no flavored syrups or whipped cream. When done right, with good coffee brewed the right way, it's rich and nutty and velvety, with notes of caramel or chocolate or vanilla or fruit or a million other things. It's heaven in a cup.

You're all just a bunch of ingrates.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Yup. By choice. Not "need".

If someone drinks coffee because they like the taste, have at it. I was referring to those who "need" it. Those people who say " I can't function without my morning coffee".

These are not mutually exclusive.

Also, I wouldn't go around telling people you freely choose to put ketchup on processed powered cheese and macaroni product. I don't know how it is up in the frigid wasteland you call home, but around these parts, that's just grounds for mass public shaming.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
These are not mutually exclusive.

Also, I wouldn't go around telling people you freely choose to put ketchup on processed powered cheese and macaroni product. I don't know how it is up in the frigid wasteland you call home, but around these parts, that's just grounds for mass public shaming.
Ah yes, another comment from a misinformed American....lol.

The frigid wasteland where it will be 90 F today. I converted it for you so you could understand.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Prepping for a barbecue tonight. Ribs about to hit the smoker when I finish -- 3 hours meat side up, then sauce applied, and meat down for 2 more hours.

Picture for @Tripod:

P72pvjn.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m having an argument with someone about this and Id be interested to see your rankings.

Of fast food places I’ve been to (must have a drive-thru):

Taco Bell
Wendy’s
KFC
Chick-fil-a
Popeyes
McDonalds
Burger King
Arby’s
Long John Silvers

I can’t think of any others that I’ve tried....
Ok, need to make a revision here... Taco Bell is #2 and Wendy’s is #1.

I placed Taco Bell #1 because I love their chicken chalupas. It’s what I get every single time I go there but I unfortunately my order was wrong this last time and I ended up with a beef chalupa instead. I had to eat it (found out it was wrong when I was at home... obviously not going to return it) and wow... awful. Their beef is so bad I have a hard time understanding why anyone would order it voluntarily.

Because of this, they’ve lost their spot at the top. I can’t honestly give them the crown when most of their menu is inedible. I could eat pretty much anything at Wendy’s and be perfectly happy, so they’re #1.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
People who "need" their morning coffee, are weak.
I have three kids under 4 years old. Yes, I need my coffee.
I love coffee. Love it. I’ll drink 2 cups per day on average but could easily drink 5 and have no issue going to sleep.
Two teaspoons of sugar, tiny splash of milk, gold baby.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Can I come?
I already did! Ribs are up there as one of my favorite foods.

Also, black coffee is great, especially from a French press. I can go weeks without drinking coffee, I just prefer not to because I like it. If your coffee tastes like ashes, you're either drinking some burnt Starbucks or other low grade prison quality coffee. Get some $30/lb Kona coffee and tell me it tastes like ashes. It's also the best pre-workout drink there is.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Also, black coffee is great, especially from a French press. I can go weeks without drinking coffee, I just prefer not to because I like it. If your coffee tastes like ashes, you're either drinking some burnt Starbucks or other low grade prison quality coffee. Get some $30/lb Kona coffee and tell me it tastes like ashes. It's also the best pre-workout drink there is.
Black Rifle CAF is my favorite. Love that stuff!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

YES! Kona coffee is magnificent. It's one of the things I missed the most after drinking instant coffee for six years. My sister found some for me down in Nashville and I am keeping it in the freezer - it is the bomb. I am actually using one of those Keurig pod ****ing things, but we found this empty plastic pod that you can put your own coffee in and use that. 'Murica started using a lot of new stuff while I was gone lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad