OT: The Menu Part II: What is a sandwich edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If you come across one, get something. Their chicken sandwiches are really, really good, and it’s the anti- McDonalds in the fact the workers are always super nice.

The thing is, there is a White Castle right out here, and it would be hard for me to pass that up ... and even when I do, there is a Rally's right there too, so the thought of passing both of them up for a chicken sandwich just doesn't seem like something I would do.

But guess what? I have to pass my driver's test before I can go anywhere :laugh: I am 100% sure that I am going to fail the written test at least once.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
The thing is, there is a White Castle right out here, and it would be hard for me to pass that up ... and even when I do, there is a Rally's right there too, so the thought of passing both of them up for a chicken sandwich just doesn't seem like something I would do.

But guess what? I have to pass my driver's test before I can go anywhere :laugh: I am 100% sure that I am going to fail the written test at least once.
I’ve never had either of those places but they sound pretty good

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’ve never had either of those places but they sound pretty good

They are super different from each other. Have you really never been to White Castle? I know they have them in New York somewhere, and I thought in New Jersey. They are small ones with a lot of onions and I am about 99.9% sure they are the origin of the term "slider." ****ing really special food.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
They are super different from each other. Have you really never been to White Castle? I know they have them in New York somewhere, and I thought in New Jersey. They are small ones with a lot of onions and I am about 99.9% sure they are the origin of the term "slider." ****ing really special food.
Yeah there aren’t any White Castles close to me, google says it’s over 30 miles to the nearest one.

I’m essentially a ‘basic white girl’ when it comes to Chick-fil-A though

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
had Rib Quesadillas last night with Guac
cooked a rack on Sunday, Ribs in the oven are actually quite easy & very good, I cut em in half, season to yr liking, wrap in foil, throw em in the oven @ 250 degrees for about 4 hours, unwrap, slap on some BBQ sauce, broil for 10 minutes or so on high till they've gotten a bit crispy on top.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Speaking of chicken sandwich....lunch today!
image.jpg

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Chik-fil-A is grossly overrated
Popeyes/Church's/Bojangles/Zaxbys are all better
their seasoning is weak [and seems to be only salt], the chicken is bland, their samwiches are often too dry [oh, thanks for the pickles], and it's overpriced [$8.25 for the 3 strip combo meal]

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I just got ice cream in a waffle cone and I was an absolute disaster. I got what they called a medium which was four scoops. It was already melting rivers over the sides and out the bottom when it was handed to me. Then the cone started disintegrating within three minutes and it ended up in an emergency cup. The best part was I had nowhere to wash my hands and to drive back to the cabin all sticky.

This experiment proves that cones are only good for little baby scoops for babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad