Blue Jays Discussion: The 3B hero the Blue Jays need: Drury hits walk-off HR! (oh and some kid played too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So unfortunately the no no got broken up in the 5th after a error and a double. But fortunately in a tense 12-0 game it's good to have a pitcher on the mound who can just K the next 3 guys swinging to get out of it maintaining the close 12 run lead

It's a good thing he's not wilting under the pressure of this non-save-situation.

Also good to see Adams having a good start to the year. It seems like the shine came off him as a prospect last year with his Dunedin performance. It's not super-great that he's only doing it as a repeat at high-A, but it'd be nice to see him turn some of his tools into real potential.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
It's a good thing he's not wilting under the pressure of this non-save-situation.

Also good to see Adams having a good start to the year. It seems like the shine came off him as a prospect last year with his Dunedin performance. It's not super-great that he's only doing it as a repeat at high-A, but it'd be nice to see him turn some of his tools into real potential.
Adams actually had a solid 2nd half last year in Dunedin. I think he could've handled a bump up to AA but I guess the jays wanted him to dominate in A ball and show a little more power before a promotion.

I doubt he spends much more time in Dunedin.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
First guy gets on due to an error. Second player doubles. 2nd and 3rd no out and Pearson strikes out the next three batters. The first two batters he struck out were on 3 pitches each. He's getting a ton of swings and misses.
Very impressive.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Where is Tellez going to hit in the order now that Vlad is up? Feel like Rowdy could continue his hot streak here now that everyone will be worried about Vlad too.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Very impressive.
Indeed.
So was the offence.
22 (!) hits, 8 walks; every starter hit, 6 different guys walked.
Logan is Warmothing up. Now at .246, ops just shy of .700. Ryan Noda’s pushed his ops over .830.
Riley Adams’s home run was of the grand salami variety.
New Hampshire notes: Kevin Smith is really scuffling. Forrest Wall and Santiago Espinal are on upswings.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Morimundo starts for Buffalo, Spraker for Dunedin.

More interesting to watch in New Hampshire and Lansing, where Sopko and Winchowski take the hill.

Not much mention of Nick Allgeyer. He’s been lights out.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Lordy...heard a guy on with Blair saying this will be the mot anticipated sporting event in of the year in 3 countries.....hyperbole much?

Yeah, I think that’s a bit much. However, if you limit it to baseball, it’s probably the most anticipated event in Canada and the Dominican Republic and one of the most anticipated events in the U.S..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, I think that’s a bit much. However, if you limit it to baseball, it’s probably the most anticipated event in Canada and the Dominican Republic and one of the most anticipated events in the U.S..

It won’t make ripple down here. Unless they are a hardcore baseball fan they don’t know who he is.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It won’t make ripple down here. Unless they are a hardcore baseball fan they don’t know who he is.

The game has been picked up by MLB Network.
It's the top story on MLB.com.
It's the top baseball story on ESPN.

He's the best prospect in baseball, the best offensive prospect the game has seen in decades, and the son of a Hall of Famer. It's not just hardcore fans who know about him.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah this is definitely under selling it. Meanwhile saying its the biggest sporting event in the history of ever is definitely over selling it. Anyone that is a baseball fan anywhere will be keyed in to Vlads debut regardless of where they happen to live.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Fair enough. But among serious baseball fans, I would say there is definite anticipation in the U.S.. The game is being aired on MLB Network and is MLB.tv’s free game of the day. Guerrero is also today’s Twitter Hitter which means all of his at bats will be streamed live on MLB’s account.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The game has been picked up by MLB Network.
It's the top story on MLB.com.
It's the top baseball story on ESPN.

He's the best prospect in baseball, the best offensive prospect the game has seen in decades, and the son of a Hall of Famer. It's not just hardcore fans who know about him.

Exactly. Only the hard core watch MLB network.
If it makes ESPN ( if that still on?) then people will be introduced to him. Hardly the most anticipated event of the year.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Fair enough. But among serious baseball fans, I would say there is definite anticipation in the U.S.. The game is being aired on MLB Network and is MLB.tv’s free game of the day. Guerrero is also today’s Twitter Hitter which means all of his at bats will be streamed live on MLB’s account.

Not saying MLB is not smart marketing him in case he turns into a superstar. Not saying it’s not a big deal. I’m quite confident in saying it’s not the most anticipated sporting event of the year in the US.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Not saying MLB is not smart marketing him in case he turns into a superstar. Not saying it’s not a big deal. I’m quite confident in saying it’s not the most anticipated sporting event of the year in the US.

There's a pretty wide range of options between "most anticipated sporting event of the year" and "won't make a ripple".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad