TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I love this show. I grew up watching the first few seasons; however, I stopped watching it until 2011. Thanks to CBS access, I have been able to watch every episode. It will be unfortunate news when it has been decided for the show to end.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
My opinion differs greatly from everyone in here. I'll state it and not bother you again.

I don't want to see the same old people. It's become like a regular TV series with a set cast. The same people, over and over and over. Give me new people I've never seen before.

And if the plethora of immunity idols in recent seasons wasn't enough, how can you call it Survivor anymore when you can buy pizza and pastries? f***ing pastries? You have got to be shitting me.

So yeah. Too many of the same people and too gimicky. Bring in new contestants and bring back the bug eating.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
NOW I remember why I hate Sandra so much.

She tricked me last season in making me think she was a decent person. Literally can't stand her, get her the f*** off ASAP.

Not sure i like that someone on exile can send over an idol, i'm sure it wont be like that every time but that was ridiculous. And of course Sandra gets it?

Just an AMAZING cast though, a real treat for the true Survivor fans over the last 20 years.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
My opinion differs greatly from everyone in here. I'll state it and not bother you again.

I don't want to see the same old people. It's become like a regular TV series with a set cast. The same people, over and over and over. Give me new people I've never seen before.

And if the plethora of immunity idols in recent seasons wasn't enough, how can you call it Survivor anymore when you can buy pizza and pastries? ****ing pastries? You have got to be ****ting me.

So yeah. Too many of the same people and too gimicky. Bring in new contestants and bring back the bug eating.

Literally like 98% of the cast over the last 10 seasons have been new contestants?

Reactions: MasterMatt25

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

She tricked me last season in making me think she was a decent person. Literally can't stand her, get her the **** off ASAP..

I didn't like her UNTIL last night, I loved her. I'd be pissed too if Rob told me for 35 days he would never play again and his wife would never play and then they both show up? Good for her, I want to see them face off.

....OR....they planned this when they were on the island together.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't like her UNTIL last night, I loved her. I'd be pissed too if Rob told me for 35 days he would never play again and his wife would never play and then they both show up? Good for her, I want to see them face off.

....OR....they planned this when they were on the island together.

Seems like he played her pretty well...

I didnt understand why she was so mad over that, like who really cares? Is that going to effect her game in any way shape or form? No. She got so triggered over that it was laughable.

Might end up helping Rob since she voted Amber out maybe she will get Rob immunity if she finds it first at exile.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

I didnt understand why she was so mad over that, like who really cares? Is that going to effect her game in any way shape or form? No. She got so triggered over that it was laughable.

Might end up helping Rob since she voted Amber out maybe she will get Rob immunity if she finds it first at exile.

Probably mad because it was two less people she got to note game with. I think there is a lot of pre game alliances made.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Rob didn't play Sandra, Sandra read him like a book the second she saw amber out there. In all the pregame press, she kept mentioning how she would love to play with Rob but after she saw amber out there she knew she couldn't trust him (they actually worked together in hvv, and then spent 36 days on the island together 2 weeks before filming this season).

And Sandra was completely right in that assessment. Before the game started every player said who they would vote out first. And with no surprise, Rob said Sandra.

Also, before they left the island on IoI, Jeff asked both of them if they were ever willing to play again. Sandra immediately said yes, while Rob said not a chance. But then ~3 weeks later she sees not only that he is out there, but so is his wife.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Rob and Sandra controlling their tribes already. Rob should have never double crossed the Queen.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Didnt understand why she was so mad over that, like who really cares? Is that going to effect her game in any way shape or form? No. She got so triggered over that it was laughable.

Maybe because he said he wasn't playing and she said she was. So maybe she talked strategy. Also, if you are on an island with somebody for 30+ days for basically fun and they hold that information from you. How could you trust them in the game?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Maybe because he said he wasn't playing and she said she was. So maybe she talked strategy. Also, if you are on an island with somebody for 30+ days for basically fun and they hold that information from you. How could you trust them in the game?

I never thought if it from than angle that she could have told him some info thinking he wasn’t playing.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Sandra f***ed up sending Amber to exile. She has to know the idol came from exile, and she also knows fire tokens give advantages. By voting out Amber she strengthened Rob's position with fire tokens and a potential Ally that can now send him shit from exile.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
  • It's fun watching certain legends return to the game. It doesn't take long to understand why players like Rob, Parvati, and Sandra are the GOATs.
  • It's great to see strong winners in Kim, Yul, and Dani have a second chance at the game.
  • I understand that a twist like Edge of Extinction was likely required to get buy-in from 20 winners. That being said, fire tokens may be a bridge too far in terms of warping the game away from it's roots.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I understand that a twist like Edge of Extinction was likely required to get buy-in from 20 winners. That being said, fire tokens may be a bridge too far in terms of warping the game away from it's roots.

I think it's pretty cool. Barter system could be part of the evolution of the game. Especially in a season of all winners. You rather see the players decide the outcome of the game. Then randomly finding an idol. A lot of people are skeptical of that and production helping players like Ben. Say you have a fire token. You could save up for an idol or use it for food for energy before a big immunity challenge to try to win. I think it could be pretty cool if done correctly.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I hope they don't keep too many of these twists going forward. This year, keeping everyone on screen as much as possible is beneficial for the show & viewers. If they lost Rob, or Sandra, or Parvati in the 1st episode, that's a loss for everyone.

I will say that edge of extinction worked last year too. We were treated to more of Reem than we normally would have been; and as annoying as she was, it was entertainment. And really that's what I'm watching for

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Yeah, I think voting off Amber was a little shortsighted knowing that she will now be strengthening Rob's game from exile. Great start so far, nice to see a strong cast.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah, I think voting off Amber was a little shortsighted knowing that she will now be strengthening Rob's game from exile. Great start so far, nice to see a strong cast.
They don't know that though. Sandra is the only one who could have a slight inclination of it but that's it. And even though it could be a possibility, she wouldn't know for sure. And if she were to inform people that she thinks the people on eoe can help others, they're just going to question why she thinks this and she would have no way of proving to them that it's true without showing them her idol. Which again, would be a dumb move.

This a common misconception. People forget that the people on the beach don't know everything that we do.

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
And Yul has become my pick to win.

I would like to see him win but now he's already leading an alliance and in a season like this, you don't want to stand out or you will be gone, so now I'm actually super worried about him.

It was really great to see Ethan play well, he seemed to be very updated things and he's still fit enough to play. Also, did you see how fit some of those ladies were? Denise's biceps are bigger than before, Sarah and Natalie look like tanks, Danni is in super good shape. And then you see Boston Rob with a beer belly. Speaking of Rob, him joining with Parvati is absolutely great, lets see how far they go.

Extinction island is a good thing for this type of season as you don't lose your favourite players yet and you can get more content out of them. Would have been a shame to not see voted out players ever again. Sure, it lessens the impact of a tribal as there's a chance for a comeback but you can't have it all. I don't know what I feel about fire tokens yet. I like that they have to make decisions if they want stuff that help them to survive in nature or in the game but I hope they don't have too many idols floating around.

Gamewise there were a few predictions before the season started on how the game would be played and on what basis people would get voted out. Two of them were that either people who are connected would be targeted for being dangerous with their connections or people without connections would be targeted by those connected people. Natalie and Amber were voted off because of the former reason. It is similar to blood vs water -seasons where players with loved ones got targeted but once their loved one was out, they werenot a target any more. So it will be interesting to see, how this will develop from now on. There are still a lot of connected players but I doubt that they will continue playing like this as alliences will start to merge and maybe they don't want to give those unconnected players a clear path to the end.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I would like to see him win but now he's already leading an alliance and in a season like this, you don't want to stand out or you will be gone, so now I'm actually super worried about him.

It was really great to see Ethan play well, he seemed to be very updated things and he's still fit enough to play. Also, did you see how fit some of those ladies were? Denise's biceps are bigger than before, Sarah and Natalie look like tanks, Danni is in super good shape. And then you see Boston Rob with a beer belly. Speaking of Rob, him joining with Parvati is absolutely great, lets see how far they go.

Extinction island is a good thing for this type of season as you don't lose your favourite players yet and you can get more content out of them. Would have been a shame to not see voted out players ever again. Sure, it lessens the impact of a tribal as there's a chance for a comeback but you can't have it all. I don't know what I feel about fire tokens yet. I like that they have to make decisions if they want stuff that help them to survive in nature or in the game but I hope they don't have too many idols floating around.

Gamewise there were a few predictions before the season started on how the game would be played and on what basis people would get voted out. Two of them were that either people who are connected would be targeted for being dangerous with their connections or people without connections would be targeted by those connected people. Natalie and Amber were voted off because of the former reason. It is similar to blood vs water -seasons where players with loved ones got targeted but once their loved one was out, they werenot a target any more. So it will be interesting to see, how this will develop from now on. There are still a lot of connected players but I doubt that they will continue playing like this as alliences will start to merge and maybe they don't want to give those unconnected players a clear path to the end.

Agreed, I wasn't much a fan of Extinction island but like you said, for a chance to keep seeing your fav players after they got voted out is definitely a nice addition.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
They don't know that though. Sandra is the only one who could have a slight inclination of it but that's it. And even though it could be a possibility, she wouldn't know for sure. And if she were to inform people that she thinks the people on eoe can help others, they're just going to question why she thinks this and she would have no way of proving to them that it's true without showing them her idol. Which again, would be a dumb move.

This a common misconception. People forget that the people on the beach don't know everything that we do...

Valid points. At the very least, it should be common knowledge that Rob was given Amber’s token as that ability was explained to the players. Whether that was weighed heavily is unknown.

I’ve also never been a fan of voting out the biggest threats at the start of a game. Threats can also be shields for yourself.

I’m happy Natalie was voted off first as her season was the season I started watching again (last before that was all-stars) and I always thought she was the weakest winner since.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal

And if the plethora of immunity idols in recent seasons wasn't enough, how can you call it Survivor anymore when you can buy pizza and pastries? ****ing pastries? You have got to be ****ting me.

They offer more food because a couple contestants almost died due to dehydration and lack of nutrition in the past.

She tricked me last season in making me think she was a decent person. Literally can't stand her, get her the **** off ASAP.

Not sure i like that someone on exile can send over an idol, i'm sure it wont be like that every time but that was ridiculous. And of course Sandra gets it?

Just an AMAZING cast though, a real treat for the true Survivor fans over the last 20 years.
1. She's just playing a character for the show
2. Everyone who's met Sandra outside the game said she's the nicest person ever. Super down to earth
3. Natalie and Sandra are friendly outside the game so it wasn't a surprise she gave it to her

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They offer more food because a couple contestants almost died due to dehydration and lack of nutrition in the past.

1. She's just playing a character for the show
2. Everyone who's met Sandra outside the game said she's the nicest person ever. Super down to earth
3. Natalie and Sandra are friendly outside the game so it wasn't a surprise she gave it to her
So Rob is playing the game too and she gets all butt hurt her didnt tell her he was playing but yet she gets to be nasty and lie all game but that’s cool in her book. Lol. The sooner she is out the more enjoyable the season will be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad