Injury Report: St. Louis out 10 days - 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't agree. I don't think he's really been given the chance to play offense with all of his 4th line defensive zone starts and Glass and Moore as his line mates. Even a couple games with Kreider and Stepan might help them since he provides way more defensive responsibility, board work and some physicality as compared to MSL. MSL has been a turnover machine the last few weeks and hasn't won a board battle since the playoffs last season (a little hyperbole there since I couldn't say that for sure haha).

It was Fast with Hayes and Hags that really saw that line start to find chemistry and production before he was hurt and Miller took his spot. I wouldn't even mind seeing that group together again and Miller getting some top 6 with Step and Kreider.
That is what I'm thinking.

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

Call it a day. I trust what AV will do, though. Also consider that during MSL's absence we're going to be playing the Blackhawks, Ducks, Kings, Bruins, and Senators.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I don't agree. I don't think he's really been given the chance to play offense with all of his 4th line defensive zone starts and Glass and Moore as his line mates. Even a couple games with Kreider and Stepan might help them since he provides way more defensive responsibility, board work and some physicality as compared to MSL. MSL has been a turnover machine the last few weeks and hasn't won a board battle since the playoffs last season (a little hyperbole there since I couldn't say that for sure haha).

It was Fast with Hayes and Hags that really saw that line start to find chemistry and production before he was hurt and Miller took his spot. I wouldn't even mind seeing that group together again and Miller getting some top 6 with Step and Kreider.

Fast with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone doesn't know what to do. I've watched him gaffe more plays this season than I can count. Defensively, he's excellent. But just going by what I see, he is not going to make any line more dangerous, just more steady.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

Call it a day. I trust what AV will do, though. Also consider that during MSL's absence we're going to be playing the Blackhawks, Ducks, Kings, Bruins, Senators.

Word homie. If they struggle... shuffle it up. But for now, I don't think you screw with the chemistry of all the lines just to replace MSL. Although, if AV does do some shuffling, I really like what I've seen when Hayes and Kreider get together this season.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

Call it a day. I trust what AV will do, though. Also consider that during MSL's absence we're going to be playing the Blackhawks, Ducks, Kings, Bruins, and Senators.

Oh my god. I hadn't even looked that far ahead. Now would be a great time for a certain Swedish goaltender to expedite his convalescence.

We're gonna get seriously tested here at a point when we are the most vulnerable.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is fine. We'll win the league anyway cause best team ever, and he'll be back for the playoffs.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
This is fine. We'll win the league anyway cause best team ever, and he'll be back for the playoffs.

fine.png

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Could have been a lot worse.

Bring up Lindberg.

I think that won't happen and here's why... The reason, I think, we do not call up additional players (which is indeed possible) is because we would go over the cap. While that in itself is not an issue, since Lundqvist is on LTIR, meaning we can add 8.5 million (his cap hit) to our active roster regardless of the cap, Rangers management wants to keep cap space available in case Hayes meets 1 or more criteria for his bonuses. Those bonuses (20 goals, 35 assists, 60 points, all rookie team) will be 285k each, if he reaches the targets. If we go over the cap with Lundqvist on LTIR, it means those bonuses will carry over to next season and we end up with a lower salary cap. For a team which is already a cap ceiling team, that can have drastic consequences.

So, in theory, we can call up a replacement. We can go over the cap as long as Lundqvist is on LTIR. However, since that would put us over the cap, it means we do not bank the cap space we have now each day to be able to pay possible bonuses to Hayes.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It can be a blessing in disguise honestly. Some rest can serve him well.

Also, to the people that think someone will be called up to replace him. Come on, you and i both know ultimate warrior tanner glass will be inserted into the lineup....:facepalm:

RangersOwnNewYork*

I think this team will be fine without MSL for the 10-14 days and I really do see it as a positive because he will get some much needed rest. Injuries suck but it could have been a lot worse. I read Lundqvist may be back in a week plus Klein and MSL will be back before playoffs. I'm not worried at all and think we still win division, conference and presidents trophy.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
It can be a blessing in disguise honestly. Some rest can serve him well.

Also, to the people that think someone will be called up to replace him. Come on, you and i both know ultimate warrior tanner glass will be inserted into the lineup....:facepalm:

I love it! Ultimate warrior!! :D

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How is this bad??? Could have easily been a torn ligament or meniscus that could require surgery and possibly end of his Ranger career. Horrible way to go out. This way he gets some rest and is back for final 8 games or so. Could have been so much worse

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
How is this bad??? Could have easily been a torn ligament or meniscus that could require surgery and possibly end of his Ranger career. Horrible way to go out. This way he gets some rest and is back for final 8 games or so. Could have been so much worse

Honestly, this may be the best possible outcome including him being fully healthy and him being out for a long time. He gets to rest up, then get back up for the last few games to get his jam back in the final few games of the regular season before the playoffs.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Honestly, this may be the best possible outcome including him being fully healthy and him being out for a long time. He gets to rest up, then get back up for the last few games to get his jam back in the final few games of the regular season before the playoffs.

I see this word, and my stomach turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad