Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part II

Which combo is wetting your appetite the most? (4th & 25th as of 11/27)-(You only have two options)

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He sure does!
And we shouldn't believe Bob. He's starting to fall of the cliff due to his age.
But like you said it don't matter. We will get both KK&JH.

tenor.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I haven't been able to see tables from TSN articles for a while now. Is it because I need a subscription to see them? I see the articles no problem but not the tables. Anybody else has this problem.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
But he plays in a kiddie league!!! IMO Kakko is a franchise level prospect, and a clear #2... he just isn't Hughes. At the rate the Avs are going though... we will get both.
One day you'll have to tell us what connection you have with the Hughes brothers. There are love stories and there's...this. ;)

Reactions: BleedWell

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Goaltender Spencer Knight is No. 19 and the clear choice as the top stopper in this draft, a potential franchise player at his position. There are those associated with USA Hockey who believe the 6-foot-3, 197-pound elite athlete is on a trajectory to become one of the best American goalies ever. All 10 scouts surveyed by TSN ranked Knight a first rounder; half of them had him in their Top 15 and one as high as No. 7.

This is why it's no more risky to draft him than any skater in the 10-20 range. Nor should he take longer to reach the NHL than any of these guys.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Drafting a goalie in the first round is something GMs shy away from for obvious reasons. It takes them a long time to contribute and then the GM might be gone anyway. Goalie development also is harder to predict than forward development.

I have to admit I would enjoy following Knight if Avs drafted him, simply because Avs haven't drafted a high end goalie prospect in a very long time.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If we miss on Knight I would be very happy with Sogaard.

Some thoughts on the prospects game last night:
Krebs had an impact on 3 of the 4 goals by team Cherry in the prospects game.
- The first goal doesn't happen without the turnover he created. The puck would have been out of the zone. No pint on that goal.
- He scored their 3rd goal on the PP.
- He had the primary assist on the 4th goal.

Krebs was playing with Nick Robertson who had a great game and Kaliev. Although he scored two of the 4 goals by team Cherry's, Kaliev was quite invisible the rest of the time. Overrated IMO due to his great shot.

Still like Cozens more than Dach.

Really liked both Harley and Matthew Robertson although the later blew a tire on one of team Orr's goals.

Reactions: avsfan09

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Einstein was right all along. Human stupidity really knows no bounds.
Wait! Wait! Did you just use an Einstein quote? Man oh man! It must feel so good and special to be so smart. An Einstein quote... Wow.
:facepalm:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You don’t have to be smart to quoute someone smart. But you have to have at least an ounce of intelligence not to act like a petulant little 5 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad