Injury Report: St. Louis out 10 days - 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I like this:

Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Kreider - Stepan - Hayes
Hagelin - Sheppard - Fast
Glass - Moore - Miller

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Let's hope Miller and Sheppard step up, and make it hard for AV to bench them on his return. Suck's we have guy's going down, but they will find a way to win.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
How about some shuffling:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Brassard-Zucc
Hags-Hayes-Sheppard
Glass-Moore-Fast

Try last year's first line.

Keep Brass-Zucc and Hags-Hayes twosomes together. 4th line (version with Glass) stays intact.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Two of our most important players in the playoffs are getting some rest with their injuries.

This could work in our favor.

I don't like losing players this close to the playoffs. Sure, they can get some rest, but then they need to get their legs back when they are healthy. Being thrown back in during or close to a playoff match-up is not good. Having players a step behind as they get back into the groove can mean the difference between a win and a loss in the first round.

And if we lose in the first round, you're going to see HFNYR collectively lose our ****.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Nash has killed it on the LW this year and Hayes is a natural RW. Why would you want to do that, I wonder?

Because I really, really liked Hayes with Brassard and Zucc, and Stepan needs to get going. Nash and Stepan have been historically brilliant together, time to hopefully recreate that.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Maybe just put Fast in his spot. Kind of hesitant to touch either the Brassard or the Hayes line. Same with the Klein injury, I don't like the idea of shuffling the entire forward or defense corps when one player goes down.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
St Louis has been horrible out there, like a straight up disaster.

The time off will do him and the Stepan line some good. No trio is going to have success when you have a guy playing like St Louis has weighing you down.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't like losing players this close to the playoffs. Sure, they can get some rest, but then they need to get their legs back when they are healthy. Being thrown back in during or close to a playoff match-up is not good. Having players a step behind as they get back into the groove can mean the difference between a win and a loss in the first round.

And if we lose in the first round, you're going to see HFNYR collectively lose our ****.

No one is going to lose their legs in 10-14 days. Even with a "sprained" knee, he can still work the bike.

The only guy who is going to need time to get re-adjusted is Hank.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
As a matter of fact, **** it, try this:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Hayes-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Sheppard-Miller
Glass-Moore-Fast

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
When Hagelin-Stepan-Nash were a line in the lockout year, they played 126 minutes together at ES and had a 59% CF. No reason to not give it a try again.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Maybe just put Fast in his spot. Kind of hesitant to touch either the Brassard or the Hayes line. Same with the Klein injury, I don't like the idea of shuffling the entire forward or defense corps when one player goes down.

Anywhere you put Fast is an offensive dead zone. He's like Glass, but excellent defensively, as opposed to being bad at everything.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I think Fast/Sheppard will come through for us and will play better with more ice time . Glass can still play albeit limited shifts and some PK . We will survive....it's time now for some guys to step it up like Stepan/Nash/Brassard who all have been just fair lately . We have a great team concept...guys will step it up . :)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
“@NYP_Brooksie: Rangers not expected to recall F for Wednesday v Blackhawks. Glass will rejoin lineup.”

8416251.jpg

He's a cockroach.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
As a matter of fact, **** it, try this:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Hayes-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Sheppard-Miller
Glass-Moore-Fast

I like it but what do you do once MSL comes back? I don't mind having Hayes in a top 6 spot for 3-5 games (which is what this would be) but even though hes basically treated the rookie wall like its Thomas Hickey, the coaching staff should be very careful with the way they handle his minutes going forward.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Anywhere you put Fast is an offensive dead zone. He's like Glass, but excellent defensively, as opposed to being bad at everything.
He's a lot better offensively than Glass. 10 points in 44 games while getting low ice time and ****** zone starts isn't bad, and he's a RW.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
That looks almost like a random line generator. Hags on the first line? Hayes on LW? That's a quick way to really mess up any chemistry we've established this year IMO. Don't like these lines at all.

We've scored 10 goals in the last 5 games. You have to try something new.

Hayes played with Brassard and Zuccarello and they were terrific together. It was only one game but they were impossible to get the puck from.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash played a lot together a few years ago, and Stepan-Nash were constantly together last year.

These aren't half as ridiculous as you've made them out to be.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I like it but what do you do once MSL comes back? I don't mind having Hayes in a top 6 spot for 3-5 games (which is what this would be) but even though hes basically treated the rookie wall like its Thomas Hickey, the coaching staff should be very careful with the way they handle his minutes going forward.

Promote Kreider, drop Sheppard to the 4th, move Hayes back to 3C with Miller+MSL as his wings.

Obviously, assuming these lines work.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

I don't agree. I don't think he's really been given the chance to play offense with all of his 4th line defensive zone starts and Glass and Moore as his line mates. Even a couple games with Kreider and Stepan might help them since he provides way more defensive responsibility, board work and some physicality as compared to MSL. MSL has been a turnover machine the last few weeks and hasn't won a board battle since the playoffs last season (a little hyperbole there since I couldn't say that for sure haha).

It was Fast with Hayes and Hags that really saw that line start to find chemistry and production before he was hurt and Miller took his spot. I wouldn't even mind seeing that group together again and Miller getting some top 6 with Step and Kreider.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
These aren't half as ridiculous as you've made them out to be.

But why would we throw Nash, who is having a career year over to the other side, and then put Hayes, a RW who can play center, on the LW?

While not scoring as much, we aren't allowing as much. Some of that is due to Cam, sure. But I don't really think moves as big as you are advocating are needed. We are on an absolute tear right now and one player goes down, you don't completely shuffle the lines unless you start losing games. This isn't NHL '15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad