Confirmed with Link: Soderbergs rights traded for 2016 6th to Colorado

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
That's just it; good hockey minds discerned that last year's product was not built to go the distance and should have been selling. Instead, our braintrust gambled (again) and came up empty in a big way (again) putting us even further behind the 8 ball such that we're sitting here congratulating ourselves that we got "at least something" for Soda. This organization is a train wreck.

Put me down as "not expecting much" of a turnaround from Donny or the drafters for several years, while we watch Z decay and lose Lucic; can't wait to see what we get for him. (snicker)

Org is definitely not in a good place but Soda still being here this morning was a product of the prior watch. Your criticism of that watch is fair. Unfortunately some of what is going to transpire this season is a direct byproduct of the prior GM bending this team over the barrel. The cleanup isn't going to fun - case in point today. But I do think it's a little too early to shred the new GM who is going to spend much of his time this offseason (and probably next) cleaning up an utter mess.

Sweeney may bomb as GM. Who knows. My opinion is that he won't - but it's just my opinion. Guy didn't seem too keen on trading Seguin, he's a big Spooner fan, big time advocate of player development and patience.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
So the deal really is Soderberg and Caron for Max Talbot and Paul Carey.

Awesome deal!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

johpers

Aug 20, 2003
Sverige
Visit site
Soderberg is an offensive player. He has´nt been able to play that role in Boston. Everybody knows that Boston is a defensive team, and that environment has beeen deadly dull for a creative and smart player as Soderberg which did´nt suite him very well. I think he will do much better in Colorado and I am sure he will produce significantly more points if Colorado will give him an offensive role. I would say he is worth 2-3 million in Boston and in more offensive teams 4-5 million.

Colorado gave back Boston´s sixth round in 2016 to get the rights to Soderberg. According to Mike Chambers at the Denver Post Colorado do not feel they can afford to sign a new contract with the center Ryan O'Reilly, a player general manager Joe Sakic will do everything to sell. O'Reilly has a year left on his contract with Colorado and he has been on a collision course with the team managers and have a couple of really tough contract negotiations behind him earlier.

Last edited:

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
If we trade ROR, Soda would probably slide in his spot centering Landy and MacK(Until he's ready to play C). Do you think Soda can center those guys?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So the deal really is Soderberg and Caron for Max Talbot and Paul Carey.

Awesome deal!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Or we could call it Toivonen and Caron for Talbot and Carey (whose a Group VI UFA)

Heck let's just call it a 2002 1st rounder + a 2009 1st rounder for Talbot if Carey isn't re-signed.

Feel better now. ;)

HanktheHammer*

I called this deal weeks ago though I predicted a 5th rounder. Glad Sweeney got something for him before he walks. I blame Chiapet for not trading him sooner for a better return.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
A 6th rounder in a terrible draft like 2016 is pretty much nothing. But the biggest issues, Hamilton still isn't signed, we haven't improved our draft picks, we're still getting ****ed by the cap and Kelly is still a Bruin. If Sweeney doesn't complete major trades and picks like a moron tonight, we're screwed for the next decade.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Soderberg is an offensive player. He has´nt been able to play that role in Boston. Everybody knows that Boston is a defensive team, and that environment has beeen deadly dull for a creative and smart player as Soderberg which did´nt suite him very well. I think he will do much better in Colorado and I am sure he will produce significantly more points if Colorado will give him an offensive role. I would say he is worth 2-3 million in Boston and in more offensive teams 4-5 million.

Colorado gave back Boston´s sixth round in 2016 to get the rights to Soderberg. According to Mike Chambers at the Denver Post Colorado do not feel they can afford to sign a new contract with the center Ryan O'Reilly, a player general manager Joe Sakic will do everything to sell. O'Reilly has a year left on his contract with Colorado and he has been on a collision course with the team managers and have a couple of really tough contract negotiations behind him earlier.

The myth continues. Bruins were 3rd in the NHL in scoring in Soderberg's first year but slipped to 18th last year with the loss of Iginla and injuries to Krejci and Chara. The better argument is that he was injured last year and partially dragged down by a non transitional young defense and a winger like Chris Kelly.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
A 6th rounder in a terrible draft like 2016 is pretty much nothing. But the biggest issues, Hamilton still isn't signed, we haven't improved our draft picks, we're still getting ****ed by the cap and Kelly is still a Bruin. If Sweeney doesn't complete major trades and picks like a moron tonight, we're screwed for the next decade.

#thankschiarelli

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Moulson signed for 25M/5y last off-season. Yeti is better at a lower Cap hit. Good deal for Colorado. They can now trade ROR and get a huge return and still have great depth at C:

Duchene-Mackinnon-Yeti

Its still nearly 5M for someone who is at best an, elite 3C.

People get overpaid in UFA, its nothing new, just always surprises me lol.

Moulson also has +.10 PPG over an additional almost 300 games over Soda.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Its still nearly 5M for someone who is at best an, elite 3C.

People get overpaid in UFA, its nothing new, just always surprises me lol.

Moulson also has +.10 PPG over an additional almost 300 games over Soda.

Well, with elite 1st liners now looking for 10.5M, ~5M is now the going rate for elite 3rd liners/good 2nd liners.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
Moulson signed for 25M/5y last off-season. Yeti is better at a lower Cap hit. Good deal for Colorado. They can now trade ROR and get a huge return and still have great depth at C:

Duchene-Mackinnon-Yeti

Moulson > Soderberg

Funny how Soderberg and Smith had identical years. Quick flash followed by long droughts and inconsistent play.

Yet people are complaining about losing the older, more expensive of the 2... especially given we have a younger, cheaper, FAR better in house replacement

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00