The Daily Bozak Thread

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Whether Bozak is back next season depends on his contract demands, what happens with Grabo and what centres are available through trade because I don't see Ribeiro/Weiss/Roy as good fits on our team for the money they will demand.

I like Bozak but with guys such as Leino and the like getting $4.5M long-term contracts as UFAs, I doubt Bozak will be back next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kadri and McClement were the only two centres from this years team that make it to next years team.

The name that gets thrown around a lot seems to be Stastny but is Stastny at $6.6M better value than Bozak at $4M? I'm not so sure he is. Nonis has some tough decisions to make for sure.

Bozak will be back, 5 years, 22m

Sorry, had wrong amt of years listed originalky

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Your trying to lay a foundation for the debate with false numbers.

Hence, the foundation of the debate is false.

If Bozak was asking for a reasonable deal, he would be signed by now, wake up.:shakehead

I'm not trying to predict exactly what they'll make. I was just trying to ballpark it to give an estimate of what our cap situation will be in a couple years.

Regarding Bozak's contract, I'd love to see your evidence of that. Many teams/players/agents prefer not to discuss contracts during the season. However I personally have no insight into Bozak's contract negotiations and unless you're his agent, you don't either.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
I can't count the amount of times that Bozak has killed momentum for this team... if he was a better skater he'd be perfect, but we need someone with more speed and someone that can maintain possession

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Whether Bozak is back next season depends on his contract demands, what happens with Grabo and what centres are available through trade because I don't see Ribeiro/Weiss/Roy as good fits on our team for the money they will demand.

I like Bozak but with guys such as Leino and the like getting $4.5M long-term contracts as UFAs, I doubt Bozak will be back next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kadri and McClement were the only two centres from this years team that make it to next years team.

The name that gets thrown around a lot seems to be Stastny but is Stastny at $6.6M better value than Bozak at $4M? I'm not so sure he is. Nonis has some tough decisions to make for sure.

Big difference is the term.

Boz will demand 5 years minimum, Stast has 1 year left.

1 season to take a shot and see if he can be that ppg C with say Kessel/JVR.

Get Kessel back on pace to be that 35/40g threat.

Frankly, I'm starting to think PK could be a 100p threat with a more competent C.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Guy has one good game and we're ready to give him 4.5.. all the other games he's worth 3. These threads are extremely nauseating.

I've always been a believer in Bozak. And by the way, the name of the thread is pretty self-explanatory. Perhaps you could avoid nauseating yourself in the future by simply not clicking into the thread. We're on a Leafs board here, let's not pretend your time is that valuable.

SteveV*

With cap going down, Bozie isn't going to find many top end suitors. I'd argue 3 years at 13 mil.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I can't count the amount of times that Bozak has killed momentum for this team... if he was a better skater he'd be perfect, but we need someone with more speed and someone that can maintain possession

bozak is a good skater, but he gave some of that up this year to put on more muscle and weight. He's looks much stronger on the puck.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Apropos of nothing in particular, just kind of interesting:

Tyler Seguin 12 goals 14 assists 26 points
Tyler Bozak 11 goals 14 assists 25 points

And he faces tougher competition!

CJ tried Seguin at center and it didn't work at all and he put him back at wing after the experiment. He's essentially a winger now despite the fans saying otherwise.

You're right, it must be real hard to shut down players if you're on a line with Bergeron as your center.

Weren't Bruins fans saying how great Seguin is defensively? If he was so good defensively...he would be counted upon as a center when Bergeron got injured.

Clearly, Julien doesn't think he's that good defensively. Those are big shoes to fill. I don't think he can be a center on the Bruins even if Krejci got injured instead of Bergeron.

You were saying how he faced tougher completion which isn't true and then you went on to say the B's were saying he was great defensivly which isn't true either . What most were saying is he's played well defensively but that was as a winger and that he was much better defensively than Kessel ( which isn't really saying much ) .

Bergerons only been out 3 games and Seguin wasn't given much of a chance so I wouldn't write him off so quickly .

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I just did. Offered same proof you did ;)

The difference? I'm not shaking my head at people like I'm some superior hockey intellect.

OH nooooo :help:

I :shakehead when someone tried to lay a cap implication foundation with using future comparable like Kadri at 6m per off his RFA contract and Kessel settling for 5.5m as a pending UFA.

It does not take superior intellect to see that was :shakehead worthy.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
OH nooooo :help:

I :shakehead when someone tried to lay a cap implication foundation with using future comparable like Kadri at 6m per off his RFA contract and Kessel settling for 5.5m as a pending UFA.

It does not take superior intellect to see that was :shakehead worthy.

Once again, I have to point out that you are completely missing the point here. Maybe if you quit shaking your head it would help you see clearly.

You think it's ridiculous Kadri gets 6m in a couple years? He might not, but I don't think it's out of the question at all. He's been our best forward this year, if that doesn't change there's no reason he shouldn't want to be paid as such. Maybe Kessel makes a little more, maybe he doesn't, it'll be a new cap world and believe it or not the rest of the NHL aren't huge fans of Phil Kessel. I'm not so sure he gets a better offer anywhere else than we get him. However as I've said all along, just speculating.

What I'm trying to say is that assuming Bozak wants around 4/year, what he brings to the table is well worth a contract like that considering it makes it more likely we'll be able to pay the Gardiner's, Kadri's and Reimer's when their turn comes.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Apropos of nothing in particular, just kind of interesting:

Tyler Seguin 12 goals 14 assists 26 points
Tyler Bozak 11 goals 14 assists 25 points

See the Phil trade and the free Bozak pick up was perfect. We never needed princess since we got an equally as talented player in Bozak+ superior player Kessel

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
See the Phil trade and the free Bozak pick up was perfect. We never needed princess since we got an equally as talented player in Bozak+ superior player Kessel
I guess those stats represent a kind of Rorschach test for some of the posters on here, who see in them whatever they choose to see.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I guess those stats represent a kind of Rorschach test for some of the posters on here, who see in them whatever they choose to see.

Bozak is better then Seguin, he plays more minutes which means we get to see him more and proves he is more worthy of TOI.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Once again, I have to point out that you are completely missing the point here. Maybe if you quit shaking your head it would help you see clearly.

You think it's ridiculous Kadri gets 6m in a couple years? He might not, but I don't think it's out of the question at all. He's been our best forward this year, if that doesn't change there's no reason he shouldn't want to be paid as such. Maybe Kessel makes a little more, maybe he doesn't, it'll be a new cap world and believe it or not the rest of the NHL aren't huge fans of Phil Kessel. I'm not so sure he gets a better offer anywhere else than we get him. However as I've said all along, just speculating.

What I'm trying to say is that assuming Bozak wants around 4/year, what he brings to the table is well worth a contract like that considering it makes it more likely we'll be able to pay the Gardiner's, Kadri's and Reimer's when their turn comes.

Once again the devil is in the details.

"in a couple of years" no not a chance, sure when he has UFA leverage, but not during his RFA term and that will be more then a "couple" of years from now.

Someone was willing to pay Alex Semin 7m per for 5 years.

You really think there is not a team out there that would offer him atleast that in the open market?
Add PK to your roster and all it costs is a contract?

If this team sinks 4m into Boz and then what?

Call it quites? our search for a #1C is over? Pay TB 4m to be our 3rd line C?

How is that any better then paying MG 5.5m?

At least MG has shown in the past that he can produce offensive pressure without the likes of Kessel-Lups/JVR.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
50 pts and he has peaked.

Next year/summer the theme will be about dumping salary.Too many teams have spent bad money on players after one hot year and gotten burned. Every Gm will look at how Bozak got prime mins with prime wingers. What would he get on a 3rd line 30pts? If he wants $4 to 5 million,what does Kadri get?

Most likely scenario,Nonnis lands a star center,puts in cheaper Colbourn and one of Grabo or Bozak are gone.If we had a number one center Bozak would have wingers like Kulemin or MacA and he would likely have 30 to 35 pts.If we cave into stupid demands it wont be long until other players start asking for crazy money based on one good year.The real question is who gets to go Bozak or Grabo?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bozak at 5m is a bargain he has just as good numbers as Seguin.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Let me see Boston pay him that.

Bozak at 5m is a bargain he has just as good numbers as Seguin.

There is no doubt Seguin isn't worth $5M ,but there is zero chance Boston coughs up that kind of money for Bozak and quite frankly,I doubt any GM will come close next summer.Someone has to go,looks like Bozak's agent has already made that choice for us.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Your nuts, Bozak would increase his offense on the 3rd line with 3rd line talent and 3rd line worth pp time? AHAHAHAH:laugh::laugh::laugh:

What a sad, desperate, shill job.:shakehead
It's already getting obvious that your ilk have no clue at all.

So why do the vast vast vast majority of 1st line players in the league have WAYYYYYY more points than 3rd line players?
Umm...that's because the VAST majority of third liners aren't that offensively talented. This idea that points somehow suggest whether one is top-six or not is the most ridiculous nonsense ever. In fact, it's not even an argument.

Go watch some hockey games and possibly get some anti-depressants as well. If it wasn't for Kadri's game, your ilk would've traded him away for a bag of pucks.

Based on your (ridiculous) argument... even if the 3rd line players aren't as talented, shouldn't they ALL be racking up the points against those horrible 3rd rate defensemen?
If you have THREE offensive line ups then yes, it's going to overstretch the opposition. However, that isn't quite common in the NHL as you need traditional third liners to win. You know the working class types that Bozak does NOT fall under.

Seriously, people's expectation of what a third liner is it just outright inane. Bozak seems like a Chris Drury type of player, a top six forward of lower quality. To score 50-ish points in the NHL is clearly top six production. Heck, even last year, Johan Franzen produced around 50-ish point with top-liners like Datsyuk or Zettersberg.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Next year/summer the theme will be about dumping salary.Too many teams have spent bad money on players after one hot year and gotten burned. Every Gm will look at how Bozak got prime mins with prime wingers. What would he get on a 3rd line 30pts? If he wants $4 to 5 million,what does Kadri get?

Most likely scenario,Nonnis lands a star center,puts in cheaper Colbourn and one of Grabo or Bozak are gone.If we had a number one center Bozak would have wingers like Kulemin or MacA and he would likely have 30 to 35 pts.If we cave into stupid demands it wont be long until other players start asking for crazy money based on one good year.The real question is who gets to go Bozak or Grabo?

Both actually, the key question is, in what order do they leave.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
By the same ridiculous notion, Dustin Brown isn't a third liner because he's only producing 57-pts with top liners. Likewise, Travis Zajac, is bust for the same damn reason. These clowns are obviously not watching other games.

And people want Stastny to replace Bozak? Err, that top line is going to be so damn soft. Moreover, he has no goal scoring ability so that's going to be limiting. I wouldn't mind him on a separate line and Kadri with Kessel, though.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Bozak and a b prospect for seguin??

Lol grow up people seguin is 21 and playing in a defensive system with a lot of scoring depth. Hate him all you want but when a couple bodies move in Boston he will be an amazing player.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
It's already getting obvious that your ilk have no clue at all.

Umm...that's because the VAST majority of third liners aren't that offensively talented. This idea that points somehow suggest whether one is top-six or not is the most ridiculous nonsense ever. In fact, it's not even an argument.

Go watch some hockey games and possibly get some anti-depressants as well. If it wasn't for Kadri's game, your ilk would've traded him away for a bag of pucks.

If you have THREE offensive line ups then yes, it's going to overstretch the opposition. However, that isn't quite common in the NHL as you need traditional third liners to win. You know the working class types that Bozak does NOT fall under.

Seriously, people's expectation of what a third liner is it just outright inane. Bozak seems like a Chris Drury type of player, a top six forward of lower quality. To score 50-ish points in the NHL is clearly top six production. Heck, even last year, Johan Franzen produced around 50-ish point with top-liners like Datsyuk or Zettersberg.

Ad hominem attacks from someone who hails from a place where their toilets flush the wrong way, is hardly worthy.:help:

Stick to what you know, rugby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad