Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Not sure if others will agree, but Byram and Turcotte seem like franchise players to me. Byram is playing ridiculous right now, dominating both ends of the ice.
Byram is easily the best D in the draft. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes #3 OV after Hughes and Kakko.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Not sure if others will agree, but Byram and Turcotte seem like franchise players to me. Byram is playing ridiculous right now, dominating both ends of the ice.
I do agree. I have them both in my top-5 along with Cozens.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They have a different style but does Cozens stepping in next year the same way Kotkaniemi did it in Montreal a real possibility?

Last edited:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
They have a different style but does Cozen stepping in next year the same way Kotkaniemi did it in Montreal a real possibility?
I think it is but I would put him on the 3rd line to ease him in on the W with Soda or at C if Soda is our 2nd C next season (hope we have somebody else by then).

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think it is but I would put him on the 3rd line to ease him in on the W with Soda or at C if Soda is our 2nd C next season (hope we have somebody else by then).

Kotkaniemi is playing 3C in Montreal as an 18yo. If we could get a C that can play a similar useful role until Soda's contract expires that'd be real nice.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Still hoping to get to see Hughes and the rest of the USNTDP team here in Lincoln in early March. The way the Stars have played this season I'm expecting a complete rout of the home team.

You should be used to it after the Cornhuskers' season.

giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not that I agree with that list, but this is interesting:

7 USNTDP players, 2 USHL, and 1 high school player that might finish in the USHL... so 9 or 10 players from that league
3 OHL
6 WHL
2 QMJHL

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Not that I agree with that list, but this is interesting:

7 USNTDP players, 2 USHL, and 1 high school player that might finish in the USHL... so 9 or 10 players from that league
3 OHL
6 WHL
2 QMJHL
Weird because isn't that a "kiddie" league?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
How many GMs in the top 15 (so non-playoff teams) have the kind of job security where they can use that pick on a goalie? Maybe a team like the Avs do it with their extra pick, which would be great, but it's still a risk.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How many GMs in the top 15 (so non-playoff teams) have the kind of job security where they can use that pick on a goalie? Maybe a team like the Avs do it with their extra pick, which would be great, but it's still a risk.

Not all goalies are the same.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not all goalies are the same.
His point is that by the time a goalie, even one as talented as Knight, reaches the NHL, that GM might not still have his job. GMs of non-playoff teams tend to favor short-term moves that increase their job security, which is one of many reasons why forwards tend to get taken higher than other positions.

Reactions: Avs_19 and cgf

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
As long as the Sens pick ends up top 5 I'm happy. Any one of Kakko, Hughes, Byram, Cozens, or Dach sounds great.

The team has so many holes BPA will always fill a role.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
As long as the Sens pick ends up top 5 I'm happy. Any one of Kakko, Hughes, Byram, Cozens, or Dach sounds great.

The team has so many holes BPA will always fill a role.

I'd agree with this. We've been super stoked about our defense before, and been happy with the prospects we've had only for them to become disappointments. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to really build on that. If those prospects are actually as good as they seem, they become trade fodder or someone on the roster does.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'd rank that top 5 in terms of what I think would be best for the team as:

Kakko
Cozens
Byram
Hughes
Dach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad