TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Man, Yul is such a joy to watch. He was easily my favorite Survivor and it's been so long that it's great to see him back. He's like a computer but is also super likable where people always want to work with him. He set the wheels in motion for the whole poker alliance thing but did it with zero backlash.

I'm not sure about Jeremy, in a way I think Natalie being gone may help because people keyed in on that connection IMMEDIATELY. Maybe it's like a load off his back now, I'm not sure.

Also, Rob is super impressive. He's actually somehow set himself up well when he has no right to even be in the conversation with his threat level.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So Rob is playing the game too and she gets all butt hurt her didnt tell her he was playing but yet she gets to be nasty and lie all game but that’s cool in her book. Lol. The sooner she is out the more enjoyable the season will be
Why are people so mad at Sandra targeting Amber lol.

Its understandable why she would be upset with Rob and not want to trust him. They worked together on HvV, they spent 36 days on an island together 2 weeks before coming out and doing this season. About 3 weeks before the season they both get asked while out on the island if they would ever consider coming back. Sandra immediately said yes while Rob said no. Then 3 weeks later all of a sudden hes out there not only himself, but with his wife too?

Of course people are allowed to change their mind, but this was a very quick turn around from saying he would never play again to playing again with his wife none the less. Sandra has known Rob for at least 10 years.

And to add on top of all that, before the game started each player picked a player they would vote out first if they were given the chance and Rob picked Sandra. So he and Amber were clearly planning on targeting Sandra right away. So she was right to not trust him.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
So Rob is playing the game too and she gets all butt hurt her didnt tell her he was playing but yet she gets to be nasty and lie all game but that’s cool in her book. Lol. The sooner she is out the more enjoyable the season will be
Lying is a part of the game lol. And considering Rob and Sandra were previously friends outside the game, she felt that he was targeting her since he didn’t tell her. And he came into the season wanting to target her in the first place so she didn’t do anything wrong there.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lying is a part of the game lol. And considering Rob and Sandra were previously friends outside the game, she felt that he was targeting her since he didn’t tell her. And he came into the season wanting to target her in the first place so she didn’t do anything wrong there.
So he lied and she lied...whats the problem? Why did she get so butt hurt? It’s part of the game

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So he lied and she lied...whats the problem? Why did she get so butt hurt? It’s part of the game

Think about it. If you are with somebody and only them for 36 days straight outside of the game and you say you will play again and they never tell you they were playing too. 1) How would you trust them in the game? Let alone outside. 2) She could have potentially talked strategy since he said he wasn't playing. 3) All that then his wife is there too. It's smart to get her out regardless. But all of that puts the cherry on top.

Maybe it's a smokescreen by them and his wife was the sacrifice. Rob has the biggest target on his back. His wife can now send him idols. Everybody knows Rob/Sandra spent 36 days together so if they pretend to feud that could kill that noise. That's how Sandra could flip it too. I got an idol from Natalie when voted out. So I voted out Amber to help you and so she could send you idols. Easy.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wouldn't Rob and Sandra have some sort of gag order not allowing them to talk about an upcoming season? Especially when they are in front of producers and cameras all day. Should be a good season.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I've never seen an Edge of Extinction season, can someone explain exactly HOW someone can get back in the game? I understand that they all just go to the same island when they get voted off, and I get the fire token stuff, but how does one actually get back in? How did it work last time they had this?

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I've never seen an Edge of Extinction season, can someone explain exactly HOW someone can get back in the game? I understand that they all just go to the same island when they get voted off, and I get the fire token stuff, but how does one actually get back in? How did it work last time they had this?

Last time, they had a challenge amongst all the players on EOE, one player came back at the merge and then another challenge and another player came back at final 6

Reactions: Trap Jesus

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

Damn, Yul is splitting atoms with his mind. Great read and it seems like these episodes could be 3 hours long based on what is not shown on TV. So we should expect Yul and Kim starting to work together and with Kim on his side Yul should be leading a majority alliance (Yul, Kim, Sophie, Wendell, Nick) in his tribe against Sandra, Sarah, Tony and Tyson who doesn't seem to be aligned to anyone. Sandra has the idol that works for next couple of tribals so it could make things interesting.

I like how Yul plants ideas into people's heads instead of outright saying what to do, which is something I have been thinking about would be a smart thing to do as people who throw names around get enemies and get voted out.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rob destroyed that Immunity comp.

He seems to have proven himself physically, and has some allies pretty close. Amber now out.

he might stick around longer than I thought

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I’m happy Natalie was voted off first as her season was the season I started watching again (last before that was all-stars) and I always thought she was the weakest winner since.
That is definitely a contrarian take. She is pretty much a consensus top 10 winner by most fan/media rankings i've ever seen.
She might have my favorite single game ever played, considering the circumstances of the season with her sister as the first boot, and the flawless execution down the stretch.

When she decides to take out John and his girlfriend it is one of the most big **** energy moves ever. She takes them on her reward to butter them up, and keeps them around for a few more votes since they were all voting together. Then once John is gone she uses Jacqueline to take out the only other remaining couple/pair.
(jumps to that part in the video)

Other players have played more flawless games, (Kim and Rob). But those were also not coincidentally probably the dumbest and most inept cast of players to ever play Survivor.

edit- Also Yul is a BEAST damn

Last edited:
Reactions: JabbaJabba

h2

Mar 26, 2002
That is definitely a contrarian take. She is pretty much a consensus top 10 winner by most fan/media rankings i've ever seen.
She might have my favorite single game ever played, considering the circumstances of the season with her sister as the first boot, and the flawless execution down the stretch.

When she decides to take out John and his girlfriend it is one of the most big **** energy moves ever. She takes them on her reward to butter them up, and keeps them around for a few more votes since they were all voting together. Then once John is gone she uses Jacqueline to take out the only other remaining couple/pair.
(jumps to that part in the video)

Other players have played more flawless games, (Kim and Rob). But those were also not coincidentally probably the dumbest and most inept cast of players to ever play Survivor.

edit- Also Yul is a BEAST damn

Appreciate the counter post. It was my first season in a decade, maybe my assessment was really off at the time haha..

Agreed on Yul. He is definitely one to watch this season. Good start so far.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Lol, Danni torpedoed her own game. Makes me worried about Ethan who again seemed to be on top of what was going on, he is adapting well to this game so far but I don't know if anyone is going to be giving him stuff from extinction island, which is a problem. There are already too many advantages in the game and I don't like that. Otherwise kinda funny episode, last week was all strategy and panic but this episode had a lot of funny moments like Tony building a ladder, which has little to do with gameplay.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Rob is a f***ing genius in this game. How he has managed to not get voted off and turn them all into sheep is so impressive.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
This season has been really good so far.

The cast has really been delivering. I feel like I'm a fan of almost everyone. Even someone like Ben, who is one of the few players I didn't like before this season, has been an entertaining mess in the first couple of episodes.

That scene with Tony and the ladder was pure gold. I'm so glad we have him back on our screens again since I was afraid we'd seen the last of him after Game Changers.

And while I like Danni, she really shot herself in the foot. She got way too paranoid and basically caused herself to go from probably safe to a unanimous vote in a matter of minutes.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So it looks like Natalie will get back in the game. I'm thinking whoever has the most fire tokens at the edge will get back in instead of a challenge. Which is cool imo. So all these players dangled idols for two votes could be wasting their fire tokens. It could be smarter to keep them.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
I dont think Jeremy traded his token for the advantage that Natalie sent, right? I believe it was only active for the next tribal so Jeremy probably felt safe enough and kept his token.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So it looks like Natalie will get back in the game. I'm thinking whoever has the most fire tokens at the edge will get back in instead of a challenge. Which is cool imo. So all these players dangled idols for two votes could be wasting their fire tokens. It could be smarter to keep them.

Keep them for what? You have to give them to someone in the game once you get voted out. I haven't seen anything more useful to buy in the game so far except the thing they're buying from Nat.

I also doubt the person with the most tokens returns, as that would likely mean someone who has long been voted out will return as I doubt that's what they want. Those players will be advantaged, but it's probably something like a challenge that has 30 of something they have to do and every token makes it 1 less.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Keep them for what? You have to give them to someone in the game once you get voted out. I haven't seen anything more useful to buy in the game so far except the thing they're buying from Nat.

I also doubt the person with the most tokens returns, as that would likely mean someone who has long been voted out will return as I doubt that's what they want. Those players will be advantaged, but it's probably something like a challenge that has 30 of something they have to do and every token makes it 1 less.

Everybody in game is wasting their tokens on advantages for 2 tribals they might not even need or could use later. Whoever survives the longest on the edge should have some advantage for doing that instead of somebody voted on 5 weeks later and gets the same chance at a challenge. Amber and Nat could be tied with 1 token but Nat found it before her.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->