TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Wait. Did I miss something, why the hell did ___ go home tonight?

There was pretty obvious 5-3 split in the tribe, but Adam made the mistake of outing the plan of Parv to the other 2 members of the minority group. That got back to the other 4 in the majority group and they were rightfully pissed that Adam was clearly trying to play both sides. The four of them got together and made a statement vote. Basically, they told Adam "We're with you, but you're not running this show."

Adam was definitely blind sided by the vote and he is lucky he didn't go home. I think the four still wanted to weaken Boston Rob in some way, but did want to send the message to Adam to slow down.

Moving forward will be interesting to see if Adam takes the message well or immediately tells Rob everything.

Also, how the hell are they not just voting Rob out? They wanted to "weaken him", but leave him in the game. Unless they are thinking "no one would possibly vote to bring him to the end", which is a great strategy until he is sitting there at 6 and then 5 and then 4 while everyone is waiting for someone else to make the move.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
There was pretty obvious 5-3 split in the tribe, but Adam made the mistake of outing the plan of Parv to the other 2 members of the minority group. That got back to the other 4 in the majority group and they were rightfully pissed that Adam was clearly trying to play both sides. The four of them got together and made a statement vote. Basically, they told Adam "We're with you, but you're not running this show."

Adam was definitely blind sided by the vote and he is lucky he didn't go home. I think the four still wanted to weaken Boston Rob in some way, but did want to send the message to Adam to slow down.

Moving forward will be interesting to see if Adam takes the message well or immediately tells Rob everything.

Also, how the hell are they not just voting Rob out? They wanted to "weaken him", but leave him in the game. Unless they are thinking "no one would possibly vote to bring him to the end", which is a great strategy until he is sitting there at 6 and then 5 and then 4 while everyone is waiting for someone else to make the move.

he’s The Godfather

h2

Mar 26, 2002

Perhaps the thinking is if Rob is in the game then I'm not the main target? Using the big threats as a shield of sorts.

We'll see if it's the right decision.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Perhaps the thinking is if Rob is in the game then I'm not the main target? Using the big threats as a shield of sorts.

Yeah, there's definitely a plan in place to keep the big targets in at the moment. If you look at all the people who went home there threat level wasn't really that high compared to the rest. I think the main reason they decided on Ethan vs. Rob or Parv was that they though it wouldn't rock the boat as much. It seemed to be Michele and Jeremy leading that charge.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Super satisfying vote. Sad to see Ethan go as he was entertaining and interesting. But the look on both Rob and Adam’s faces were great. They both thought they were running that tribal.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Sucks that Ethan is gone for now, he was playing fairly well but he was a collateral casualty. Old school players are getting voted out left and right, which sucks as it's been so long we last saw some of these players and they are getting voted off. I don't particularly care for most of the recent winners so while the vote was great in terms of strategy, I really wanted Adam gone.

Natalie has been dominating the extinction island and I doubt any of the old schoolers are getting back in the game again. I would have thought that having Amber there could benefit Rob as she could find and sell advantages to him but she just sucks. Also, it seems like there might be evacuation next episode for one of the extinction people, so it sucks even more if one of the old players has to quit the game.

Bittersweet episode and for next episode it seems like Yul's alliance could be in trouble. Tony with the shark was fun and Sarah sneaking around in Sele's camp was stressful to watch.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Why would they show her eating peanut butter? They have only 42 minutes to fill of filming, why would they waste 30 seconds or so on that when it adds nothing to the game?

Yul said he comforted Kim before their first tribal council to start a relationship to work with her. It wasn't shown in the episode, I guess hes just playing about that too right?

There is still going to be a challenge to re-enter the game. On EoE there is even an option to buy an advantage for the re-entry challenge. But based on season 38, those advantages do not do much.

The first one they would show because they would need to account for her spending a fire token.

Yul comforting Kim is standard fair, likely has 0 impact on any results.

There's always going to be stuff that happened that they won't show, but something like finding an idol, getting or spending tokens will always be shown. People know that Nat has know sold three items from Edge of Extinction, if she suddenly only has 2 tokens people will wonder were it went.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I think everyone is keeping Rob around because they want to be the one who eliminates him after the jury has formed. It would represent a significant accomplishment on their resume for the jury.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I think everyone is keeping Rob around because they want to be the one who eliminates him after the jury has formed. It would represent a significant accomplishment on their resume for the jury.

Isn't everyone on the jury? I'm pretty sure on Edge of Extinction everyone that stayed on EoE island through the "last chance" comp was a jury member. I also though this was one of the extra incentives to get the winners to come back on the show. $2 mil for the winner, an automatic 2nd chance for people voted out early, and everyone on the jury as long as they don't leave the show on their own/medical evacuation.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Isn't everyone on the jury? I'm pretty sure on Edge of Extinction everyone that stayed on EoE island through the "last chance" comp was a jury member. I also though this was one of the extra incentives to get the winners to come back on the show. $2 mil for the winner, an automatic 2nd chance for people voted out early, and everyone on the jury as long as they don't leave the show on their own/medical evacuation.
I didn't realize that everyone is on the jury.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I would've voted out Rob first, but if that didn't come to be than it would be okay to have him around as a shield. That being said, the longer he sticks around the better for Rob. He even said it himself in one of those interviews that he's stunned they weren't going after him.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
How can Sandra sit out another challenge?
What I read was that, it resets on tribal councils and because the challenges are both reward and immunity, it keeps resetting.

Total horse shit.

She needs to go and NOW

Reactions: SPV

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
After Episode 3, my power rankings (excluding those on EOE)

1) Michele
2) Jeremy
3) Sarah
4) Tony
5) Sophie
6) Denise
7) Yul
8) Ben
9) Wendell
10) Kim
11) Nick
12) Boston Rob
13) Sandra
14) Parvati
15) Tyson
16) Adam

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast

Yes, that is the strategy that Jeremy won with. I'm sure he is a big proponent of keeping B Rob around

I didn't realize that everyone is on the jury.
They are not. There was 2 play ins the first time IIRC. You have to make it to the second EOE play in to become a jury member.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, that is the strategy that Jeremy won with. I'm sure he is a big proponent of keeping B Rob around

They are not. There was 2 play ins the first time IIRC. You have to make it to the second EOE play in to become a jury member.

To make it to the 2nd one all you have to do is not quit though. It's not like a loss in the first comp sends you home. You go back to edge. I doubt anyone quits this season unless they have to be medically pulled

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
To make it to the 2nd one all you have to do is not quit though. It's not like a loss in the first comp sends you home. You go back to edge. I doubt anyone quits this season unless they have to be medically pulled
Yeah i guess that's true, i forgot 2 people quit. I mean it's possible they go back to the old school redemtion island format where the first play in is a win or go home, but you're probably right.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
If I have to put my money on someone, I think Michele is at least going far and a good shot at winning if she gets to the end

She has an interesting storyline going on and I can definitely see her going into the merge but will she end up playing too hard and get voted out because of it? Tough to say.

It's difficult to predict a winner at this point based on the edit. There are a lot of interesting storylines going on like with Michele trying to prove that she was a worthy winner, Tony-Sarah alliance and the way Tony is changing his game, Tyson being on the bottom and crying, Yul being a mastermind again, Rob-Parvati alliance and them dealing with big targets on their back, Sandra dealing with the target on her back, Natalie dominating the extinction, Ethan talking about fighting cancer while watching Survivor in hospital and wanting to come back and play, Adam-Denise alliance, Ben being all over the place. There's a lot going on and I can't wait to see how it will play out.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
She has an interesting storyline going on and I can definitely see her going into the merge but will she end up playing too hard and get voted out because of it? Tough to say.

It's difficult to predict a winner at this point based on the edit. There are a lot of interesting storylines going on like with Michele trying to prove that she was a worthy winner, Tony-Sarah alliance and the way Tony is changing his game, Tyson being on the bottom and crying, Yul being a mastermind again, Rob-Parvati alliance and them dealing with big targets on their back, Sandra dealing with the target on her back, Natalie dominating the extinction, Ethan talking about fighting cancer while watching Survivor in hospital and wanting to come back and play, Adam-Denise alliance, Ben being all over the place. There's a lot going on and I can't wait to see how it will play out.

The key for Michele is to not feel like she has to be a mastermind on every vote and also don't peak too early. Moves you make premerge are almost irrelevant when juries decide a winner (even in a season like this). In Koah Rong, she did a great job at making relationships and making subtle impactful moves yet create a perception that she's not that threatening until it was too late. She has to adopt a similar strategy to that. There are so many big threats this season that as long as she doesn't pull a Danni, she can get by for a bit.

Yes, there are so many great storylines this season. This has potential to be the GOAT survivor season.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Bullet points:
- It was pretty nice of the girls to accompany Ethan on his last trip. Glad he wasn't medivacced.
- What a comeback in the challenge.
- Tyson was pretty solid in figuring out the first-timers alliance while Sandra was completely oblivious. What a useless player she is.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00