TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Premiere is still a week away (February 12), but since this a highly anticipated season, we may as well get some pre-season discussion going.

Even though I hate that Edge of Extinction is returning, I'm so excited to see this great cast go head-to-head.

iw8ad726m4b41.png

There's also a special retrospective episode airing tonight.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Can't wait. Should be a fun season watching all the old familiar faces. Not really cheering for anyone; just looking forward to being entertained

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Interested to see if age plays any real role. It's technically the oldest cast ever, but the breakdown is pretty condensed:

Under 30: Adam (28), Nick (28), Sophie (29), Michele (29)
30-34: Natalie (33), Sarah (34)
35-39: Wendell (35), Parvati (36), Kim (36), Ben (36), Tyson (39)
40-44: Amber (40), Jeremy (41), Rob (43), Danni (43), Sandra (44), Yul (44)
45+: Ethan (45), Tony (45), Denise (48)

There's definitely a "young group", but they're all over 28. There's no college age kids or anything.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
This is what we have all been waiting for. Almost perfect cast, hopefully old school -players go far. Super excited to see Yul, Ethan and Danni back in action, also will be interesting to see how players like Tony, Kim, Natalie and Jeremy play, and how big threats like Sandra, Parvati and Rob will handle the big targets on their back. I am fine with anyone winning as long as they play a great game.

I am a bit afraid of the fire token thingy. I have a nightmare scenario in my head where Jeff sits in a little bamboo hut on the beach and players lineup to buy idols, vote stealers and legacy advantages.

Still will be the biggest season thus far and possibly ever in Survivor. How can they even continue after this one?

Reactions: SPV

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Gonna go with Tyson for the win. He has connections everywhere, he's threatening enough that people will want to keep him around as a shield, but not so threatening that they will get him out right away, and his pregame shenanigans show what kind of level he is on gameplay wise. I think he also could be the one to come back from EoE if voted out, but I don't think this cast will reward the player to come back like the season 38 cast did.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Jeff said that this season will be epic and be better than Heroes vs Villains. He said that every single person brought it. I cannot wait for it to start.

My winner pick is Sophie just because.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
It's a shame that Mike Holloway, Earl Cole or John Cochrane weren't brought back. Probably three of the best winners ever, Mike with all his immunities, John for his overall intelligence and likability and Earl for being the first unanimous winner. Despite that, I am super excited for the season.

My prediction to win is Yul or Jeremy

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's a shame that Mike Holloway, Earl Cole or John Cochrane weren't brought back. Probably three of the best winners ever, Mike with all his immunities, John for his overall intelligence and likability and Earl for being the first unanimous winner. Despite that, I am super excited for the season.

Earl would have been great. IIRC he was a last minute edition to the cast that year. Just kind of swooped in and dominated, never to be seen again.

I think Jeff said that Cochrane was the big one that they really wanted this year that would have been guaranteed a spot if he wanted to play.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Earl would have been great. IIRC he was a last minute edition to the cast that year. Just kind of swooped in and dominated, never to be seen again.

I think Jeff said that Cochrane was the big one that they really wanted this year that would have been guaranteed a spot if he wanted to play.
Yeah Cochrane declined to play. In an interview he said all the stars aligned for him to win his second time playing and was quite lucky. Wants to finish his Survivor career on a high note. Said he didn't think he would enjoy playing again.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
So, are we raising our expectations too high for this season and going to end up disappointed or will it be so good we won't care to watch another season ever again?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
WHY did Natalie give Sandra that idol?? Did I miss something?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Pretty good start. Everyone has come to play. Not sure how I feel about the fire tokens yet. I’m old school, and wish they would play old school. New twist would be no twists

Thought it was funny when Parvati and Rob were talking about feeling safe when they should be among the first

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Feel that Amber being well insulated with Tyson and Kim worked against her whereas Rob being on his own worked to his favour.

Amber couldnt adjust to the pace of the game whereas Rob could and that is more of his game anyways.

I was really impressed with Sarah and Ethan.

Reactions: SPV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad