Blue Jays Discussion: The 3B hero the Blue Jays need: Drury hits walk-off HR! (oh and some kid played too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Anybody have any lineup predictions?

Fantasy Labs has the projected batting order as such:

Sogard
Galvis
Vlad
Smoak
Grichuk
Tellez

Seems to be pretty accurate considering Rowdy has been hitting 5th in the order without Vlad being in the lineup. Would love to see Rowdy bumped up right behind Vlad, or one spot behind him at least, for selfish reasons.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Fantasy Labs has the projected batting order as such:

Sogard
Galvis
Vlad
Smoak
Grichuk
Tellez

Seems to be pretty accurate considering Rowdy has been hitting 5th in the order without Vlad being in the lineup. Would love to see Rowdy bumped up right behind Vlad, or one spot behind him at least, for selfish reasons.
Does Sogard start over Drury? I thought the plan was to give Drury the bulk of the 2B starts, filling in at 3B when Vlad gets a rest, with #Nerdpower assuming the bench role.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Does Sogard start over Drury? I thought the plan was to give Drury the bulk of the 2B starts, filling in at 3B when Vlad gets a rest, with #Nerdpower assuming the bench role.

It's just Fantasy Labs projected lineup, so basically guessing but yes.

Sogard
Galvis
Vlad
Smoak
Grichuk
Tellez
Hernandez
McKinney
Jansen

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I imagine that for now they want to stay with the hot hand in Sogard. Drury has been better in the last week than he was to start the season, but that's not saying much. Sogard, meanwhile, has been scorching the ball in his small 7-game sample to the tune of an ops over .900

They're smart to ride that until the wheels inevitably fall off. They can always figure out where to go afterward.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Here's tonight line-up. Galvis is out again with his leg injury.

Sogard SS
Smoak 1B
Grichuk CF
Tellez DH
Guerrero 3B
McKinney RF
Hernandez LF
Drury 2B
Jansen C

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Is Rowdy acting as translator for Vlad? I keep seeing Vlad bringing him around with him after his batting practice.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You still need a good team around him, obviously. How many post seasons did his dad play in as an Expo? I am not sure there were any. How many playoffs did Mike Trout play in? The good thing is that we do have a lot of other really good prospects coming.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Hopefully they are working on a trade of Smoak as we speak
My father was bitching again about them trading Pillar and how "stupid" it was the other day. Then he hit me with this one:

Dad: The idiots'll probably trade Smoak too, and then they'll have nothing.
Me: I think the plan is to trade Smoak sometime this year. He's a FA at the end, you know.
Dad: WHAT A BUNCH OF MORONS! Who's going to hit? Tellez is a strike-out machine, and no one else has any power!

He also went into a massive rant about Devon Travis, but he does that every time baseball is discussed... Because he's a Tigers fan who's still mad that Anthony Gose was complete shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad