SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Another preseason win in the books, 5-2 over Sarnia. Jaden Peca had 2 goals and Tye Kartye had 3 points. Marc Boudreau also had his first goal.

Ethan Taylor didn't allow a goal during the course of play but did let in 2 penalty shots.

Holden Wale didn't play but it appears that everyone else did.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
Another preseason win in the books, 5-2 over Sarnia. Jaden Peca had 2 goals and Tye Kartye had 3 points. Marc Boudreau also had his first goal.

Ethan Taylor didn't allow a goal during the course of play but did let in 2 penalty shots.

Holden Wale didn't play but it appears that everyone else did.

From what I heard they played like crap hit managed to win

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
Questions I have

Why is Jacklin still on this team a game like this he should have had points

Where was Wale why wasnt he playing?

Clarke wasnt mentioned either very much so I think he's done

Note - The hounds think very highly of Watson

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Aside from O'Rourke, our defense comprised of Calisti, Wawrow, Holmes, Halushak, and Jacklin. To hold the Sting scoreless through the course of play with that d corps is pretty impressive.

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
Questions I have

Why is Jacklin still on this team a game like this he should have had points

Where was Wale why wasnt he playing?

Clarke wasnt mentioned either very much so I think he's done

Note - The hounds think very highly of Watson

I have a friend in Sarnia who watched the game. He said bad ice and extremely sloppy play by both teams. Greyhounds scored off a skate, a sarnia player's back, a loose puck tap in, an empty net, with one okay wrister on a powerplay. Sarnia was worse, they had very few scoring chances beyond the two penalty shots for their two goals. My reply was, sounds like exhibition hockey.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Au contraire, pretty good attendance for an exhibition game in a rink that only holds 2400. In order to get a team they first need a new rink, so the ice conditions in their current rink mean nothing. I would say last night's experiment did nothing to dampen their enthusiasm for the idea in Chatham.

mt99808

Oct 21, 2010
How many people would show up at a preseason game in the Soo between Sudbury and Windsor?

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Oh sorry i thought you meant sudbury playing the sault in the sault....more like 100 people then...comprised 90 percent of family and friends of player!

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
If he comes, its not for a vacation.

He made a IG post thanking both his HC for options and his "patri" for helping with decisions.

We shall see...

Edit : patri was not a message about his dad but about his team's trusting him from here on out etc. Etc ... I really think he's coming

Last edited:
Reactions: Houndzfan

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Yes, not an ideal time to vacation in SSM...I was more inquiring about a visit to SSM to check out the team and talk to the Greyhound brass, not necessarily to report.

His father visited the Soo in July so maybe he's coming to check it out for himself.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
His father visited the Soo in July so maybe he's coming to check it out for himself.

After he thanks his team? Trust him he will return after his vacation? Hahahaha !!

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_120157.jpg
    IMG_20190914_120157.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
After he thanks his team? Trust him he will return after his vacation? Hahahaha !!

I'm not doubting that he is coming. I just didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

It will be interesting to see what we do if we end up with 3 goalies. Ethan Taylor has almost exactly the same stats and games played as Christian Purboo but he is a year younger but we have missed the boat on the goalie market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad