Blue Jays Discussion: The 3B hero the Blue Jays need: Drury hits walk-off HR! (oh and some kid played too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
Fiers got the benefit of a ball being called a strike. changed the whole at bat...1-2 vs 2-1 is a huge swing...still a good AB. you can see the pitch recognition and patience.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Is Rowdy acting as translator for Vlad? I keep seeing Vlad bringing him around with him after his batting practice.
They were probably close in Buffalo. It’s one of few comforts he probably has. Jansen as well I’m sure. But Tellez speaking his language is huge for him

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Stroman was outstanding tonight. Joe coughs it up in the 8th.

True - but the Jays came back in the 9th with Drury's HR while Vlad was on 2nd with a lead off double (he was 1 for 4 for the night), contributing in his 1st game should give him some confidence

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
True - but the Jays came back in the 9th with Drury's HR while Vlad was on 2nd with a lead off double (he was 1 for 4 for the night), contributing in his 1st game should give him some confidence
Actually, Hanson was on second, having come in to pinch run for Vladdy.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Hazel Mae caught up with Vladimir Guerrero Jr. following the Toronto Blue Jays 4-2 walk-off win over the Oakland Athletics on Friday.

Last edited:

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Jays need to lock up Stro ASAP instead of the trading him like a few here want.

It’s a tough decision. It depends how many years and dollars he wants. I’d rather them extend him but if his demands are quite high then he will fetch an excellent return. Whatever they decide it has to be this year.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
You still need a good team around him, obviously. How many post seasons did his dad play in as an Expo? I am not sure there were any. How many playoffs did Mike Trout play in? The good thing is that we do have a lot of other really good prospects coming.

Hopefully we can compete in the next 2 seasons. I was a die hard Jays fan, but the handling of Alex Anthopoulos (who is Massai Ujuiri level good and signed Gurrerro Jr btw) turned me off the team. 4 years later still not happy with that decision to bring in Shapiro and see AA go.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Alright I'm going to be a Debbie Downer here but Vladdy Jrs body type strikes me as being very injury prone. He's a big dude running around a baseball field and plays his home games on the notoriously tough turf.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Hopefully we can compete in the next 2 seasons. I was a die hard Jays fan, but the handling of Alex Anthopoulos (who is Massai Ujuiri level good and signed Gurrerro Jr btw) turned me off the team. 4 years later still not happy with that decision to bring in Shapiro and see AA go.

You were a die-hard fan and THAT'S what turned you off the team?

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
It’s a tough decision. It depends how many years and dollars he wants. I’d rather them extend him but if his demands are quite high then he will fetch an excellent return. Whatever they decide it has to be this year.

Why? They have control over Stroman this year and next year.

They have plenty of time to evaluate both Stroman and the young pitchers in their system before making a long-term decision on Stro-Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad