Confirmed with Link: Soderbergs rights traded for 2016 6th to Colorado

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins fans - quick assessment on Soderberg? Seems more like a good #3 center who can fill in on a second line than a true #2 center to me but what are your thoughts?

He can fill in on the 2nd line just don't expect him to score or get points

He is an elite 3rd line center though if you give him one good winger aka Loui like here in Boston

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
he should've won a cup if clode played him over casper the ****ing dog man

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
For a deal to be made long before that.

Sweeney was announced about 40 days ago. If you think deal was gonna be better then, I think you're wrong.

Plus it was a hell of a lot more complicated then because Sweeney would have had to be matchmaker. At least today they could determine how many teams were interested to know if there was a deal to be had.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Disappointed we couldn't get a pick this year. Really would love to get even a few more 7th round picks, the draft is so deep

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
While I a fan, I don't think they'll find a better replacement.

I just don't see how this team improves.
What a mess.

Soderberg was a no show in the 13-14 playoffs his play dropped off this past season he was awful when krejci went down and had to be out 2nd line center he proved he is a high end 3rd line player nothing more

It's time to move on and gives Ryan a chance who has the potential to be more than just a 3rd Line center I have a lot of confidence that Spooner can give us 45 points a year which is what Carl was and he will do it for cheaper

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was a solid run, Yeti.

Like previously mentioned....if it was only him and not Daugavins

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
He can fill in on the 2nd line just don't expect him to score or get points

He is an elite 3rd line center though if you give him one good winger aka Loui like here in Boston

He doesn't need Loui to excell excell, he proved that in Sweden many, many times, all he needs is icetime.

Funny with people viewing Yeti as a third line center, I can buy into this **** if we agree upon him being the best third line center in the world. Didn't know Bruins fans having such a short memory and lack of respect

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Funny with people viewing Yeti as a third line center, I can buy into this **** if we agree upon him being the best third line center in the world. Didn't know Bruins fans having such a short memory and lack of respect

Look at his numbers when he was slotted as the Bruins 2nd line center

He played at about a 25 point pace over 82 games if u average it out

Meanwhile when he was the 3rd line center he played at about 60 point pace

Also his production basically dropped in half when Loui wasn't on th ice

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

3rd line center is a compliment,considering his 18 points in his last 40 games.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I like him.

Is he an upgrade, though?

Honestly no question he's an upgrade in my mind. Spooner did more in the last 20 games of the season than Carl did the last 50. And I'm not just talking points. Spooner revitalized the PP once he got here, Soderberg dragged it down all year and accomplished very little. I suppose it's not all his fault Julien continued to send him out there on the PP.

But I admit I'm bias. Was never a big fan of Carl, liked his first year here, thought he played like a 4th line center from January onward this past season.

Even if Spooner was a slight downgrade how can this team justify paying a 3rd line center 4-5 million per.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Loooong stretches of suck! Was it the rib? Was it the tougher matchups? A combination? Colorado will find out.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Good job Sweeney. Pisses me off at Chia more for not getting a 1st or a second for him at TDL though.

Don't know how he will fit in at the Avs but fingers crossed it all works out for him. Bs know his weakness on the ice and will play to our advantage against them I guess!

Ill miss the Yeti he was a good Bruin for us for the short time he was here, thankyou :)

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
3rd line center is a compliment,considering his 18 points in his last 40 games.

You loved Yeti as a Bruin, now he suddenly is crap?

The entire Boston Bruins was underachieving but perhaps you blame him for the team collapsing?

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

He thrived at 3C, but was completely shut down against better opposition. Couldn't elevate his game in time of need. Very good player for what he is, don't expect him to be some Malkin lite.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I don't think it's a knock on him at all to call him a very good 3rd line center. The fact is when Krejci missed a lot of time and Yeti had to step into more of a top 6 role for weeks at a time he definitely struggled to produce against the tougher matchups. It's not an insult to say so. The guy is definitely a top 10 3rd line C in the world, but that doesn't mean he's capable of being a 2nd line C on a lot of teams.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
You loved Yeti as a Bruin, now he suddenly is crap?

The entire Boston Bruins was under achieving.

I said he was an elite 3rd line center no one is saying he sucks

He is just not a good enough player to be a top 6 foward in this league

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Bruins fans - quick assessment on Soderberg? Seems more like a good #3 center who can fill in on a second line than a true #2 center to me but what are your thoughts?

He shows flashes of being better but doesnt seem to enjoy being physical enough... his slumping is noticably connected to less physical play.

Given his history where he stayed in sweden... and factoring in his eye injury...

Im thinking this is a guy with the raw talent to be pretty damn good but its more likely he will be inconsistent and probably not someone you want to count on at crunch time to fight through tough defense to get you the big goal

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
as long as the Avs know they're getting a guy who will be a matchup nightmare on line 3 and a really good 2nd unit PP guy then they'll be happy with him. But if they think he's a 2nd line C they will be mistaken.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Meanwhile when he was the 3rd line center he played at about 60 point pace

Also his production basically dropped in half when Loui wasn't on th ice

Sample size. Not that I doubt he is less effective vs better competition, everyone is. But wasn't he injured during the later half of the season as well?

He was a pretty effective modern day powerforward with the blend of speed and skill and size. Lacked one eye perhaps.

I don't think we'll miss him at all, but he was a nice luxury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad