SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Montreal is in no rush to sign LeGuerrier. They have his rights until summer 2021. It is quite likely that he is back next season.

It really depends on the role they have for him on Laval next year. Montreal is more aggressive with their prospects so they may bring him in early if there is room for him.

SSM could just keep the same 8 guys on the team next year. They don't really have any prospects really pushing for a job next year, so unless they draft an 04', they don't really need to open up spots for anyone. I would personally try to get a 2nd rounder and try to draft a defenseman around there. Nelson is the only high end defenseman in this class, but there are ton of good consolation prizes to be had in the late 1st and into the 2nd round who could be the next top guy on this team.

Reactions: HockeyPops

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
K so let’s say Malik shows up ... so we do any trades???

They'll sell off unless they start winning games, regardless of whether Malik shows up or not.

Although they don't really have a ton to sell unless they just don't like a guy or want to give a younger guy an opportunity higher up in the lineup. The only key guy they are at risk of losing next year (besides their OA's) is Pytlik since he may end up in the AHL.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Can he? If he's drafted from the Hounds he should be in the same boat as Hayton. I don't think he's on loan. It will be either Hounds or NHL no?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I went looking for other examples of 19 year olds that stuck in the NHL with this type of light usage to start the season (14 GP by Dec. 10). I couldn't find any. Then I went looking for players with this type of light usage who were eventually sent down. I finally gave up that search too.

First round draft picks play. Somewhere. Without exception. Until now.

#FreeHayton

I'm ok with stretching out the first 10 games by sitting the player 6 or 7 times, but they made their decision and they now need to play him at the NHL level. Everyone can agree that sitting in the press box does not help him.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
They'll sell off unless they start winning games, regardless of whether Malik shows up or not.

Although they don't really have a ton to sell unless they just don't like a guy or want to give a younger guy an opportunity higher up in the lineup. The only key guy they are at risk of losing next year (besides their OA's) is Pytlik since he may end up in the AHL.

Pytlik can not play in the AHL next season.

Reactions: soo hound girl

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Sudbury looks like an entirely different team without Byfield. He's an incredible player, probably the best in the league unless Hayton returns.

Reactions: howlman

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
How good would Warwow look in a Wolves jersey tonight they are playing with 2 forwards playing D great trade by Raftis

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I like McKay’s game lately. Taking some risks to create offence, but making it count!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
We're only 6 points away from the division lead now.

Flint has really faded after their hot start and have given up more than 5 goals per game in their last 10. Bad habits from past seasons are still present in their game.

Saginaw has floundered all year much like we have. They haven't made that addition on the blueline that they so desperately need, but that may change by the deadline. I think Lennox plays better if they put some talent in front of him.

I think Windsor is the team that will be difficult to catch. They have some goaltending issues, but they are putting up a good number of goals and playing great team defense. I have come away impressed in all my viewings of their team.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
We're only 6 points away from the division lead now.

Flint has really faded after their hot start and have given up more than 5 goals per game in their last 10. Bad habits from past seasons are still present in their game.

Saginaw has floundered all year much like we have. They haven't made that addition on the blueline that they so desperately need, but that may change by the deadline. I think Lennox plays better if they put some talent in front of him.

I think Windsor is the team that will be difficult to catch. They have some goaltending issues, but they are putting up a good number of goals and playing great team defense. I have come away impressed in all my viewings of their team.

Appreciate what you say about Windsor, key factor may be and I know you have to win them is that Windsor has 6 games in hand on the Sault,and 4 on everybody in the conference except for Guelph, London and Kitchener where they have 3 in hand on those 3.

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
Appreciate what you say about Windsor, key factor may be and I know you have to win them is that Windsor has 6 games in hand on the Sault,and 4 on everybody in the conference except for Guelph, London and Kitchener where they have 3 in hand on those 3.
The Hounds may still shock the world.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't think it will be shock - nobody predicted them to be last in the conference so if the finished between 4th to 6th no shock here. If they finished 1st in the conference them that would turn some heads.
Whoever finishes first in the conference should turn heads. This conference is so tight, 90 points and first place in the west represents a much more consistent on ice product than 105 points and first in the east. IMO.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hayton Watch
“I still believe it’s better up here,” Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet said. “It’s better for him to be up here learning and developing than to go back to junior. That’s what our philosophy is for this year. I thought he did a nice job to make our team and solidifying a spot, but now it’s about trying to keep this development going because he’s a very prized prospect and player for us.”

Odd man out: Playing time has been scarce for Arizona Coyotes rookie Barrett Hayton

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I don't think I've ever seen a coach suggest practicing is better than playing. What a dud organization. 19 year olds need to play to develop. Keep him by all means, but not to be a healthy scratch all year.

Reactions: BehindSooNet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad