Sony PS5 2

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man the PS5 "backward compatibility" is not complete. I've already encountered 2 games they have on PS Now (The Surge 1 and Ape Escape 2) that are unplayably broken.

Much respect to Microsoft for having polished backwards compatibility.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The 360 not having any issues is definitely the big surprise in your list. I’m not far off. My only failure was my 360 had the “no disk” error after about 18 months, but Microsoft refused to fix those, despite being fairly common. You could take it apart and clean up the disc drive motor to fix it, but it was so cheap to buy the base 360 at the time, and then swap the hard drive over, so I ended up just selling it for $50 to a friend. And that next 360 is still working 12 years later. Otherwise, I’ve had no issues whatsoever with my NES, N64, PS2 (fat and slim), PS3 (60gb and slim), PS4, XBOne, and now PS5. I’d include my Wii U and Switch in that list, but they’ve probably got less than 10 hours on them combined (I really need to stop buying Nintendo consoles).

I think some people forced the red ring issue for these by overheating it, lol. My PS2 and PS3 both suffered from disc drive issues and that sucked before we were able to download games like now. My 360 got the red rings but they replaced it within 3 weeks. MSFT spent something like 1 billion fixing red ring consoles, insane and I give them credit for that.

My other Xbox's have been great, no issues. Some of this hardware is going to have a minimal failure rate but hopefully nothing like before. The worst thing while waiting for a fix is having no system.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Worms rumble feels like a browser based online game or one of those free games from 2008 that you install and give you a virus....but in a good way.

In all seriousness I like the game a lot but I can't figure out how to turn off the adaptive triggers. For the automatic weapons it's great but it sucks for weapons need the trigger pulled everytime

Also the rare guns are absolutely awful. The common weapons do more damage and gave better aim.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m already bumping up against my storage cap. I need to offload my ps4 games to external while waiting on the internal upgrade to become available. Is there any benefit to SSD for external? I know I still can’t move my ps5 stuff over. But does it help for PS4?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Immortals Fenyx Rising is on sale right now at Walmart and Amazon for those curious about trying the game out. $30 USD currently.
Amazon has a 1-2 month wait on shipping though.

I keep hearing that it's actually a great game so I'm going to go pick up a copy later from the Walmart near me.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Immortals Fenyx Rising is on sale right now at Walmart and Amazon for those curious about trying the game out. $30 USD currently.
Amazon has a 1-2 month wait on shipping though.

I keep hearing that it's actually a great game so I'm going to go pick up a copy later from the Walmart near me.

It's $30 at basically every retailer right now last I checked. I've been considering it but idk I havent heard much about it

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
It's $30 at basically every retailer right now last I checked. I've been considering it but idk I havent heard much about it
From my understanding it is similar to Breath of the Wild if you have a Switch and played it, or have just seen some gameplay on it. It has a better story and weapons don't break. This has been what I've seen the most said about the game. I haven't seen any real complaints. It's mostly been a bit of actual pure surprise that the game was actually good. It seems most people were expecting it to be pretty bad, but ended up being pretty good.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Luckily enough got one at the last best buy drop. Picking up Friday. Still debating what to play. Will be getting Tem Tem. I wanted to play Spiderman but worry about the issues that it has on the PS5.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Luckily enough got one at the last best buy drop. Picking up Friday. Still debating what to play. Will be getting Tem Tem. I wanted to play Spiderman but worry about the issues that it has on the PS5.

I didn't have any issues at all during my playthrough of spiderman on the PS5. I wouldn't worry about that stuff I'd guess a lot of it is patched by now. If you're talking about Miles Morales you should definitely play it on the PS5 it's awesome

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I didn't have any issues at all during my playthrough of spiderman on the PS5. I wouldn't worry about that stuff I'd guess a lot of it is patched by now. If you're talking about Miles Morales you should definitely play it on the PS5 it's awesome
Thanks! I only heard about the early issues. It was 100% on my list of games to play. Everyone says how great the game is.

I never got around to the latest GOW so maybe Ill try that out since I get it for free.

Reactions: Kcb12345

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I been meaning to say, can anyone confirm that the ps5 actually supports gigabit over its ethernet port? When I do a speedtest I only get around 350 Mbps. I dragged my PC up to plug it in and test and it gets the full gigabit speed. Wonder if maybe it's just a flaw in the built in speed test.

I know the specs say it supports gigabit over ethernet but you can never be sure.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I been meaning to say, can anyone confirm that the ps5 actually supports gigabit over its ethernet port? When I do a speedtest I only get around 350 Mbps. I dragged my PC up to plug it in and test and it gets the full gigabit speed. Wonder if maybe it's just a flaw in the built in speed test.

I know the specs say it supports gigabit over ethernet but you can never be sure.

Not sure about the PS5 but the built-in speed test on PS4 was always sketchy slow. Even just using the PS4 web browser and going to any of the various speed test websites is more accurate.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Trying the HotStock app, seems a bit late in telling you when a drop is live. I do like having buttons that take me directly to the product page in that specific store. I got my CC info loaded into the various apps, so I'm ready whenever the stars align and I can add to cart.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I love destruction all stars. It feels old school (other than the dumb modern quirky mascots).

And because it's only on PS5 (and probably due to the smaller arenas) it literally takes like 5 seconds to find a match and another 5 seconds to start the game. It's also a great demonstration of the PS5 controllers chat abilities. Everyone has their mic on by default.

I do want to say, some of these "diverse" characters are borderline offensive.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad