TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I dont think Jeremy traded his token for the advantage that Natalie sent, right? I believe it was only active for the next tribal so Jeremy probably felt safe enough and kept his token.

At one point during a confessional they had "Safety with No Power" as a caption next to his name. They add that sometimes to help keep track of who has advantages. He definitely took the deal, but I don't remember them saying if there was a "time limit" on when he could use it.

Reactions: Viggo Mortensen

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Okay I commented in here last week that I don't like the direction Survivor has taken — using the same players over and over, plus gimmicky crap like immunity idols that reproduce like lemmings. Or these Survivor "advantages" that are being given to what seems like almost everyone. Or these ridiculous half-immunity idols, all this crap and all this gimmicky bull-shit. Whatever purity the game once had has been diluted a little bit every season over the past 20 years. I've felt that in recent years it's become a parody of itself, and a parody particularly of the name Survivor, itself.

But I gave it another try today and watched episode two and I have to admit, the Rob/Sandra storyline could be epic. When Rob said early in the episode, "This could be war," or whatever it was he said, I knew I had to keep watching. And the irony is not lost on me that it was one of those gimmicks I complained about above, a fire token, which was given to Rob that is responsible for my renewed interest in this season.

So yeah, I'm back onboard. It could be fantastic. I would love to see Rob give the self-described "Queen" the metaphorical beat-down of a lifetime.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Danni was pure potential coming in, but holy hell was she a mess.

I never watched Ben's season but I actually think there's kind of a chaotic charm to him. He definitely has that wild card vibe to him, but he's very much so the "aw shucks" type where you kind of find him endearing.

I do really like how Ethan has come into this game, he seems very self aware and easy going. He's just been put in a tough spot.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So it looks like Natalie will get back in the game. I'm thinking whoever has the most fire tokens at the edge will get back in instead of a challenge. Which is cool imo. So all these players dangled idols for two votes could be wasting their fire tokens. It could be smarter to keep them.
Nat said on twitter she bought peanut butter with her one fire token from Sandra. They will have challenges again to get back into the game.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Probably not going to make it too much further, but after three votes I can't believe all of Rob, Parvati, Sandra, and Tony are still in the game. I would have figured all of them to be very early exits

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Really enjoyable season so far. Rob is an incredible player. Him getting everyone to dump out their packs without question is just a great piece of manipulation, and Ben laughing at himself for telling Rob everything in the first episode is probably a Top 10 moment in the show's history. Just a wonderful bit of self-awareness on Ben's part.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Really enjoyable season so far. Rob is an incredible player. Him getting everyone to dump out their packs without question is just a great piece of manipulation, and Ben laughing at himself for telling Rob everything in the first episode is probably a Top 10 moment in the show's history. Just a wonderful bit of self-awareness on Ben's part.
There's just something about the way he talks that is so intimidating lmao. Like it's not mean or anything but he has such a commanding presence. It reminds me a lot of like a father/son dynamic with him vs. other people on the show.

Mar 1, 2002
There's just something about the way he talks that is so intimidating lmao. Like it's not mean or anything but he has such a commanding presence. It reminds me a lot of like a father/son dynamic with him vs. other people on the show.

I HATE how he talks. He talks like he's reading a script. I can't stand listening to him talk. It's like a bad 1980's voice over of a school film.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
IF she bought peanut butter we would've seen it. She's just playing
Why would they show her eating peanut butter? They have only 42 minutes to fill of filming, why would they waste 30 seconds or so on that when it adds nothing to the game?

Yul said he comforted Kim before their first tribal council to start a relationship to work with her. It wasn't shown in the episode, I guess hes just playing about that too right?

There is still going to be a challenge to re-enter the game. On EoE there is even an option to buy an advantage for the re-entry challenge. But based on season 38, those advantages do not do much.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They were right to team up against Jeremy/Natalie. That bond is legit. Weird that in a season with a wife + husband, this may actually be the most beneficial bond out there.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If I was ever on Survivor and Rob was on the same tribe as me, I'd make it a priority to get him out... who does he think he is walking around like he owns that island? lol

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
If I was ever on Survivor and Rob was on the same tribe as me, I'd make it a priority to get him out... who does he think he is walking around like he owns that island? lol
I want Rob to win, but you're right, they should want him out because he's a huge threat.

Reactions: SPV

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Michelle is proving herself to be a very good tactician. Glad she's making moves with this cast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->