Injury Report: St. Louis out 10 days - 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
When the source is out of Canada I tend to listen. They actually care about the hockey.

Just saying it's like the same thing that I say to people who want Sather to not re-sign the guy. MSL only wanted to come here, Sather gave up a metric **** ton to make that happen. There's no way he lets him just leave after a season and a playoff run.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
The Ottawa Sun isn't the most reliable of sources.

It doesn't matter! He is our second leading scorer, and he adds another dimension to our offense that creates matchup problems for opponents. Especially, when all of the forwards slot back down to where they were when the offense was really rolling. We need him back, more than Lundy, IMHO.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Its been about 10 days. Has anybody heard how much longer he's going to be out?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Marty is far from elite. I would say he is way closer to being washed-up than elite. He is not even top 5 in terms of importance to the team. It's not like he was lighting up the lamp before his injuries. The struggles right now are collectively as a team, doubt Marty would help remedy that with his play this year...

Recent quality of play would seem to indicate that Marty is actually the exact opposite of everything you just said

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Marty is far from elite. I would say he is way closer to being washed-up than elite. He is not even top 5 in terms of importance to the team. It's not like he was lighting up the lamp before his injuries. The struggles right now are collectively as a team, doubt Marty would help remedy that with his play this year...

I feel like there's an awful lot of negativity directed at an awful lot of players considering where this team is in the standings.

I know we've realized that we don't see eye to eye on individual success as it plays into or reflects team success, but I still have a hard time believing that so many people are playing so poorly and yet the team is almost on top of the NHL with games in hand.

MSL isn't the MSL of old. That's for sure. He's still a useful offensive player.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Why is it that an injury thread cannot remain about the injury?

I'd guess it depends on how you define "about the injury."

For example, is talking about an injured player's importance to the team "about" their injury? In a way. It's talking about about how the injury is affecting the team.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'd guess it depends on how you define "about the injury."

For example, is talking about an injured player's importance to the team "about" their injury? In a way. It's talking about about how the injury is affecting the team.

That's what I was thinking too...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@DarrenDreger: Martin St Louis expected to skate today with NYR. Unlikely to return to lineup until after the weekend.”

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
“@DarrenDreger: Martin St Louis expected to skate today with NYR. Unlikely to return to lineup until after the weekend.â€

Hopefully that gave him some needed rest. They will definitely need him to be a solid contributor in the playoffs.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
This is great news. Hopefully he comes back nice and rested for the playoff push.

That's more than 2 weeks off for him. I guess things don't heal quickly at that age. I should know.

Anyway, over half a month off is good for MSL. He was clearly running out of steam by February/March, so hopefully this gets him going for the PT and playoff run.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
From the radio broadcast - Dave Maloney talked to MSL and things are not looking good, he said Marty told him he was not feeling good about his progress so far and Maloney's opinion was it's going to take more time for him to get back on the roster

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
From the radio broadcast - Dave Maloney talked to MSL and things are not looking good, he said Marty told him he was not feeling good about his progress so far and Maloney's opinion was it's going to take more time for him to get back on the roster

Not good.

Doubtful he would've been ready for tomorrow regardless, but f Glass gets suspended (doubtful IMO) they'll have to call somebody up. Lindberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad