TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I loved it when Parvati called out Sandra for sitting out every challenge. I thought they were supposed to not have the same person in consecutive challenges. Also thought when Nick said what a big crush he had on Parvati, that he better not end up on the same tribe as her, she’ll twist him in knots

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Back in the day players cared about performing in challenges. Nowadays, not so much. Like failing in a challenge often got you voted out in the early seasons but now no one remembers the challenge after. Obviously in a season like this it's going to be more tactical than that. It is annoying to watch Sandra sit out challenge after challenge but she just isn't that good in them so it is also a good move for her tribe.

Speaking of challenges, pretty brutal one on extinction island. That climb to the top was quite hard and having to do it for 20 times while being malnourished and dehydrated is rough. I'm happy that Ethan wasn't evacuated, he is just so much fun. Natalie continues her domination.

Surprised to see almost a unanimous vote again, people really wanted Tyson gone. The fact that Nick voted for Kim tells that there was more gameplay going on that we didn't see. Tyson should do well on extinction, he is still in good shape and he can figure out clues. Surprised that he gave his token to Nick. I don't necessarily think that voting out Tyson is a bad move by Sandra. Sandra doesn't trust Tyson and he did talk about voting out Tony and Sandra before so that was problematic. She is again crawling towards the merge and she could go far if she makes it.

It sucks to see another older school player get voted out as the new schooler are going to be dominating the season soon. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Back in the day players cared about performing in challenges. Nowadays, not so much. Like failing in a challenge often got you voted out in the early seasons but now no one remembers the challenge after. Obviously in a season like this it's going to be more tactical than that. It is annoying to watch Sandra sit out challenge after challenge but she just isn't that good in them so it is also a good move for her tribe.

Speaking of challenges, pretty brutal one on extinction island. That climb to the top was quite hard and having to do it for 20 times while being malnourished and dehydrated is rough. I'm happy that Ethan wasn't evacuated, he is just so much fun. Natalie continues her domination.

Surprised to see almost a unanimous vote again, people really wanted Tyson gone. The fact that Nick voted for Kim tells that there was more gameplay going on that we didn't see. Tyson should do well on extinction, he is still in good shape and he can figure out clues. Surprised that he gave his token to Nick. I don't necessarily think that voting out Tyson is a bad move by Sandra. Sandra doesn't trust Tyson and he did talk about voting out Tony and Sandra before so that was problematic. She is again crawling towards the merge and she could go far if she makes it.

It sucks to see another older school player get voted out as the new schooler are going to be dominating the season soon. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
I think Nick voted for Kim because he was worried about Tyson having an idol and needed to throw a vote elsewhere in case he did and Tyson voted for him. Smart hedge I'd say.

New school is already dominating the season...The edge has 5 people and 4 are old school, it's already happening.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

They've been foreshadowing Boston Rob vs Sandra
You can bet Tyson and Kim would flip to Boston Rob's side the first chance they get
So it was a good move IMO

h2

Mar 26, 2002
That was one of the best comebacks I can recall in a challenge. Well done!

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Why is Sandra allowed to sit out all of the challenges? I know she's bad at them and it's probably in the best interest of the tribe, but I always thought that you could only sit out 1 or certainly not 2 or more in a row.

Reactions: SPV

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Why is Sandra allowed to sit out all of the challenges? I know she's bad at them and it's probably in the best interest of the tribe, but I always thought that you could only sit out 1 or certainly not 2 or more in a row.

Maybe there are reward challenges that are not being shown that she’s participating in. Not really sure.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I don’t know if lucky is the word but if she was on the other tribe that has always been losing I think she would have been voted out already.

Her tribe and her game has benefited from being able to sit from these competitions.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The rule has been you cannot sit out a reward challenge as well as an immunity challenge (within the same episode). Since they only have one challenge for both now, it does not matter. They do not strictly just do reward challenges that often now because they want that air time allocated to other scenes.

Reactions: hoglund

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The rule has been you cannot sit out a reward challenge as well as an immunity challenge (within the same episode). Since they only have one challenge for both now, it does not matter. They do not strictly just do reward challenges that often now because they want that air time allocated to other scenes.
I didn't know that, how is Sandra going to win if she doesn't show to others that she's a complete player?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
What do you mean by complete player?
If part of it means being good at challenges, she's never been good at challenges and has won twice
I know, it's crazy that she's won twice and is only good at the social part of the game. What I meant by complete player was someone who contributes to all aspects of the game, to win Survivor you should be good at all parts, Sandra is a rare exception and it's beyond me how she's won twice.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I know, it's crazy that she's won twice and is only good at the social part of the game. What I meant by complete player was someone who contributes to all aspects of the game, to win Survivor you should be good at all parts, Sandra is a rare exception and it's beyond me how she's won twice.

What makes Sandra a good player is that she almost always makes sure she's on the correct side of the vote
That's a credit to her social game and a lot of survivor players who have played with her says that she's great at reading players
She's also not fake. She is who she is. Players respect that.
Sandra is definitely a rare exception as her game is really not replicable

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
What makes Sandra a good player is that she almost always makes sure she's on the correct side of the vote
That's a credit to her social game and a lot of survivor players who have played with her says that she's great at reading players
She's also not fake. She is who she is. Players respect that.
Sandra is definitely a rare exception as her game is really not replicable
I'm not denying her great social game, the rest of her game is terrible, which is why it's so baffling that she's not only won once, but twice.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I'm not denying her great social game, the rest of her game is terrible, which is why it's so baffling that she's not only won once, but twice.

I'm not sure what you mean by rest of her game. Being good at challenges? Being a camp provider? Finding idols?

Having a great social game and making relationships is usually the factor that gets players the win at the end
Her strategy is actually so unique that no one at the end can say she hid behind another player

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Red tribe has the possibility of a terrible tribal.

Sandra - idol (expiring after her next tribal)
Kim - idol (assuming she got the other half back)
Denise - idol
Jeremy safety without power
Tony - could be in trouble

If Jeremy feels like he's on the bottom and skips out on tribal then Denise will definitely play hers. Sandra pretty much has to play hers as its expiring. If only she and Tony are vulnerable then Kim definitely plays hers. Tony goes home even if he doesn't get any votes.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Red tribe has the possibility of a terrible tribal.

Sandra - idol (expiring after her next tribal)
Kim - idol (assuming she got the other half back)
Denise - idol
Jeremy safety without power
Tony - could be in trouble

If Jeremy feels like he's on the bottom and skips out on tribal then Denise will definitely play hers. Sandra pretty much has to play hers as its expiring. If only she and Tony are vulnerable then Kim definitely plays hers. Tony goes home even if he doesn't get any votes.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Let's hope they don't go to tribal. Otherwise, it could be Game Changers all over again.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm happy that Rob is out; I didn't like the way he was playing this year. And it was annoying that the focus was on trying to weaken him, or get him out.

I'm glad that he gave his token to Parvati though; I'm hoping she find a path towards the end. But for some reason the newer winners are so focused on the older winners that they seem to be forgetting that they all won the game

Last edited:

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Rob just doesn't know how to adapt, that was an embarrassing display.

Agreed, he definitely didn't adapt. Back in the day, at a tribe switch up the "old" tribe with the numbers voted together. This would ensure that at the merge, the "old" tribe would have the numbers and they could run together until the end. Recently, the "fluid" voting blocks has become the norm. Rob assumed his "old" tribe would stay tight, but he was working with the "fluid" voting block people, not the "loyalty at all cost" to the original tribe people.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00