Injury Report: St. Louis out 10 days - 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I would do Nash/Brass/Zucc - Kreids/Hayes/Miller - Hags/Step/Fast - Shep/Moore/Glass (because theres negative 0% chance glass sits for a hartford guy)

Stepan needs a change in the worst way, so yeah.
(didn't post specific positions, just FWD lines incase that wasn't obvious)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would do Nash/Brass/Zucc - Kreids/Hayes/Miller - Hags/Step/Fast - Shep/Moore/Glass (because theres negative 0% chance glass sits for a hartford guy)

If that's doable I actually like it. Would still give us 2 lines capable of producing some offense.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Dailyfaceoff has new lines listed already. Don't know if this is simple prognostication on their part or if they have inside word. When I check them on the day of games, they are usually correct. They have:

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/32/new-york-rangers

Nash - Brass - Zucc

Kreider - Step - Miller

Hags - Hayes - Fast

Shep - Moore - (-13)

Makes sense. AV will definitely play (-13), and pecking order suggests giving Miller a chance to play 2nd line, while also affording Fast the opportunity to play with a better line.

No doubt in my mind, this is what we will see. You don't need to over-shuffle & fix a system that has gotten us to the peak of the League. I'm OK with it, except I wish they'd call up Klingberg or someone to play R4 and sit (-13).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Could see his lips tell Rammer that he heard something "pop". Knew it wouldn't be "nothing serious" as stated. Though, I suppose it could always be worse than two weeks?

Our top-12 is gonna be butt ugly and we can't call anyone up :facepalm:

Kreider - Stepan - Hayes
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - Fast
Glass - Moore - Sheppard

:dunno:

I'd leave Hayes on 3rd line and move Miller up.

Hags/Hayes/Fast

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I think Stepan playing without MSL is a bonus in itself.

We'll be fine without MSL. This team has covered big injuries before. McDonagh went down and pretty much everyone on D stepped up. Hank went down and Talbot stepped up. I think it's just a matter of who steps up in MSL's absence. My money is on Stepan.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think Stepan playing without MSL is a bonus in itself.

We'll be fine without MSL. This team has covered big injuries before. McDonagh went down and pretty much everyone on D stepped up. Hank went down and Talbot stepped up. I think it's just a matter of who steps up in MSL's absence. My money is on Stepan.

Miller might benefit a lot playing with Stepan as well. Don't forget him and Kreider look like fire when they are on a line together.

I'd like to see those lines in action. Miller essentially getting top 6 time, which is what he needs.

Hell, if it works, you have more options when MSL comes back.

Kreder-Stepan-Miller
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Sheppard-Moore-Glass

Then when MSL returns, if that top 6 is in functional shape:

Kreder-Stepan-Miller
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-MSL
Sheppard/Glass-Moore-Fast
Sheppard/Glass

It's already been said that MSL and Nash thrive when playing with other players that drive possession. it's no wonder Nash caught fire when he finally got a solidified spot with Zuccarello and Brassard. I think MSL will benefit very much by playing with Hagelin (anyone remember that sexy backwards pass from Hagelin as he whipped around the net and left it for MSL who had a wide open net? oh yeah, I wanna see more of that), and will also benefit additionally by going against bottom 6 competition--allows him more room to work, while leaving Hagelin and Hayes intact

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I would just leave Hayes-Hags-Miller. They've been arguably our most consistent line for 10-15 games.

I would move Fast up to Stepan's RW, and plug Glass in for Fast on the 4th.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I would just leave Hayes-Hags-Miller. They've been arguably our most consistent line for 10-15 games.

I would move Fast up to Stepan's RW, and plug Glass in for Fast on the 4th.

That's not a bad idea either actually... I wonder if he would help drive possession...

Problem is, what if that line plays well--we put MSL on the 4th line?! oh boy

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I think the most important thing is to keep Hayes and Hagelin together on the third line. They've been driving play and I have no desire to see our bottom 6 turn into a garbage can. Keep Hayes at 3C.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think the most important thing is to keep Hayes and Hagelin together on the third line. They've been driving play and I have no desire to see our bottom 6 turn into a garbage can. Keep Hayes at 3C.

Exactly. Definitely wouldn't hurt to try Miller or Fast on the top line with Stepan, then One of Miller, Fast, or Sheppard on 3W. The remainder stays on the 4th line.

I miss Dorsett :(

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I wanted him to just move Fast up to Stepan's wing, but who the **** am I? :laugh: AV has been to the Finals twice and won 2 President's Trophies. I'll trust him

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Am a little surprised that Hayes is being taken off of the line which has been playing so well and it is not Miller that is being moved up.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Am not surprised that Miller is not the one moving up, (AV benched him last game iirc) although I think it would be the most balanced and best move.

I could see AV shifting Fast up to play with Stepan and Kreider and leaving that 3rd line intact.

What I don't think makes any sense is moving Hayes, who is really starting to put everything together at the center position back to wing, and potentially stall the progress he has made (which the Rangers really can't afford at this moment as Nash and Stepan have gone cold). On top of this, he would be giving immediate 3rd line minutes to a guy that has been a healthy scratch the past however many games AND weakening our center depth.

The only way I could find this making sense is if he wants to "reward" the players that are playing well with more ice-time which might make sense but in reality how much of a difference in ice-time is there between our 3rd and 2nd line at the moment?

Edit: Skimmed through the posts and didn't realize he shuffled up the top 6 too. Those lines are really interesting as long as he's going to ride the top 6 hard, which he probably will.

Last edited:

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
It was just one game but I think Hayes being dominant with Brassard+Zuccarello is still fresh in AV's mind, and he wants to see it again.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That line has some serious potential.

The Rangers cant afford another injury though, up front or on D.

Agreed. We are now 1 injury away from playing McIlrath or Lindberg. And while I like Lindberg, having to play him is not a good sign. Hope we can get through the remainder of the season without further injuries.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Agreed. We are now 1 injury away from playing McIlrath or Lindberg. And while I like Lindberg, having to play him is not a good sign. Hope we can get through the remainder of the season without further injuries.

From watching HFD, Lindberg is the only option from there that can step in an play without missing a beat.

Klingberg may be another guy, but I've only seen a couple of games, and he looks like a solid 4th line energy option but no specialty teams or defensive ability to be out there to protect a lead at this stage.

With Lindberg, he can fill a role if he has to. Smartest player in HFD, doesn't make mistakes and is always on the right side of the puck.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

to me thats why we should be playing McIlrath, Lindberg or Hrivik now; get them some ice now, as we may need them later.
No reason they cant be pleasant surprises like Fast, Hayes and Miller.
dont hide form the challenges, face them.
Better McIl than Kostka, no?
Better Lindberg/Hrivik than Mueller/CBourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad