Confirmed with Link: Soderbergs rights traded for 2016 6th to Colorado

johpers

Aug 20, 2003
Sverige
Visit site
It is absurd.

Almost a 5 million cap hit for the next half decade.

If this is any indication how free agency is going this year Lucic at 7 million will look like a bargain come July 5 or 6th.

It would be interesting to know how much Sweeney in the beginning offered Carl to stay in Boston. 2 million per year? Different teams look very different to how valuable a player really is.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
No but when he was asked to step up and become the number two center his production dropped. Project those number over a full season and he is under 10 goals and 35 points, is that a 5 million dollar player?

Looking at point production Soderberg was third on the entire team split with another decent player, Lucic. He was third among forwards in +/-, Lucic number 1.

Third in point production for a third line center, pretty good if you ask me. Blaming Soderberg for Bostons failures is nothing else than ridiculous, actually Söderberg was probably one of the very, very few players in Boston exceeding expectations?

No matter how you look at this it was two crazy deals made. Well, at least Colorado and the Kings feels good about it.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Looking at point production Soderberg was third on the entire team split with another decent player, Lucic. He was third among forwards in +/-, Lucic number 1.

Third in point production for a third line center, pretty good if you ask me. Blaming Soderberg for Bostons failures is nothing else than ridiculous, actually Söderberg was probably one of the very, very few players in Boston exceeding expectations?

No matter how you look at this it was two crazy deals made. Well, at least Colorado and the Kings feels good about it.

you guys are paying 4.75 million to a center who absolutely disappeared when the Bruins asked him to play a top 6 center role. I liked Soderberg as a third line center. he was a luxury. but he proved he wasn't worth the cap hit the avalanche are stuck paying him for the next five years. good luck with that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

If you don't think the Bruins feel good about the Lucic trade then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm a Lucic guy and that was the best trade the Bruins have made in YEARS

And we weren't resigning Soderberg. He was invisible for most of the season anyway. Bruins feel good about it too.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Looks like you didn't watch any Bruins games right?

And I'd say pretty much 100% of the fans are happy that Spooner starts as the #3C and we are very happy with the Lucic trade, it's looking pretty damm good.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

The majority of this board underrated Soderberg this season. I was always a big Yeti supporter, but clearly you have never seen him play. His production took a pretty steep decline when he was getting top 6 minutes in the absence of Krejci. He was out of place, and noticeably. He's an above average 3rd line center. Nothing more, nothing less. Not worth the price you gave him, IMO.

Don't agree with trading Lucic, but we got a hell of a return. Top D prospect, solid college prospect and two first round picks. That seems pretty good if you ask me.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012

If you're expecting soderberg to be a second line center in the western conference and succeed, good luck with that. If you've come to terms with the fact that soderberg is nothing more than a third line center, and you're happy paying him 4.75 million for five years, hope you have better luck with that.

Soderberg as 3C at $1m a year was one of my favorite players on the team. Soderberg as a 2C making $1m a year was one of my least favorite players on the team. Soderberg as an any line center making 4.75 million dollars for five seasons would be one of my least favorite players in the Western conference. That's pretty much what it comes down to.

Colorado is probably happy now, but let's see how they feel in January. I'm not sure how you figured the Kings were happy though, seems a lot of their fans didn't like what they had to give up for Lucic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad