Injury Report: St. Louis out 10 days - 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Could see his lips tell Rammer that he heard something "pop". Knew it wouldn't be "nothing serious" as stated. Though, I suppose it could always be worse than two weeks?

Our top-12 is gonna be butt ugly and we can't call anyone up :facepalm:

Kreider - Stepan - Hayes
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - Fast
Glass - Moore - Sheppard

:dunno:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Could be worse. But yikes, our forwards are ugly now. Maybe call up Lindberg and shift Miller up to the Stepan line.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: #NYR Injury Update: Forward Martin St. Louis will be sidelined 10-14 days with a lower-body injury suffered last night vs. Florida.”

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Could've been worse.

We probably can't/won't but 'd reaaaaaally like to see Lindberg up.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
MSL has points in 7 of the Rangers last 21 games (start of February), he hasn't exactly been a force out there. I doubt his absence will hurt too much. As I said, for a 39 year old player, two weeks off before the end of the season could be the best thing. Personally, unless the team is really suffering without him, I'd keep him out an extra week just to rest.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Dammit. Probably a sprain or something. This sucks. We've got some tough games coming up and of course the injuries start.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Rangers lose St.Louis for 10-14 days with injury, believed to be sprained right knee”

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Is there any reason why the Rangers can't call anyone up? It seems a little ridiculous that they have Lundqvist and Klein on IR, and possibly St. Louis, yet they still can't use any cap space. We're essentially icing a roster that's ~$17M under the cap.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
This is a relief. It sucks to lose a player, but it could have been so much worse.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Not that bad all things considered. Marty needs some rest. Get Lindberg up pronto and either move Hayes up with Stepan/Kreider, or have Sheppard on the 3rd line

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: Rangers not expected to recall F for Wednesday v Blackhawks. Glass will rejoin lineup.”

kramer987

Mar 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
hfboards.com
This is bad. I hope MSL can at least get some rest before the playoffs.

why is this bad? i just don't understand. he is out for 2 weeks with a sprain. he is like 38 years old. some rest would do him good. we have played through adversity before. as others have posted, he hasn't exactly been a force out there. we'll adjust. if we lose a game or two, it isn't the end of the world. the doom and gloom on this board is so frustrating sometimes. at least put some thought into the comment before posting. at least feign an attempt at optimism. half the posts on here share the same tone of "oh no, he's injured. the season is over." rant over.

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
I truly hate that Tanner Glass is the extra forward for this team. Lindberg/Bourque/ANYBODY would be more productive sliding into the lineup while MSL is down.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Better now than in 3 weeks. Hopefully Klein gets back early, Hank comes back into the fold and this team takes off going into the playoffs. Hoping.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
No sense complaining. It could have been a lot worse, and we all knew Glass would be coming back into the lineup. Whining about that now is just beating a dead horse.

Now we can just hope that when St. Louis returns it's Glass that goes out, and not Sheppard.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hopefully he comes back and is reborn for the playoffs.

For all the complaining about MSL, he's the second leading scorer and did seem to be coming around.

Now without our best player/starting goalie, 2nd leading scorer and top 4 D.

What do we think AV is going to do line wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad