Proposal: TB/MTL: Domi and Gourde?

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
If a model is producing results like Point at 16M that shows that it's flawed and inaccurate and should probably be reassessed.

The model isn't flawed at all, it looks at what stats it can and compares to the replacement level and argues from there. The more stats available the better your argument will be. NHL salaries are relatively low for stars compared to other sports and the stats to determine who is the best are constantly improving. The more data the more accurate it will be.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So... Montreal wants an overrated French Canadian who had one good year? What else is new?
You will find that every Hab fans doesn't want the overrated French Canadian who had one good year .
Reading the thread before making trolling/stupid post might be a good idea.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
domi is very good but so is gourde i wouldnt add too much to gourde to get domi especially with his upcoming RFA and hes likely gonna be paid 7+m per year making it hard to afford cirelli and sergachev
That's good because Gourde as the Center piece to get Domi is a joke.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's good because Gourde as the Center piece to get Domi is a joke.

There is obviously a lineup of GMs ready to strip tje Habs of their best players....atleast in tje eyes of their fans.

I don't lke Bbinz, but one thing is for sure, he's not trading any players until it makes sense and is of equal value.

Basically, it just a foamimg tooth paste war of "mine is better then yours".

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Thank you for proving my point as to the delusional evaluations of Habs fans. Zero chance that happens, and you need to work on your reading comprehension. Tatar - or any non-ELC player for that matter - with term is the very last thing we want.

And he has nowhere near that sort of value to begin with. If you want Vancouver’s 1st then it’s Suzuki coming our way, not Tatar. Don’t want to do that? I don’t blame you, but then you can stop demanding pieces that aren’t available for players we really don’t want in the first place.

irony.png

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
my friend made a statistical model to determine how much a player "should" be paid. its based on WAR. ive asked him for his results but not gotten anything. but i know the general premise. in general, replacement level is 1.1M per year and each win above replacement is 3.3M (for forwards). so while i dont know the weighted averages hes using, i can simply average gourde's last 3 seasons to estimate this. these are 3.4, 2.7, and 0.4 wins above replacement. this gives around 2.166 WAR per season. this season not being done skews it down a bit but whatever. using this model, Gourde should be paid 8.25 million dollars per season. that may be a bit on the high side though, since 17-18 is the best of the three seasons. if we just use this season and last, he averages 1.55 WAR per season. using this number, he should be getting paid 6.215 million dollars per season. my guess is that using the weighted average will generate something in between these two numbers, probably closer to the lower one. so yes, yanni gourde is underpaid by probably 1 to 1.5 million dollars per season.

Do you think maybe the statistical model your friend made is .... not quite working?

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Thank you for proving my point as to the delusional evaluations of Habs fans. Zero chance that happens, and you need to work on your reading comprehension. Tatar - or any non-ELC player for that matter - with term is the very last thing we want.

And he has nowhere near that sort of value to begin with. If you want Vancouver’s 1st then it’s Suzuki coming our way, not Tatar. Don’t want to do that? I don’t blame you, but then you can stop demanding pieces that aren’t available for players we really don’t want in the first place.

You are clearly the delusional one.

In the same post you claim that Vancouvers pick, which is projecting to be somewhere from 20th-26th gets you a guy who was drafted 13th overall and is pacing for 50-55pts as a center in his D+2 rookie season. And you claim that a guy who is almost a point per game winger (this season) and a 20+ goal scorer 6 years straight, who's salary can be retained and can be had at 2.65m for this season AND next, can't even get a late first round pick. Despite the fact that every season an average of 5 or 6 first rounders are traded, usually for inferior players. Clearly delusional.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Just cause Domi might ask for more than what we are willing to give him, it don't mean we should trade him for cheap. If I'm trading Domi, it's for a equal talent close to his age and team control but a top 4D. We don't need a Gourde type on our roster.

Domi > Gourde

I counter with Domi for Sergachev :naughty:

So someone is going to trade you a player just as good as Domi on a cheap contract so they have to pay him more? I don’t see that making sense

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
Lol. Seems you need to look up the definition of reading skills since you’re the one that keeps twisting everything I say and reading content into it that isnt there. But yeah. I’m done dealing with your little temper tantrum.
My god, reading everything that guy said was painful

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So someone is going to trade you a player just as good as Domi on a cheap contract so they have to pay him more? I don’t see that making sense
Someone would have to be delusional to even think that Groude is as good as Domi.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Petry would be probably the most desired player from TB's standpoint but i don't think they have the assets to acquire him.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Petry would be probably the most desired player from TB's standpoint but i don't think they have the assets to acquire him.
We don't have the expendable assets, and we don't have the cap space to take on additional years. Any player Tampa looks at has to be a UFA, unless one of Gourde or Johnson go the other way, which isn't going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->