Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
How soon we all forget Marko Dano and his non-bust contributions as a 1st rounder. :laugh:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Two of those are still developing and a number in that list had good careers. Campbell is turning into a really good backup. Goalies are no more risky than a skater... it is just if a goalie stumble, he is a backup or not in the league. A late 1st skater might get a couple years as a 3rd/4th liner or bottom pairing extra D sort.

AVs with their selection is likely Top 10.

Sakic drafts the BPA. So the selection in this range would be Turcotte, Lavoie, Krebs, Suzuki, Byram or Broberg. I believe they're better choices as Knight is ranked 20th. Maybe a trade or move the 2nd/3rds for another 1st round. This draft is strong with Goalies with other choices in the later rounds.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
AVs with their selection is likely Top 10.

Sakic drafts the BPA. So the selection in this range would be Turcotte, Lavoie, Krebs, Suzuki, Byram or Broberg. I believe they're better choices as Knight is ranked 20th. Maybe a trade or move the 2nd/3rds for another 1st round. This draft is strong with Goalies with other choices in the later rounds.

I'm not pounding the table for Knight there... I'm saying that the whole idea that goalies bust more than skaters is really a myth. It is more along the lines that if they do bust, it is more apparent.

IMO if the Avs pick is 5-8 stay and draft the left overs of that tier. If the pick is 9-11, I'd probably trade down ~4 spots for an extra 2nd or two then select Knight. At 13-16 I'd probably select Knight. I'm higher on Suzuki than some, but I personally think he has WAY more risk than Knight. Suzuki has legit top 6 talent and plays a smart game, but is softer than a baby's crap after a tequila binge.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'm not pounding the table for Knight there... I'm saying that the whole idea that goalies bust more than skaters is really a myth. It is more along the lines that if they do bust, it is more apparent.

IMO if the Avs pick is 5-8 stay and draft the left overs of that tier. If the pick is 9-11, I'd probably trade down ~4 spots for an extra 2nd or two then select Knight. At 13-16 I'd probably select Knight. I'm higher on Suzuki than some, but I personally think he has WAY more risk than Knight. Suzuki has legit top 6 talent and plays a smart game, but is softer than a baby's crap after a tequila binge.

Trading down a few spots will likely add a 3rd than 2nd.

I guess it'll depend on the BPA, but agree Knight over Suzuki would be my choice as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If the pick is 9-11, I'd probably trade down ~4 spots for an extra 2nd or two then select Knight.

Trading down a few spots will likely add a 3rd than 2nd

If Knight is their guy then draft him. No reason to risk losing him for a draft pick that will more than likely never make it to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad