Proposal: TB/MTL: Domi and Gourde?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
gourde is as good as domi rn though, the defensive gap really is massive
View attachment 320629
also not sure where domis gonna play center here considering we have point cirelli and stamkos. rather keep the natural winger whos gonna be cheaper.

Gourde was a natural center who switched to wing. Domi was a natural center who switched to wing then back to center then back to wing.

You're also using a three year sample to argue right now. And right now, while both players are getting unlucky to a degree, Gourde has not been coming close to playing up to his contract. And ability to produce is still paramount.

Also, out of curiosity, do an RAPM chart for Paul Byron.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
my friend made a statistical model to determine how much a player "should" be paid. its based on WAR. ive asked him for his results but not gotten anything. but i know the general premise. in general, replacement level is 1.1M per year and each win above replacement is 3.3M (for forwards). so while i dont know the weighted averages hes using, i can simply average gourde's last 3 seasons to estimate this. these are 3.4, 2.7, and 0.4 wins above replacement. this gives around 2.166 WAR per season. this season not being done skews it down a bit but whatever. using this model, Gourde should be paid 8.25 million dollars per season. that may be a bit on the high side though, since 17-18 is the best of the three seasons. if we just use this season and last, he averages 1.55 WAR per season. using this number, he should be getting paid 6.215 million dollars per season. my guess is that using the weighted average will generate something in between these two numbers, probably closer to the lower one. so yes, yanni gourde is underpaid by probably 1 to 1.5 million dollars per season.
Oof.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
actually since i used WAR totals and not rates i probably slightly underestimated this number for gourde and domi since this season isnt done, the point remains though gourde is not a cap dump

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Gourde was a natural center who switched to wing. Domi was a natural center who switched to wing then back to center then back to wing.

You're also using a three year sample to argue right now. And right now, while both players are getting unlucky to a degree, Gourde has not been coming close to playing up to his contract. And ability to produce is still paramount.

Also, out of curiosity, do an RAPM chart for Paul Byron.
even by 2 year contract value formula Gourde is underpaid.

what sample do you want for Byron? heres 17-20, with lehkonen as well.
upload_2020-2-14_12-2-35.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It was 5 pages of Tampa fans saying exactly that and Dom making more outlandish asinine misinterpretations of stats and his "facts".

I'm not counting Tampa post vs Habs posts. You know how many Habs fans on are HF boards bud? Might be easy for you to notice but not Habs fans. We are everywhere and the opinions are all over the place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad