Sony PS5 2

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I love destruction all stars. It feels old school (other than the dumb modern quirky mascots).

And because it's only on PS5 (and probably due to the smaller arenas) it literally takes like 5 seconds to find a match and another 5 seconds to start the game. It's also a great demonstration of the PS5 controllers chat abilities. Everyone has their mic on by default.

I do want to say, some of these "diverse" characters are borderline offensive.

:facepalm:

Reactions: Khelandros

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Sony putting Control Ultimate Edition up as a PSN plus free game the same week it releases is pretty shady considering they've been allowing pre-orders of the game on their store for MONTHS.

They should refund those pre-orders, IMO.

Reactions: Declassified

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The latter.
Why the facepalm when you don't even know what specific thing I take issue with? Is there really no line at all when it comes to depicting different races or cultures?

Just curious on your POV, as I really don't consider myself PC at all. Trust me, you might actually be offended by some of my beliefs.

Ftr harmony and muna are the characters I was thrown off by if you've played the game.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sony just bought 2% of FromSoftware's parent company, no idea what that means. Possibly some more timed exclusives.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’ve been in a lull of being interested in games lately but this free game Control for PS5 this month I’m really liking after about an hour of gameplay. Definitely gonna keep playing.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I find the story pretty interesting and the combat is pretty fun. I’m content.
Just beat the story (will probably wrap up side missions and the DLC). Good game (amazing for a free PS Plus game day of release), maybe tries a little hard to be X-Files meets David Lynch (video games rarely pull off the story as well as the one they are inspired by). The mapping drove me a bit nuts at times, but the gameplay in performance mode was great, and it also looks unreal if you run it in graphics.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Just beat the story (will probably wrap up side missions and the DLC). Good game (amazing for a free PS Plus game day of release), maybe tries a little hard to be X-Files meets David Lynch (video games rarely pull off the story as well as the one they are inspired by). The mapping drove me a bit nuts at times, but the gameplay in performance mode was great, and it also looks unreal if you run it in graphics.

I actually liked how you could walk around with the map fully up and your indicator moved with it.

I’m up to the point where I find to find black rock processing or something like that. I still need to switch to graphics mode and give it a try.

I agree with the story comparison but I’m not too critical with video game stories, it seems like a refreshing take to me for a game (Although I probably don’t play nearly as many games as others)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I actually liked how you could walk around with the map fully up and your indicator moved with it.

I’m up to the point where I find to find black rock processing or something like that. I still need to switch to graphics mode and give it a try.

I agree with the story comparison but I’m not too critical with video game stories, it seems like a refreshing take to me for a game (Although I probably don’t play nearly as many games as others)
I just sort of wish you could have a marker on screen a bit like God of War or Horizon to lead you in the right direction. Sometimes you were right above something but didn't realize due to the leveling of the map. Either way, solid game.

Not trying to be overly critical of the story. I like David Lynch or David Cronenberg stuff. Just a general comment about games in general rarely matching what they are inspired by (and to expect a game studio to write something on par with iconic films is a ridiculous ask).

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I think I finally got one ordered today thru gamestop, should get it middle to late next week, they were only doing bundles of course and I really didn't want NBA 2K but they are generally pretty decent games so maybe I'll keep it

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Why are official accessories so hard to come by? I’d kinda like the media remote and controller charger, but can’t find them anywhere.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Why are official accessories so hard to come by? I’d kinda like the media remote and controller charger, but can’t find them anywhere.
Surprisingly it's always in stock in Canada. I think Amazon.com has it in the States but those look like re-sellers marking up the price.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Surprisingly it's always in stock in Canada. I think Amazon.com has it in the States but those look like re-sellers marking up the price.
I had to wait 3 weeks after ordering the 3d headphones from BestBuy. Some places are selling advanced stock.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Having a hard time understanding the bundles, ArcSys didn't bother including a PS4/PS5 of any edition type? I only ask because I'll prob not see my PS5 until June and I'd obviously pre-order the game and play at launch

I know that if you have a digital PS4 version you can upgrade for free on PS5. Physical I'm not sure, though other games have been doing it without trouble (Nioh 2 and Ryza 2 recently.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad