Proposal: TB/MTL: Domi and Gourde?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Something significant.

Because they wouldn't want to give Domi the contract he wants... So get a talented winger, albeit overpaid (which they can afford) and a few other pieces. Draft's in Mtl this year.

We don't know what contract Domi wants, but odds are its not going to be significantly more than Gourde's. The larger reason Montreal might consider moving Domi is that they don't really need him at center long term and they have an excess of left shot wingers. Which is what Gourde is. Also, if Montreal is moving Domi in a hockey trade, they'd probably prefer to get bigger, not smaller.

Gourde just isn't the guy Montreal would realistically target at all.

Reactions: BLNY

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Knowing the way each team operates I will predict this.

Gourde plus prospect and or pick for Tatar.

It works out like the Pacioretty trade for Montreal where they get the lesser player in return plus futures.

It works out for Tampa as they get a clear cut upgrade to their top six.

Cap hits are close.
Gourde is 28. Tatar is 29.

Gourde is currently overpaid for his production, and he is so until he's 24.

No way Montreal touches that. Anyways, Tampa needs a top 4 RHD, not a winger.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who said we want anything from Montreal? :huh: We can't afford guys we maybe interested in (Petry, Tatar). We are not that much interesting in guys we can afford (Kovalchuk). This scout news may mean nothing really.

Kovalchuk for a 2nd+. Best 2nd round pick gets him. I suspect 3 or 4 teams will be in on him for a 2nd. All depends on who offers the lower 2nd and maybe one team throws in a future 4th to tip the scales.

There will be interest in Kovalchuk. But whoever acquires him, better play him in their top 6 and PP. Otherwise, they will be disappointed if they try to use him in a bottom 6 role like the Kings tried.

Reactions: Hint1k

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Gourde does not get you Tatar. Add a 1st and then maybe...
Why would the Habs want an underperforming player like Gourde. He is a total capdump. You would have to add a significant sweetener to offload that mistake. Good luck with that!

No interest in capdumps with term!

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Don’t see the interest on Gourde. I just can’t. On the other hand, Cal Foote is an interesting target depending on what Tampa Bay needs

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Is this thread a joke? Gourde is a total cap liability. WTF??
domi is very good but so is gourde i wouldnt add too much to gourde to get domi especially with his upcoming RFA and hes likely gonna be paid 7+m per year making it hard to afford cirelli and sergachev

have you been drinking? lol. Habs wouldn’t trade for Gourde - you would have to add a significant sweetener to dump that mistake. This is laughable. 5’9” capdump for Domi ? Hahahahaha

what were the TBL thinking when they gave him that contract??

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Is this thread a joke? Gourde is a total cap liability. WTF??

have you been drinking? lol. Habs wouldn’t trade for Gourde - you would have to add a significant sweetener to dump that mistake. This is laughable. 5’9” capdump for Domi ? Hahahahaha

what were the TBL thinking when they gave him that contract??
gourde aint a cap dump tho hes a legit top-6 winger

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
yeah, and tampa wont be able to afford domis next contract anyway. theres not a deal here.

I think its more on Montreal seeing Gourde as a cap dump than Tampa not being able to afford Domi's next contract, given that Tampa probably can't afford Gourde's current contract.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
yeah, and tampa wont be able to afford domis next contract anyway. theres not a deal here.

You have to admit, the OP's proposal is utterly ridiculous for the Habs. Its insulting at best. Just what we need - a badly overpaid 5'9 winger. WTF?

If the TBL could dump Gourde for zero return they would do it!

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I think its more on Montreal seeing Gourde as a cap dump than Tampa not being able to afford Domi's next contract, given that Tampa probably can't afford Gourde's current contract.
gourde is as good as domi rn though, the defensive gap really is massive
upload_2020-2-14_10-37-22.png

also not sure where domis gonna play center here considering we have point cirelli and stamkos. rather keep the natural winger whos gonna be cheaper.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You have to admit, the OP's proposal is utterly ridiculous for the Habs. Its insulting at best. Just what we need - a badly overpaid 5'9 winger. WTF?

If the TBL could dump Gourde for zero return they would do it!
if the TBL dumped gourde for zero return id dump myself off the sunshine skyway

also gourde is underpaid if anything

Reactions: ccman68

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Doubt Montreal would trade Domi in division. Even if they did they'd want more than just Gourde in return.

They'd want Gourde not to be included in the deal for starters. But in reality, Domi is not for sale at all. Rutherford called and was turned away. Habs are going to capitolize on Domi's down season. Will be interesting to see how he finished with Drouin back.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Good Lord!
my friend made a statistical model to determine how much a player "should" be paid. its based on WAR. ive asked him for his results but not gotten anything. but i know the general premise. in general, replacement level is 1.1M per year and each win above replacement is 3.3M (for forwards). so while i dont know the weighted averages hes using, i can simply average gourde's last 3 seasons to estimate this. these are 3.4, 2.7, and 0.4 wins above replacement. this gives around 2.166 WAR per season. this season not being done skews it down a bit but whatever. using this model, Gourde should be paid 8.25 million dollars per season. that may be a bit on the high side though, since 17-18 is the best of the three seasons. if we just use this season and last, he averages 1.55 WAR per season. using this number, he should be getting paid 6.215 million dollars per season. my guess is that using the weighted average will generate something in between these two numbers, probably closer to the lower one. so yes, yanni gourde is underpaid by probably 1 to 1.5 million dollars per season.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
my friend made a statistical model to determine how much a player "should" be paid. its based on WAR. ive asked him for his results but not gotten anything. but i know the general premise. in general, replacement level is 1.1M per year and each win above replacement is 3.3M (for forwards). so while i dont know the weighted averages hes using, i can simply average gourde's last 3 seasons to estimate this. these are 3.4, 2.7, and 0.4 wins above replacement. this gives around 2.166 WAR per season. this season not being done skews it down a bit but whatever. using this model, Gourde should be paid 8.25 million dollars per season. that may be a bit on the high side though, since 17-18 is the best of the three seasons. if we just use this season and last, he averages 1.55 WAR per season. using this number, he should be getting paid 6.215 million dollars per season. my guess is that using the weighted average will generate something in between these two numbers, probably closer to the lower one. so yes, yanni gourde is underpaid by probably 1 to 1.5 million dollars per season.

Is your friend Dubas???? LOL

TBL made a mistake with Gourde and will have to live with it.

Habs want no part of Gourde or his contract or his pint-size or the fact he's a under-performing winger. Habs do not want to trade Domi. Habs have tons of capspace. This thread is a joke.

Close thread! Its borderline trolling.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
btw, doing this for domi yields 5.83 M per year with the longer sample and 7.04M in the shorter one, pretty similar numbers to gourde.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad