Proposal: TB/MTL: Domi and Gourde?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Now who’s reading comprehension is in question. Where did I say a 1st plus Gourde +? I didn’t. I said Gourde isnt a fit and a Tatar trade would be a 1st +.

Yours still, because if you think we would have even the slightest bit of interest in Tatar without equal or greater cap going back the other way then you didn’t understand a word I’ve posted in this thread. The ONLY reason we would be interested in Tatar would be in exchange for Gourde, and not because we would see it as an upgrade but for the additional cap flexibility it would gain us. Otherwise we wouldn’t take him for free given our cap situation. And we certainly aren’t paying a 1st + for him.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Yours still, because if you think we would have even the slightest bit of interest in Tatar without equal or greater cap going back the other way then you didn’t understand a word I’ve posted in this thread. The ONLY reason we would be interested in Tatar would be in exchange for Gourde, and not because we would see it as an upgrade but for the additional cap flexibility it would gain us. Otherwise we wouldn’t take him for free given our cap situation. And we certainly aren’t paying a 1st + for him.
That’s fine. Tatar isn’t a fit for Tampa and Gourde isn’t a fit for Montreat. I never said otherwise. I just said a trade for Tatar starts with a 1st abd you add from there. That’s not out of line. Look what Zucker just returned. So yeah. My reading comprehension is just fine and yours needs considerable work. You just keep jumping from one conclusion to another.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I don’t know why I even tried. I’ve got better things to do than bang my head against the proverbial wall arguing with people who lack basic reading skills, much less any actual hockey knowledge or ability to evaluate players. Goodbye.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I don’t know why I even tried. I’ve got better things to do than bang my head against the proverbial wall arguing with people who lack basic reading skills, much less any actual hockey knowledge or ability to evaluate players. Goodbye.
Lol. Seems you need to look up the definition of reading skills since you’re the one that keeps twisting everything I say and reading content into it that isnt there. But yeah. I’m done dealing with your little temper tantrum.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Let’s be clear about a couple of things.

For starters, Gourde is by no means a cap dump. He’s in the same position Miller was last season: pushed to our bottom six by the depth ahead of him and ending up on our fourth line for balance purposes. He obviously isn’t going to do a lot of scoring playing with two offensively-challenged rookies. But he’s still great defensively and as he’s shown the last couple of games he can be productive offensively when put on the ice with skilled players. We would be open to moving him (if possible - he has a full NTC) because we could use the cap space for higher priority players, but he does not have negative value.

Second there is no realistic scenario in which Montreal gets Cal Foote so you can all stop asking for him. He’s our only defensive prospect worth a damn and his cheap contract makes him worth his weight in gold. He’s not going anywhere. Nor is his brother likely to be available, as he’s the only forward prospect we have with obvious top six potential and we’re going be moving on from some of our aging veterans over the next few years; unless you’re offering Suzuki (which I very much doubt) you can forget about Nolan Foote as well. Dipping into our prospect pool for rentals has not been a part of the organization’s philosophy over the last several years and with things getting tight capwise this summer I don’t see that changing - certainly not with our most valuable prospects. Rentals are a luxury; cheap quality replacements for our cap casualties in the coming years are a vital necessity.

Now that we have that out of the way, let’s talk possibilities. I don’t see us going for Domi - he’d be too expensive (both to acquire and to extend) and as I said we need our top prospects to fill key holes cheaply in the near future. Something around Tatar for Gourde would at least be intriguing, as we would get a small cap savings and more importantly free ourselves of Gourde’s full NTC (assuming he would be willing to waive to play close to home); we could then flip Tatar in the summer if necessary. Unfortunately I’m fairly certain Montreal fans value Tatar far more highly than we would, so I’m not sure there’s any common ground to be found there - at least as far as discussions on this site are concerned.
Gourde does not get you Tatar. Add a 1st and then maybe...

Reactions: Goal Caufield

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Gourde does not get you Tatar. Add a 1st and then maybe...

Nope, not gonna happen. Like I said, a Habs fan originally suggested something around those two, but you guys value Tatar far more than anyone else does so I don’t think there’s any common ground for discussion here.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I assumed by your ludicrous demand that you meant post-July 1st with an extension. It’s even more absurd that you think Tatar has that sort of value with one more year left on his deal. Like I said, your evaluations of your players are insane and there’s no rational discussion to be had with you. In any event it’s a moot point, as there’s no way Gourde would waive to go from the hottest team in the NHL to a team with little chance of even glimpsing the playoffs in the foreseeable future.
I'm with Qwijibo on this one bud.
You're clearly the ludicrous one and also dreaming in prismacolor I might add.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Domi would be great, but Gourde looks pretty light for him and it creates probably more questions than it answers.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Heard from M. McGuire on the Habs radio broadcast. There were 3 major scouts from Tampa at the game against the Bruins last night. Bolts need a center and signed Gourde to a 5 mil. a year contract just a couple of years back. Gourde hasn't been producing this year. Doubt the Habs wanna sign Domi for what I think he'd want. Domi's got better stats and, to me, is the better player. What would the Bolts add?
Probably Thompson. Doubt it is Domi. Can't see Habs having any interest in Gourde. Unless Tampa is giving us something for a cap dump. But I doubt it

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Heard from M. McGuire on the Habs radio broadcast. There were 3 major scouts from Tampa at the game against the Bruins last night. Bolts need a center and signed Gourde to a 5 mil. a year contract just a couple of years back. Gourde hasn't been producing this year. Doubt the Habs wanna sign Domi for what I think he'd want. Domi's got better stats and, to me, is the better player. What would the Bolts add?
How does Domi for Gourde make any sense? Gourde makes $5.1 million and Domi will get at least $6 million per for 5 years or so. Tampa can't afford a guy who's going to make more then Gourde long term. This deal makes absolutely no sense.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I love how Tatar is having his best season ever so he's worth the moon while Gourde is having his worst so he has negative value. Tatar for his career is a 0.60ppg player, Gourde is a 0.59. Tatar the slightly better goal scorer at 0.29gpg to Gourde at 0.25gpg. Gourde isn't even a small winger when compared to Tatar, Gourde is listed 5'9 173 while Tatar 5'10 183. They are practically the same player with Tatar the better goal scorer and PP player while Gourde better on the PK. Put Gourde on a team that he can get more ice time and PP time he will produce like he has in the past. Put Tatar on a team where he isn't the main offensive threat like he was in the past and the points drop. Tatar is benefiting from his situation while Gourde is being hurt by his. But they are both small skilled wingers who are a year apart and very similar production wise, the difference between them is negligible not 1st +.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Don’t see how Domi makes sense for the Bolts. I think this is just kicking tires, but for something less than Foote or a 1st

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Habs dont do this deal they arent hurting for cap space either and with Weber we aren't sure if hes out short term or long term. If its long term we would be targeting a defencemen not a forward.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Lets be honest here when you were typing that last paragraph out how did you think it was going to end up? Gourde for Tatar? and what are you going to add onto that? at this moment Gourde is playing on your third line regardless if hes being pushed down or not and second why on earth would you think he would be worth Tatar who is playing lights out? you admitted you didn't want to add Foote to the trade so the discussion ends right there.

Also I don't see the Habs trading one of their most valuable pieces for another smallish center that they would have to protect in the next expansion draft. If you haven't noticed most of the habs players contracts are done right as the expansion is happening.

So lets sum this up Tatar is worth way more then Gourde and I don't care how many excuses are being used to back up how a smallish center with 22 points at 5m with a NMC gets you a player that is on pace for 70ish points and the contract ends after next season. That would give you guys more cap once tatar is off the books to either resign him or let him go and frees you of gourde for free without giving up a damn thing in terms of prospects or picks. So at least give us some lube before you **** us in the ass jesus lol.

You think you are going to get Foote+Gourde for Tatar?

giphy.gif

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Gourde is signed till 2025. Tatar is only signed till 2021. We will not be able to re-sign Tatar for the same money. It means we will lose a good roster player for 4 years in this trade. Paying for that loss does not make much sense. Especially paying with a 1st or good prospect. That would mean loosing two players. It looks like "all in" option for Tampa for a questionable upgrade. If I am Tampa GM I would not do it.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I love how Tatar is having his best season ever so he's worth the moon while Gourde is having his worst so he has negative value. Tatar for his career is a 0.60ppg player, Gourde is a 0.59. Tatar the slightly better goal scorer at 0.29gpg to Gourde at 0.25gpg. Gourde isn't even a small winger when compared to Tatar, Gourde is listed 5'9 173 while Tatar 5'10 183. They are practically the same player with Tatar the better goal scorer and PP player while Gourde better on the PK. Put Gourde on a team that he can get more ice time and PP time he will produce like he has in the past. Put Tatar on a team where he isn't the main offensive threat like he was in the past and the points drop. Tatar is benefiting from his situation while Gourde is being hurt by his. But they are both small skilled wingers who are a year apart and very similar production wise, the difference between them is negligible not 1st +.
Hockey is a “what have you done lately” sport. Tatar has had 6 consecutive 20 goal seasons and has been trending up for the past few seasons. Gourde has one outlier season but hasn’t shown the same consistency and has been trending down for the past 2 seasons. I don’t know what the actual difference in value is trade wise. But at this point Tatar definitely holds more value.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think we are looking at Kovalchuck. I dont think Tatar or Domi make sense for the Lightning.​

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
domi is very good but so is gourde i wouldnt add too much to gourde to get domi especially with his upcoming RFA and hes likely gonna be paid 7+m per year making it hard to afford cirelli and sergachev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->