Injury Report: St. Louis out 10 days - 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Not good.

Doubtful he would've been ready for tomorrow regardless, but f Glass gets suspended (doubtful IMO) they'll have to call somebody up. Lindberg?

Yeah, I'd think Lindberg would be the guy, though I think Klingberg should be considered. He is productive as hell in Hartford, has a little NHL experience, and is 6'3" 215 lbs.

I wish the Rangers were a little bigger. If we play the Caps in the playoffs, I think they can beat us up over the course of a playoff series. The Caps have a noticeably larger team than the Rangers and the Bruins...and they're physical. If we play 'em in the first round...and they play heavy like they can...we could be in for a rough series, even if we handled them in the regular season.

No one will be called up, though. Glass is safe ;)

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Yeah, I'd think Lindberg would be the guy, though I think Klingberg should be considered. He is productive as hell in Hartford, has a little NHL experience, and is 6'3" 215 lbs.

I wish the Rangers were a little bigger. If we play the Caps in the playoffs, I think they can beat us up over the course of a playoff series. The Caps have a noticeably larger team than the Rangers and the Bruins...and they're physical. If we play 'em in the first round...and they play heavy like they can...we could be in for a rough series, even if we handled them in the regular season.

No one will be called up, though. Glass is safe ;)

Larger but slower. They'd have to catch us first.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 2m2 minutes ago
St. Louis only skating as an extra D, as expected. Nash-Brass-Zucc, Kreid-Step-Miller, Hag-Hayes-Fast, Shep-DMoore-Glass. Hunwick back on D

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think so. But from his convo with Maloney on Saturday he is not feeling much better

MCLs suck because they limit the range of motion. MSL has said he's never been hurt like this before so he probably doesn't even know what to feel.

I tore my left MCL and right MCL in subsequent seasons in college. Sucks even worse for me because I'm a goalie and the MCL is basically the main ligament that allows your knees to butterfly. If I was a skater I probably could've been back in 2 months, as a goalie I was out for 4-6 both times.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
MCLs suck because they limit the range of motion. MSL has said he's never been hurt like this before so he probably doesn't even know what to feel.

I tore my left MCL and right MCL in subsequent seasons in college. Sucks even worse for me because I'm a goalie and the MCL is basically the main ligament that allows your knees to butterfly.

Did he tear the MCL?

Do you still play as a goalie, just curious. I had a real strange one as well, tore my PCL. ugh that was a rough rehab.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It would be nice if one of our players actually came back within the timeframe our expert medical staff predicted, for a change.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It would be nice if one of our players actually came back within the timeframe our expert medical staff predicted, for a change.

Yeah, really! They've been a month off on the Lundqvist prediction and yesterday we heard Klein may miss the first round after initially hearing he would be back for the last couple of games of the season.
I hope Marty comes back asap.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Did he tear the MCL?

Do you still play as a goalie, just curious. I had a real strange one as well, tore my PCL. ugh that was a rough rehab.

I don't believe he did tear it, just a sprain.

Yes, actually those injuries ended my sophomore and junior seasons. I came back and had my best season my senior year.

I did a **** ton of physical therapy rehab.

Ranger Angst

May 3, 2009
Montreal
MSL is getting on in years & it's starting to show. BTW Cally scored his 23rd today. Awful trade that will slowly creep it'S way into the top 10 NYR worst trades

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
MSL is getting on in years & it's starting to show. BTW Cally scored his 23rd today. Awful trade that will slowly creep it'S way into the top 10 NYR worst trades

Callahan isn't scoring 23 goals on the Rangers, he's playing with one of the best players in the league helps his game immensely

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Everyone from Montreal is bitter that MSL made it to the NHL without being drafted, because of course small guys can't cut it in the bigs. MM hmm

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Callahan isn't scoring 23 goals on the Rangers, he's playing with one of the best players in the league helps his game immensely

3 less goals in 4 less games not to mention cally wouldn't even be here this year with his contract up making this completely irrelevant

(and no he would not have re-signed, thats what they tried to do before the trade)

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

I was just talking about Cally and MSL yesterday. MSL helped Stamkos become the player he is now. I am Not Saying MSL is responsible for the monster that Stamkos has become, but MSL was a great player that was paired with a phenom an that's good for any one entering the NHL.

Cally while he was a good player as a Ranger. Looking at his numbers compared to MSL this year they are similar, Cally is playing with Stamkos and still won't crack 30 goals, not even close. He is putting up the same numbers he did as a Ranger and is getting paid a lot of money, AND Cally isn't a proven playoff commodity like MSL. I would make that Cally for MSL trade time and again.

MSL makes players around him better, Cally not so much.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

He used to score more on the Rangers. Also MSL is our 2nd leading scorer. Signing Callahan to what he wanted would be a huge mistake. Finally where was Callahan in last year's playoffs when MSL was a top player on the Eastern Conference champs?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yeah, really! They've been a month off on the Lundqvist prediction and yesterday we heard Klein may miss the first round after initially hearing he would be back for the last couple of games of the season.
I hope Marty comes back asap.

Looks like MSL will play on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad