SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
2019-2020 Season stats
I am going to try to keep this updated with our prospects and links to any current season stats that we can find on each. I would like to crowd source this information, so if you find a link to someone's stats please post below and I will update this post with it accordingly.

2003 Prospects
2019, 1st - Holmes, Jacob (D)
2019, 3rd - Boudreau, Marc (F)
2019, 4th - D'Intino, Jordan (F) - Strathroy Rockets (GOJHL)
2019, 5th - Parsons, Owen (F) - Waterloo Wolves Midget AAA (AHMPL)
2019, 6th - Brzustowski, Luc (D) - Kitchener Dutchmen (GOJHL)
2019, 7th - Taylor, Coulter (G) - Upper Canada College (CISAA)
2019, 8th - Haymes, Luke (F) - Ridley College (MPHL)
2019, 9th - Chiddenton, Rhys (F) - Timmins Rock (NOJHL)
2019, 10th - Brown, Hunter (D) - Kemptville 73's Midget AAA (HEOMAAA)
2019, 11th - Savard, Tyler (F) - Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
2019, 12th - DiPasquo, Luca (G) - Honeybaked U16 (HPHL U16)
2019, 13th - Miller, Connor (F) - Honeybaked U16 (HPHL U16)
2019, 14th - DeVries, Luke (D) - Huron Perth Lakers Midget AAA (AHMPL)
2019, 15th - Heroux, Logan (D) - Christian Brothers Academy (USHS-NJ)

2002 Prospects

2018, 1st - O'Rourke, Ryan (D)
2018, 4th - Kerins, Rory (F)
2018, 5th - Watson, Kalvyn (F)
2018, 7th - Mufarreh, Dominic (F)
2018, 7th - McGuire, Cole (D) - Pickering Panthers (OJHL)
2018, 8th - Tomasini, Tyson (F) - Nepean Raiders (CCHL)
2018, 8th - Mann, Nate (F) - Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL)
2018, 9th - Halushak, Matthew (D)
2018, 10th - Parker, Owen (G) - Nichols School (CISAA)
2018, 11th - Brown, Finn (F) - St. Michaels Buzzers (OJHL) - RPI Commit ('21-'22)
2018, 13th - McIntyre, Justin (G) - Jungadler Mannheim U20 (DNL U20)
2018, 14th - Gorton, Jack (F) - Mid-Fairfield Rangers U18 (EHF 18U Elite)
2019I, 1st - Malik, Nick (G) - HC Ocelari Trinec U19 (Czech U19)
2019U, 1st - Frechette, Alexandre (F) - Rockland Nationals (CCHL)
2019U, 2nd - Zeppa, Noah (G) - Chatham Maroons (GOJHL)
2019U, 3rd - Timchenko, Alexander (F) - Sakhalinskiye Akuly (MHL)
FA - Dickinson, Tanner (F)

2001 Prospects
2017, 1st - Fowler, Hayden (F) - traded
2017, 3rd - Calisti, Robert (D)
2017, 4th - Carroll, Joseph (F)
2017, 5th - Beecher, John (F) - Michigan University commit
2017, 5th - MacKay, Cole (F)
2017, 6th - Johnston, Alex (F)
2017, 8th - Kartye, Tye (F)
2017, 9th - Taylor, Ethan (G)
2017, 11th - Seguin, Kobe (D) - Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
2017, 12th - Dreger, Mason (F)
2017, 13th - McMahon, Zackery (D)
2017, 14th - Letto, Paul (D) - New Jersey Rockets (NCDC)
2017, 15th - Porter, Owen (G) - Brampton Bombers (GOJHL)
2017, 15th - McLean, Cullen (F)
2018, 12th - Caufield, Cole (F) - Wisconsin Badgers Commit
2018I, 2nd - Pytlik, Jaromir (F)

Note on junior leagues:
BCHL, CCHL, NOJHL, OJHL, SIJHL are Junior A leagues.
PJHL, GOJHL are Junior B leagues.
Tier 1 in the US is called USHL. HPHL is not junior - it's midget.

Here is our approximate depth Chart by position.

LWCRWLDRDG
Trott L (00)Hayton L (00)MacKay R (01)LeGuerrier L (00)Constantinou R (01)Propp (99)
Carroll L (01)Pytlik R (01)Peca R (99)O'Rourke L (02)Wawrow R (01)Taylor, E 33 (01)
Kartye L (01)Kerins L (02)Watson R (02)Wale L (00)Holmes L (03)
Boudreau L (03)Dickinson L (02)Mufarreh R (02)Calisti L (01)
McLean L (01)Johnston L (01)Halushak L (02)
Savard L (03)D'Intino L (03)Parsons R (03)Brzustowski L (03)Brown, H R (03)Malik (02)
Chiddenton L (03)Haymes L (03)Brown, F R (02)DeVries L (03)Heroux R (03)Taylor, C (03)
Mann L (02)Tomasini R (02)Gorton R (02)McGuire L (02)DiPasquo (03)
Timchenko L (02)Caufield R (01)Zeppa (02)
Frechette L (02)Parker (02)
Miller R (03)McIntyre (02)
Beecher L (01)DeRidder (00)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-2019 Season stats - See Old Prospects Thread, post #2

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It would appear that the overage goaltender change was not made for this season. The OHL released a list of their changes after the GM meetings and it was limited to award name changes and enhanced video review.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think SSM should seriously consider at least an SDA for Carroll swap if it can happen. Merkley may not be worth it due to the character issues. After all, there is an open OA spot that can be used to get another top 4 defenseman into the mix for pretty cheap (even though ideally you get two). However SDA would give the team a strong 1-2 punch down the middle next year for a price that I think is very manageable for a team with a ton of solid, younger depth guys who are about as good as Carroll right now.

Trott-SDA-Roth
Kerins-Pytlik-MacKay
Kartye-Dickinson-Peca
Boudreau-Johnston-Watson
Mufarreh/McLean/Jacklin

O'Rourke-OA
LeGuerrier-Holmes
Wale-Wawrow
Calisti

Propp-Taylor

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyPops

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
I think SSM should seriously consider at least an SDA for Carroll swap if it can happen. Merkley may not be worth it due to the character issues. After all, there is an open OA spot that can be used to get another top 4 defenseman into the mix for pretty cheap (even though ideally you get two). However SDA would give the team a strong 1-2 punch down the middle next year for a price that I think is very manageable for a team with a ton of solid, younger depth guys who are about as good as Carroll right now.

Trott-SDA-Roth
Kerins-Pytlik-MacKay
Kartye-Dickinson-Peca
Boudreau-Johnston-Watson
Mufarreh/McLean/Jacklin

O'Rourke-OA
LeGuerrier-Holmes
Wale-Wawrow
Calisti

Propp-Taylor

Still don't like the idea of trading Carroll, but this line up has the potiental for a lot of points from both the offense and defense (one pinching defensemen and one stay at home on each line). It also allows for fast paced puck possession Greyhounds Hockey.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018

Trott-SDA-Roth
Kerins-Pytlik-MacKay
Kartye-Dickinson-Peca
Boudreau-Johnston-Watson
Mufarreh/McLean/Jacklin

O'Rourke-OA
LeGuerrier-Holmes
Wale-Wawrow
Calisti

Propp-Taylor
I don’t hate what you’ve done here as well. However, the easy part is to continue to list O/A on defense. The hard part is to obtain that player. I think that you’ll see Mufarreh or Watson need to be part of a deal to obtain a first line O/A defender. My guess would be Mufarreh is going to be on the outside looking in.
You may find a player or two that play themselves onto this roster out of camp and help make this move easier.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Still don't like the idea of trading Carroll, but this line up has the potiental for a lot of points from both the offense and defense (one pinching defensemen and one stay at home on each line). It also allows for fast paced puck possession Greyhounds Hockey.

I do not see him as a monumental loss. I do not think Carroll does more than be a solid top 6 winger who can compliment someone like Pytlik next year, and you have a ton of players ready to do that, or you can acquire someone for a lot less to do it. You do not have anyone who can do what SDA could potentially do next year outside of Pytlik, but having two high end centers would go a long way to a good playoff run next year.

Secondly, it gives Kerins an opportunity to grow with the minutes Carroll would have received. If he follows up his rookie year, the guy could be considered a 1st round talent, but he needs the ice time.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I don’t hate what you’ve done here as well. However, the easy part is to continue to list O/A on defense. The hard part is to obtain that player. I think that you’ll see Mufarreh or Watson need to be part of a deal to obtain a first line O/A defender. My guess would be Mufarreh is going to be on the outside looking in.
You may find a player or two that play themselves onto this roster out of camp and help make this move easier.

I do not see that as a huge loss either. As it stands right now, as you said, one of them are going to be on the outside looking in. Sure they are young and somewhat good, but I did not even mention a fair number of 02' prospects who could easily be as good (Finn Brown, Tyson Tomasini, Nate Mann and Alex Frechette). SSM is not short on quality young talent.

OA defensemen are also not super expensive, even top pairing ones. As of right now, two guys off of the top of my head who could likely be available are RD Nick Grima from Sarnia (Sarnia currently has 6 OHL quality OA's to figure out so they'll need to make some trades) and RD Reilly Webb from Saginaw (Saginaw has 5 OA's and he's been rumoured to be one of the guys on the way out even though Saginaw lacks quality RD). They are not elite defensemen by any means, but I think they'd be capable of complimenting O'Rourke quite nicely and you could probably get either for around Watson/Mufarreh, a 3rd and a 5th.

The OA market is typically a buyers market because there are more good guys out there than spots that can be filled.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
I do not see that as a huge loss either. As it stands right now, as you said, one of them are going to be on the outside looking in. Sure they are young and somewhat good, but I did not even mention a fair number of 02' prospects who could easily be as good (Finn Brown, Tyson Tomasini, Nate Mann and Alex Frechette). SSM is not short on quality young talent.

OA defensemen are also not super expensive, even top pairing ones. As of right now, two guys off of the top of my head who could likely be available are RD Nick Grima from Sarnia (Sarnia currently has 6 OHL quality OA's to figure out so they'll need to make some trades) and RD Reilly Webb from Saginaw (Saginaw has 5 OA's and he's been rumoured to be one of the guys on the way out even though Saginaw lacks quality RD). They are not elite defensemen by any means, but I think they'd be capable of complimenting O'Rourke quite nicely and you could probably get either for around Watson/Mufarreh, a 3rd and a 5th.

The OA market is typically a buyers market because there are more good guys out there than spots that can be filled.
I agree completely. There are plenty of 2002 births that may factor in this year based on their training camp. I believe Mufarreh/Watson (more so Mufarreh) coupled with a mid-round pick would land a more than reasonable return. The price would be easily mitigated by any of the 2002’s you listed above.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
While we are waiting for the Training Camp roster, here is an article by Brock Otten:
Finn Brown - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Brown was a standout for the St. Michael's Buzzers of the OJHL last year (along with former Marlboros teammate Ryan Alexander), finishing 3rd in points among U17 players in the league. The massive 6'4 winger was recently named to Canada East's selection Camp for the World Junior A Challenge, which suggests to me that he's focused on returning to the OJHL next year and not to SSM. But his presence in the Soo would really give them a lift.
Scouting Report: "Brown can be a very effective player in the offensive zone with good finishing ability and vision."
Tanner Dickinson - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
A free agent signing by the Greyhounds this offseason (de-committing from Ohio State), Dickinson enters the OHL with a little bit of hype. The 6'0 forward was a standout for the Belle Tire program last year and even suited up in the USHL for 8 games with Green Bay. The hope is that he can come into camp and jump into the top 9 for a team that needs some forwards to really step up offensively this year.
Scouting Report: "Speedy forward who can beat defenders out wide and has a lot of confidence with the puck on his stick. Has a very quick release on his shot too."
Kalvyn Watson - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Undersized forward who has already committed to the Greyhounds after playing one game with the team last year. Spent the rest of the year with Lindsay of the OJHL, where he nearly led the team in scoring (one point off). He will be in the mix for a spot on the team's 3rd or 4th line.
Scouting Report: "A high IQ distributor who can play with pace or slow the game down. Confident with the puck, Watson is also a strong skater."

OHL Prospects: Sunday Top 10 - Unheralded Rookies Who Could Make an Impact in 2019-2020

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
This is insane with the roster...

Anyways OA CJ Clarke is in town.

Was told we have quite a few big defensemen at camp and young as well.

A lot of goalies, in the 6/7 range.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Public relations has been a joke... But something has got to give. There has got to be a reason as to why they haven't released it AT ALL.

Ill be honest I don't know.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Anyways OA CJ Clarke is in town.
Ya I saw your tweet. That's bizarre to me. We already have too many signed forwards even without Hayton. Assuming he performs well, do we even want to burn our last OA spot on a F, knowing the big ? we have on defense.

He would have to knock it out of the park for me to even consider it.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Was told we have quite a few big defensemen at camp and young as well.
I expect all the 2003s there:
Holmes 6'1"
Brzustowski 5'11"
Brown 6'1"
DeVries 5'9"
Heroux 6'1"

Hopefully all the 2002s as well
O'Rourke 6'2"
Halushak 6'3"
McGuire 5'10"

A lot of goalies, in the 6/7 range.
Can't imagine Parker is here.
Propp '99
Taylor, E '01
McIntyre '02
Zeppa '02
Di Pasquo '03
Taylor, C '03

No idea who the 7th would be. A free agent?

Last edited:

PacoSanchez15

Aug 27, 2008
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Holmes 6'1"
Brzustowski 5'11"
Brown 6'1"
DeVries 5'9"
Heroux 6'1"

O'Rourke 6'2"
Halushak 6'3"
McGuire 5'10"

Propp '99
Taylor, E '00
McIntyre '02
Zeppa '02
Di Pasquo '03
Taylor, C '03

Owen Parker looks to be playing for a prep school in the States this year so I think you can pretty much rule him out.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The team's media department hasn't received a roster from the management and that's why it isn't on the website. That's all I could find out from a couple of friends.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Holmes 6'1"
Brzustowski 5'11"
Brown 6'1"
DeVries 5'9"
Heroux 6'1"

O'Rourke 6'2"
Halushak 6'3"
McGuire 5'10"

Propp '99
Taylor, E '00
McIntyre '02
Zeppa '02
Di Pasquo '03
Taylor, C '03

Ethan Taylor is 2001 :)

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Team White
Propp, Christian 35 G
Taylor, Coulter 31 G
Jacklin, Brett 19 F
MacKay, Cole 24 F
McLean, Cullen 14 F
Boudreau,Marc 18 doesnt have a number on his helmet
3? D
Chiddenton, Rhys 27
Wawrow, Drew 8
Halushak, Matthew 5
McGlade 25 F has #16 on his helmet
Seguin, Kobe 6
Calisti, Robert 9
D'Intino, Jordan 21
Mills 20 F
Miller, Connor 23
DeVries, Luke 10
Sparkes 28 F

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Team Red
Casasanta 17 F
Carr 9 D
Marcellitti 10 D
Taylor E 33 G
Heaslip 30 G
Carroll 19 F
Peca 20 F
Haymes 15
Wale 5
Roth 27
O'Rourke 21
Clarke 12 F
Watson 28
Savard 13
McGuire 6
Heroux 8
Dickinson 14
Dennison 18 F

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoSanchez15

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I’m going to try to catch the 11:00 scrimmage. I’m excited to see Holmes, Pytlik and O’rourke. I expect Legerrier will be in the best shape of his life heading to the Habs camp.

Any word on if Mackay or Carroll have NHL invites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad