Proposal: Tavares for Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It would need to be Burns for Tavares or Karlsson for Matthews.

From a purely needs perspective, yes, both teams would benefit.

Considering what Karlsson was just traded for, what makes you think Karlsson would fetch Matthews or anything close to that kind of player? The Sens couldn't even get Timo Meier.

You have to clarify if you mean actual NHL trade value or EA sports trade value though.

Good grief.

I would hope that the nation would understand that the Karlsson return reflected:
  1. Contract duration i.e., UFA after end of season; and,
  2. The consequences of Melynk's bonehead moves.
I'd have to guess that because Melnyk announced he needed to cut payroll just before the winter classic last year that it acted as a catalyst to put GMs on the high alert. It was like spilling some blood in the ocean to create a shark feeding frenzy (pun intended).

Otherwise, I'd have to say" Beam me up Scotty. No signs of intelligent like on this planet". (not aimed at anyone -> general comment). LOL.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm glad you like him so much. Having watched him, I can say that he is good but I wouldn't put him above Doughty's salary.

I think Karlsson is a lot better than Doughty and I always have, but I also feel franchise players are generally hideously underpaid. So even if I thought Doughty was better than Karlsson, I would still be fine with paying Karlsson more than Doughty.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I think Karlsson is a lot better than Doughty and I always have, but I also feel franchise players are generally hideously underpaid. So even if I thought Doughty was better than Karlsson, I would still be fine with paying Karlsson more than Doughty.
I will admit I am a bit biased against Karlsson because the leafs definitely had his number for the last 2 years

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I will admit I am a bit biased against Karlsson because the leafs definitely had his number for the last 2 years

Over the past two seasons, in 8 games against Toronto, Karlsson has 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points, and a +3 rating.

What’s next? Did Toronto also have Pastrnak’s number in the 2018 playoffs? What a joke.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Over the past two seasons, in 8 games against Toronto, Karlsson has 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points, and a +3 rating.

What’s next? Did Toronto also have Pastrnak’s number in the 2018 playoffs? What a joke.

Right back at you. Look at how many times Karlsson was in the play.
What a joke

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Right back at you. Look at how many times Karlsson was in the play.
What a joke

Check this out. In this one game, Pastrnak was held pointless by Toronto.

By this exact same logic, Toronto owned Pastrnak; right? Cause he looked bad in one game?

Seriously, what stupid logic. Just terrible. You seriously mean to tell me that you’re biased against a player because in 8 games against your team, he scored 11 points and was a +3? How can you even convince yourself of a conclusion so absurd?

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Check this out. In this one game, Pastrnak was held pointless by Toronto.

By this exact same logic, Toronto owned Pastrnak; right? Cause he looked bad in one game?

Seriously, what stupid logic. Just terrible. You seriously mean to tell me that you’re biased against a player because in 8 games against your team, he scored 11 points and was a +3? How can you even convince yourself of a conclusion so absurd?

Matthews scored 4 goals in his NHL debut against the Sens. Say what you will about Karlsson but defense is crap against the leafs

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Matthews scored 4 goals in his NHL debut against the Sens. Say what you will about Karlsson but defense is crap against the leafs

Karlsson was on the ice for 4 goals for and 1 goal against in that game and he scored 3 points; all of which came at even strength. This is your evidence that the Maple Leafs own Karlsson. Literally, this is the evidence that you to choose to cite. I couldn’t make this up if I tried.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Karlsson was on the ice for 4 goals for and 1 goal against in that game and he scored 3 points; all of which came at even strength. This is your evidence that the Maple Leafs own Karlsson. Literally, this is the evidence that you to choose to cite. I couldn’t make this up if I tried.
Exactly how many Karlsson games have you seen? I've watched an awful lot of them. Pretty sure you are talking out of your ass because you have seen zero games between the leafs and the sens

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Exactly how many Karlsson games have you seen? I've watched an awful lot of them. Pretty sure you are talking out of your ass because you have seen zero games between the leafs and the sens

You’re the one talking out your ass, what you are doing right now is quite literally the definition of that. I pulled up facts to show that Karlsson scores at a 20 goal, 110 point, +30 pace against the Maple Leafs over the past two years where you claim they owned him. Your only retort is to tell me that I don’t watch him which is based on literally nothing except a guess. You’re done with this.

Reactions: NyQuil

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
You’re the one talking out your ass, what you are doing right now is quite literally the definition of that. I pulled up facts to show that Karlsson scores at a 20 goal, 110 point, +30 pace against the Maple Leafs over the past two years where you claim they owned him. Your only retort is to tell me that I don’t watch him which is based on literally nothing except a guess. You’re done with this.
It is done because it is highly improbable that the games are televised in California

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Matthews coughed up the winning goal in OT by Turris in that game which Karlsson set up.

I guess I should start talking about how Matthews' defense is crap against the Sens.
You could but it wasn't my point.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
I watch every game, as do the people who track the numbers. Maybe what you're seeing isn't lining up with what's actually happening
Please. Marner made him look foolish in the video I posted. Just horrible. Karlsson is an elite goalscorer who is a defenseman. Defensively he is a bit porous against quick forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad