SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I suspect it will be after the first game, and I would guess the 15th changes to a fourth round pick.

That could be, a 4th for one game played. But, all the conditions probably won’t be known until the first owed pick is due. SSM was first to act and had a chance/choice at all of the available goalies; so, I expect the final cost to be more than Popovich but less than the average of the three 2000 born goalies without the hounds giving up a 2nd pick...something like 2-3rds or 3,4,5

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Anyone know what team & league the following prospects landed on this year?
Owen Parsons
Coulter Taylor
Luke DeVries
Nate Mann
Alexander Timchenko

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
That could be, a 4th for one game played. But, all the conditions probably won’t be known until the first owed pick is due. SSM was first to act and had a chance/choice at all of the available goalies; so, I expect the final cost to be more than Popovich but less than the average of the three 2000 born goalies without the hounds giving up a 2nd pick...something like 2-3rds or 3,4,5

Raftis always seems to give up less in a trade than you would expect. A 6th for Peca and the Demeo trade were highway robbery. Don't be surprised if the deal is for a lot less than you stated.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Hmm, less. You will see next weekend.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
Anyone wanna take a crack at the lines this year?

Also, I heard today mailk is coming this year just not yet!

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007

Trott Hayton Pytlik
McLean Carroll MacKay
Kartye Johnston Peca
Dickenson Kerins Watson
Roth/Mufarrah/Jacklin

I just can’t see Clarke sticking around with all these forwards already. I think they will deal a forward for a RD. Boudreau probably ends up in Tier 2 for more ice. Until/if Hayton returns I think Pytlik may play down the middle.

O’Rourke LeGuerrier
Calisti Wale
Holmes Wawrow
Halushak

The only right shot there at the moment is Wawrow.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Trott Hayton Pytlik
McLean Carroll MacKay
Kartye Johnston Peca
Dickenson Kerins Watson
Roth/Mufarrah/Jacklin

I just can’t see Clarke sticking around with all these forwards already. I think they will deal a forward for a RD. Boudreau probably ends up in Tier 2 for more ice. Until/if Hayton returns I think Pytlik may play down the middle.

O’Rourke LeGuerrier
Calisti Wale
Holmes Wawrow
Halushak

The only right shot there at the moment is Wawrow.

Which F’s do you think would be available for a right shot D?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Roth won't be 5th line, they would move him before sitting him I would think. Here are the lines I see until December (then we see if Hayton returns)
Trott Carroll Pytlik
Clarke Dickinson Watson
Kartye Johnston Peca
McLean Kerins MacKay
Jacklin / Mufarreh
Trade: Roth

O'Rourke LeGuerrier
Calisti Wale
Holmes Wawrow
Halushak

I hope Wale and Holmes take some big strides this season and can eventually each move up a line.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015

My best guess currently;

Trott-Pytlik-MacKay
Peca-Carroll-Roth
Dickinson-Johnston-Watson
McLean-Kartye-Kerins
(Muffareh, Jacklin)

Boudreau re-assigned*
Hayton starts in the NHL*

O’Rourke-LeGuerrier
Wale-Wawrow
Holmes-Calisti
(Halushak)

Propp
Taylor

Boudreau may stick if they can trade Jacklin and if Hayton is returned then Pytlik may move to wing bumping people down.
We’ll see how competitive the league is and where they stack up but so far a small sell off to make a run next year still seems like the best option to me (inc. Hayton, Peca, LeGuerrier, Propp *depending on returns*).

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Love these different looks we are posting; keep it up guys!

I would be surprised if Boudreau got reassigned, since we haven't had fewer than two 16 year olds in a really long time. Seems like the wrong year to start that trend.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Can we include trades? Without trades:

Kerins-Pytlik-Roth
Trott-Carroll-MacKay
McLean-Johnston-Peca
Kartye-Dickinson-Watson
Mufarreh/Boudreau/Jacklin

O'Rourke-LeGuerrier
Wale-Holmes
Calisti-Wawrow
Halushak

Propp-Taylor

If I were to include the following trades:
Carroll, Mufarreh + picks to Peterborough for SDA
Kartye + picks to Sarnia for Grima
Wale for Serensits

Kerins-SDA-MacKay
Trott-Pytlik-Roth
Boudreau-Johnston-Peca
McLean-Dickinson-Watson
Jacklin

O'Rourke-Grima
LeGuerrier-Serensits
Calisti-Holmes
Halushak/Wawrow

Propp-Taylor

Clarke is released in both cases. If Hayton were to come back, you could push all of the centers down (if you had Hayton, SDA, Pytlik down the middle, SSM are favourites in the West), Boudreau can go to the juniors for a year, and Dickinson can move to the 3/4 LW. This is pushing SSM's window forward a year (by trading Carroll, Mufarreh and Kartye to get an OA and an 00' who won't be back next year) to essentially capitalize on Hayton, but it won't really hurt SSM's future too much. The picks are minimal and SSM has a number of forward prospects in the pipeline who can replace Carroll, Mufarreh and Kartye down the line (D'Intino, Parsons, Savard, Chiddenton, Tomasini, Frechette plus potentially Haymes, Miller, Mann and Brown), and will still have a number of younger forwards on their roster (Watson, Dickinson, Kerins, Boudreau). As it stands right now they are going to need to move a couple of forwards just to make everyone fit.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Yikes! I wouldn't even trade Carroll straight up for SDA considering he is older and not better. For Grima I think he eventually goes for like a 3rd or 4th rounder so I wouldn't give up Kartye.

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
Can we include trades? Without trades:

Kerins-Pytlik-Roth
Trott-Carroll-MacKay
McLean-Johnston-Peca
Kartye-Dickinson-Watson
Mufarreh/Boudreau/Jacklin

O'Rourke-LeGuerrier
Wale-Holmes
Calisti-Wawrow
Halushak

Propp-Taylor

If I were to include the following trades:
Carroll, Mufarreh + picks to Peterborough for SDA
Kartye + picks to Sarnia for Grima
Wale for Serensits

Kerins-SDA-MacKay
Trott-Pytlik-Roth
Boudreau-Johnston-Peca
McLean-Dickinson-Watson
Jacklin

O'Rourke-Grima
LeGuerrier-Serensits
Calisti-Holmes
Halushak/Wawrow

Propp-Taylor

Clarke is released in both cases. If Hayton were to come back, you could push all of the centers down (if you had Hayton, SDA, Pytlik down the middle, SSM are favourites in the West), Boudreau can go to the juniors for a year, and Dickinson can move to the 3/4 LW. This is pushing SSM's window forward a year (by trading Carroll, Mufarreh and Kartye to get an OA and an 00' who won't be back next year) to essentially capitalize on Hayton, but it won't really hurt SSM's future too much. The picks are minimal and SSM has a number of forward prospects in the pipeline who can replace Carroll, Mufarreh and Kartye down the line (D'Intino, Parsons, Savard, Chiddenton, Tomasini, Frechette plus potentially Haymes, Miller, Mann and Brown), and will still have a number of younger forwards on their roster (Watson, Dickinson, Kerins, Boudreau). As it stands right now they are going to need to move a couple of forwards just to make everyone fit.

I agree this is the most likely scenario to start the season, but I do not believe Hayton is even a maybe for this roster. I do believe trades will be made very soon.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Nick Malik played last night!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911_201401_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911_201401_com.android.chrome.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 6

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Owen Sound just got a nice return for Andrew MacLean. That's good for us if we look into an Ethan Taylor trade when Malik reports. He's the same age and was quite a bit better than MacLean.

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
Hayton will be back after his 9 games around the same time ( yep I changed my tune) Malik comes.

Why would Hayton be back? I wish it were true, but I see no chance of this happening for the Greyhounds. Almost two points per game last season, AHL is not an option, training all summer in Phoenix with NHL teammates, two roster spots up from grabs, he will likely be moved to the wing, all reports say he is ready to play in the NHL. Top 5 picks are a top 5 pick because they are slated to make an immediate impact. Two additional years in the OHL is simply not going to happen.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I hate to agree but yes I have doubts Hayton will return to the Hounds. So is Nick Malik reporting or not? Lol

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nobody knows the answer yet because even the Coyotes don't know what they're going to do with Hayton. They need to let the preseason and first 9 games play out.

I think Hayton's got a real shot at sticking, but whether or not it happens is going to depend on the next few months more than anything. Good luck Hayton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad