OT: The Menu Part II: What is a sandwich edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
YES! Kona coffee is magnificent. It's one of the things I missed the most after drinking instant coffee for six years. My sister found some for me down in Nashville and I am keeping it in the freezer - it is the bomb. I am actually using one of those Keurig pod ****ing things, but we found this empty plastic pod that you can put your own coffee in and use that. 'Murica started using a lot of new stuff while I was gone lol.
I’m not Captain Planet or anything but stay away from the actual K cups. They are terrible for the environment and are not cost effective in the least bit. Stick with that mesh screen pod.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've never had it, but I've heard good things. I usually just buy Peet's from Sam's Club or Costco or Lavazza whole beans from Amazon. For gifts, I usually get some amazing beans from Kona.

As soon as we get the house ready I am going to start a writing project and I am thinking about getting an espresso maker to see if I can jolt the living **** out of myself.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Capt dave, you should write a book from the perspective of someone either stranded somewhere al la Castaway, or a wise man coming off a mountain peak, seeing all the new stuff that you come across since you’ve been in the jungles of Thailand.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m not Captain Planet or anything but stay away from the actual K cups. They are terrible for the environment and are not cost effective in the least bit. Stick with that mesh screen pod.

Yeah, that's what I am doing. I kind of am Captain Dave Planet - I ****ing loathe plastic waste and am doing everything I can to severely limit my own plastic carbon footprint. From the first time I heard about the plastic floating in the ocean, I have been very, very bothered by it. Living in Thailand exacerbated my plastic panic exponentially.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Capt dave, you should write a book from the perspective of someone either stranded somewhere al la Castaway, or a wise man coming off a mountain peak, seeing all the new stuff that you come across since you’ve been in the jungles of Thailand.

The whole time I was over there I was looking for opportunities to write travel articles, but you have to be interested in a place to be inspired and I just wasn't interested. I might try and work something out from my 10 days in Japan and I have some ideas that I will look into.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
It's not even close on the cost comparison. I can buy a tin of decent coffee for less than $5 that will last me months (I mainly use my Keurig on the weekends), vs. $4 for 12 K-cups. I'm not even the Captain Planet save the world type, but I seriously get agitated about people who buy K-cups and people who buy bottled water.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yeah, that's what I am doing. I kind of am Captain Dave Planet - I ****ing loathe plastic waste and am doing everything I can to severely limit my own plastic carbon footprint. From the first time I heard about the plastic floating in the ocean, I have been very, very bothered by it. Living in Thailand exacerbated my plastic panic exponentially.
To be fair the majority of the plastic in the ocean is coming from Asia, and rivers in India and Africa.
Starbucks banned straws and introduced an adult soppy cup, that uses more plastic than a straw. Other places have individually wrapped paper straws, that use more plastic than straws.
However, doing what you can on your own, and not at the threat of legal action (SF giving a max of 6 months in jail for offering a straw, which is the same as knowingly infect if someone with HIV, and is no longer a felony.) is a wonderful thing.
I have a 102 fever and I think this is the menu thread, so I’m drinking a blue Gatorade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad