Proposal: TB/MTL: Domi and Gourde?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
domi is very good but so is gourde i wouldnt add too much to gourde to get domi especially with his upcoming RFA and hes likely gonna be paid 7+m per year making it hard to afford cirelli and sergachev
Domi is significantly better than Gourde. That said, you’re right about Domi not fitting into Tampa’s salary structure. It’s not a trade that makes sense for either team

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Domi will still be an RFA and is a good 2 mil below Gourde's cap hit. Mtl can definitely afford to give Max a big raise. Doubt they want to. They can easily absorb Gourde's salary for the next 2-3 years if they get some good pieces in return.

I hate the Habs but this garbage you are trying to spread is best left at the curb. Perhaps TB can get Montreal to take Gourde but it will take a huge plus for a return of a late conditional pick. Domi does not belong in this conversation.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I think we are looking at Kovalchuck. I dont think Tatar or Domi make sense for the Lightning.​
That seems like the most likely scenario. Kovalchuk is cheap and could be had for a pick (if he decides not to re-sign with Montreal)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Because they wouldn't want to give Domi the contract he wants... So get a talented winger, albeit overpaid (which they can afford) and a few other pieces. Draft's in Mtl this year.

Just cause Domi might ask for more than what we are willing to give him, it don't mean we should trade him for cheap. If I'm trading Domi, it's for a equal talent close to his age and team control but a top 4D. We don't need a Gourde type on our roster.

Domi > Gourde

I counter with Domi for Sergachev :naughty:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I think we are looking at Kovalchuck. I dont think Tatar or Domi make sense for the Lightning.​
Kovalchuk is a top6 guy. He is useless in bottom 6. We could have used Kovy last year instead of injured Palat. Right now Palat is healthy, so Kovalchuk does not really have a place in our top6.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Domi is significantly better than Gourde. That said, you’re right about Domi not fitting into Tampa’s salary structure. It’s not a trade that makes sense for either team
domi is significantly better offensively but the defensive gap is similarly large in favor of gourde

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hate the Habs but this garbage you are trying to spread is best left at the curb. Perhaps TB can get Montreal to take Gourde but it will take a huge plus for a return of a late conditional pick. Domi does not belong in this conversation.

Thank you from the Habs. Not many do this for us and usually jump on the other side saying we overvalue our assets all the time.

Domi for Gourde is like Danault for Point or Mete for Sergachev. Maybe a little exaggeration but you get the point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
domi is significantly better offensively but the defensive gap is similarly large in favor of gourde

Does that mean Danault = Point then? Cause Danault is better defensively? See how bad that sounds

Gourde is a good forward yes. But no way he gets you an asset like Domi. Try another team please.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Tampa would be better to acquire him in the off season as he plays well for 1 year, then sulks.

They're probably looking at Petry,or Tatar.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Tampa would be better to acquire him in the off season as he plays well for 1 year, then sulks.

If you don’t like the price of Domi or Tatar you’re gonna hate what it would take to get Petry. Lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Probably Petry cause they need a RD. But doubt they will pay the required price to pry him away from Montreal. It will take a 1st and a grade A prospect at least. Doubt that happens. Don't call us telling us he is not that good or not worth that. It won't work. You want him, you pay what we would want to give him up.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Kovalchuk is a top6 guy. He is useless in bottom 6. We could have used Kovy last year instead of injured Palat. Right now Palat is healthy, so Kovalchuk does not really have a place in our top6.

Bump johnson down to the 3rd line.

Stamkos Point Kucherov
Palat Cirelli Kovalchuck
Killorn Johnson Gourde
Verhaeghe Paquette Maroon

Reactions: Hint1k

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Stamkos Point Kucherov
Palat Cirelli Kovalchuck
Killorn Johnson Gourde

Best 2nd round pick gets Kovalchuk. Tampa's 2nd will be 55-62 range and probably 59-62. If a team in the 10-16 spot offers their 2nd, Tampa will have to offer more.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Does that mean Danault = Point then? Cause Danault is better defensively? See how bad that sounds

Gourde is a good forward yes. But no way he gets you an asset like Domi. Try another team please.
danault is actually not that far from point (hes a top 10 C imo), but point isnt a defensive liability the way domi is so point is still better overall since point is >>> danault offensively and danault>>point defensively.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I have no interest in the Habs acquiring Gourde. Seems like his contract is a bit of an anchor for a player of his quality. If Tampa had scouts there, it's likely for Kovy or Petry. Let's do Petry for Cal Foote and a 1st

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Stamkos Point Kucherov
Palat Cirelli Kovalchuck
Killorn Johnson Gourde
i dont want kovalsuck

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-14_9-13-10.png
    upload_2020-2-14_9-13-10.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 3

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I have no interest in the Habs acquiring Gourde. Seems like his contract is a bit of an anchor for a player of his quality. If Tampa had scouts there, it's likely for Kovy or Petry. Let's do Petry for Cal Foote and a 1st
why would we do that we have 7 capable dmen and petry isnt that much better than shattenkirk not at the price of our top prospect and a 1st

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
danault is actually not that far from point (hes a top 10 C imo), but point isnt a defensive liability the way domi is so point is still better overall since point is >>> danault offensively and danault>>point defensively.

Domi still has more value than Gourde even after you factor in their complete games (strengths and flaws). No way the Habs make that trade and you can try to add a spare part on top of Gourde all you want. Still won't work.

Domi for Sergachev might work.
or

Domi, Mete, Kovalchuk
for
Sergachev, 1st, and cap dump (Condon)

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
or
Domi, Mete, Kovalchuk
for

It is not a fantasy forum. It's a trade forum. Tampa is not going to trade Sergachev or Foote bothers. Even Gourde is unlikely scenario. Tampa may trade 2nd rate prospects and picks. Simply because Tampa has two goals 1) current playoff run 2) keep the roster under the cap space and keep it competitive for the next runs. Trades you suggesting contradict both goals.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Domi still has more value than Gourde even after you factor in their complete games (strengths and flaws). No way the Habs make that trade and you can try to add a spare part on top of Gourde all you want. Still won't work.

or

Domi, Mete, Kovalchuk
for
id probably do those other trades actually, especially the second one as i am high on mete (id rather have someone other than kovy though). also as i said i dont want to do gourde+ for domi.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It is not a fantasy forum. It's a trade forum. Tampa is not going to trade Sergachev or Foote bothers. Even Gourde is unlikely scenario. Tampa may trade 2nd rate prospects and picks. Simply because Tampa has two goals 1) current playoff run 2) keep the roster under the cap space and keep it competitive for the next runs. Trades you suggesting contradict both goals.

2nd rate prospects won't get you any of our pieces. Maybe you can get pieces like Thompson or Scandella types.

Hard to make both sides happy. You can call it a fantasy all you want. Gourde for Domi is also a fantasy dream for the Lightning

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
id probably do those other trades actually, especially the second one as i am high on mete (id rather have someone other than kovy though). also as i said i dont want to do gourde+ for domi.

I think the Gourde+ for Domi trade won't work for both sides. We agree.

The other proposals are just a shot in the dark. We can tinker with that if we feel we are close to making both sides happy

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
2nd rate prospects won't get you any of our pieces. Maybe you can get pieces like Thompson or Scandella types.

Hard to make both sides happy. You can call it a fantasy all you want. Gourde for Domi is also a fantasy dream for the Lightning

Who said we want anything from Montreal? :huh: We can't afford guys we maybe interested in (Petry, Tatar). We are not that much interesting in guys we can afford (Kovalchuk). This scout news may mean nothing really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad