SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Calisti has so far been the surprise of the preseason for me. Holmes and Halushak have looked good. Wouldn't surprise me if Raftis sits on this decision for a while and see how things are looking.
Calisti has so far been the surprise of the preseason for me. Holmes and Halushak have looked good. Wouldn't surprise me if Raftis sits on this decision for a while and see how things are looking.

I don't mind them waiting for a while, but hopefully the situation is addressed eventually. If teams hold their extra OA's into the season then the prices will only go down.

Our forward core is perhaps the best in the West and there's a chance that Propp has a really good season. A defense with 2 rookies and a couple of bubble guys is probably going to be our weak point.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yes it looks like D is our weakness. We are probably fine if our top 4 remain healthy all year. But if one goes down, what do we do?

Reactions: Fischhaber

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
So, following players didn't dress:
Peca
Hayton
Roth
Trott
Pytlik
O'Rourke

And, can you confirm LeGuerrier and Wale both played on the right side (off side?). I thought Holmes liked playing on his off side, so I wonder if he played the right side with LeGuerrier on the left?

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yes it looks like D is our weakness. We are probably fine if our top 4 remain healthy all year. But if one goes down, what do we do?

I'd say it's almost a certainty that they acquire someone like Reilly Webb from Saginaw or Nick Grima from Sarnia. Grima makes more sense from a stylistic standpoint, since Webb is kind of a fridge who is not a particularly amazing player (and I see him and Gilmour getting packaged up together to Peterborough for Merkley or equivalent value).

They'd have to fall in love with C.J. Clarke or the prices would have to be ridiculous for that not to happen. With the amount of forward depth SSM has (especially on the RW, where OA Peca plays as is), I doubt Clarke is worth keeping over a younger player + using up the last OA spot which could go towards someone like Grima. The prices are high for quality OA's right now, but eventually the teams with too many OA's (Mississauga, Saginaw, Sarnia, etc.) are going to need to move out their excess OA's.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I'd say it's almost a certainty that they acquire someone like Reilly Webb from Saginaw or Nick Grima from Sarnia. Grima makes more sense from a stylistic standpoint, since Webb is kind of a fridge who is not a particularly amazing player (and I see him and Gilmour getting packaged up together to Peterborough for Merkley or equivalent value).

They'd have to fall in love with C.J. Clarke or the prices would have to be ridiculous for that not to happen. With the amount of forward depth SSM has (especially on the RW, where OA Peca plays as is), I doubt Clarke is worth keeping over a younger player + using up the last OA spot which could go towards someone like Grima. The prices are high for quality OA's right now, but eventually the teams with too many OA's (Mississauga, Saginaw, Sarnia, etc.) are going to need to move out their excess OA's.

What makes you say that the prices are high? The only deal for a skater so far is Daniel Walker and while that's a serious overpay for a guy worse than CJ Clarke, it hardly sets a trend.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
When you only carry 7 D and 2 G, you are going to have forwards in the press box. Hayton is not here. Once everyone else is returned from NHL camps, if we cut a forward we would have 4 players in the press box (3 F, 1 D). The team likes to carry 24 on the roster, and with Hayton being 50-50 to report at best, I just don't see 2 cuts being made at this point.

Further, they might make no cuts, and continue to try to find a trading partner for our excess forward(s).

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Does anyone know at what time the Greyhounds practice on a daily basis?

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Does anybody know what the condition picks are for Propp
If it is only a 15th round pick North Bay just got schooled by Raftis

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Does anybody know what the condition picks are for Propp
If it is only a 15th round pick North Bay just got schooled by Raftis

The 15th rounder presumably goes to North Bay if Propp doesn't make the team.

Anthony Popovich went for a 3rd and a 5th. Propp is probably a better goaltender, but the former's value will be inflated by his team's playoff success. I expect that we will pay less than that.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018

Anthony Popovich went for a 3rd and a 5th. Propp is probably a better goaltender, but the former's value will be inflated by his team's playoff success. I expect that we will pay less than that.

Why is this such a big secret?

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017

So if he makes the team witch we already know he has what will the picks be ?
It seems like nobody knows what the picks are

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
So if he makes the team witch we already know he has what will the picks be ?
It seems like nobody knows what the picks are

The conditions haven't been met yet, obviously. We rarely know what the trades entail until the conditions are met. That might be after the first game or it might be something else, I'm not sure.

Reactions: soo hound girl

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I suspect it will be after the first game, and I would guess the 15th changes to a fourth round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad