Confirmed with Link: Soderbergs rights traded for 2016 6th to Colorado

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
That's the best we could do?

New GM; same hose job.

Man, we're screwed.

Best you can do for a guy wanting more then we can give without losing 3 younger players. Different GM who wasn't in charge at the deadline. Chia didn't want to sell too much because we were in a playoff position at the time.

Edit: Also right before free agency officially starts.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Bruins fans - quick assessment on Soderberg? Seems more like a good #3 center who can fill in on a second line than a true #2 center to me but what are your thoughts?

That's pretty fair, although I wouldn't count him out as a #2 with strong linemates. But certainly a great #3.

I liked Soderberg a lot when he was here. Disappointed to see him go but when a cheaper replacement pushed his way into the line up it was a no brainer, cap wise. I thought he was one of our better forwards first half of the season but struggled quite a bit in the second half to the point there was speculation of a wrist injury.

He'll be a good pick up for you guys as long as the contract is reasonable. You'll like him.

FoppaForsberg*

Hey Bruins fans. Quick question, someone mentioned that he's legally blind in one of his eyes..? Is this true? Kind of alarming if true...

Sec311Row6

May 30, 2008
Hey Bruins fans. Quick question, someone mentioned that he's legally blind in one of his eyes..? Is this true? Kind of alarming if true...

he has 10% sight in one of his eyes, can really only see shapes.... i wouldn't be alarmed.. his vision with the puck was one of his strengths in my opinion. very solid passer.

FireSweeney

Oct 23, 2010
Auburn, Maine
Chiarelli would have let it slide and keep saying that making trades in the NHL are hard. Kind of funny that just days after saying this the TMLs trade Clarkson (lol) for Horton. Good to get some sort of return for him. Soderberg was fun to watch in 13/14.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

New GM; same hose job.

Man, we're screwed.

With all the centers they have he is not signing there. Maybe if he plays wing he can find himself as a 2nd line player.

I saw somewhere that Duchene could be trade bait but still.

I was forgetting the O'Reilly business.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA

New GM; same hose job.

Man, we're screwed.

Ah yes, the classic "Blame the new GM for the fact that our old GM was too much of an idiot to trade him at the deadline while he still had a lot of value" post.

Dammit, Don, why didn't you trade him at the deadline? You should have made desperate, trying to save his own job, Peter sell.

:laugh:

It's truly amazing how oblivious some people can be.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Bruins fans - quick assessment on Soderberg? Seems more like a good #3 center who can fill in on a second line than a true #2 center to me but what are your thoughts?

Pretty spot on. Excelled against lesser competition, struggled when having to face upper echelon defenders. Good solid mid roster player.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Wonder if that's the same 6th round pick that went there with Caron earlier this year.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Best you can do for a guy wanting more then we can give without losing 3 younger players. Different GM who wasn't in charge at the deadline. Chia didn't want to sell too much because we were in a playoff position at the time.

Edit: Also right before free agency officially starts.

A-ha - right before free agency starts. I got a text from a friend telling me about Soderberg, and was confused - I thought he was mistaken and that we had done a "sign and flip" with Carl. I presume free agency starts on July 1 - now that I remember the whole Sequin drama, I imagine it does.

For Avs fans looking for the news on Soderberg, I thought he was great. He was a pleasant surprise at the end of the 12-13 season, and really shined when paired with Eriksson in 13-14. I kind of worry that Eriksson was Soderberg's emotional support turtle - he just didn't seem to have "it" when they were separated, either from Loui's headbanging injuries or the disastrous brief stint Eriksson had on the first line (although that was more on Loui than Carl.)

The trade makes sense from simply a numbers point of view - we need to shed cap ASAP, and we have plenty of people who can play center. I wonder if this sixth is going to be a part of that alleged trade for the third pick overall with the Coyotes. That said, I'll miss Soderberg. I like Carl. He played like Carl.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Huge trade for Colorado, congratulations, Yeti is a stronger and better version of Stastny.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Underrated two way talent. More of a #3, but can play up if need be. Has all the tools, not overly physical, but brings the right attitude off and on the ice. You got a good one there...

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Chiarelli would have let it slide and keep saying that making trades in the NHL are hard. Kind of funny that just days after saying this the TMLs trade Clarkson (lol) for Horton. Good to get some sort of return for him. Soderberg was fun to watch in 13/14.

I cant remember Peter losing many guys to free agency for nothing that he didn't really try to re-sign. He wanted Horton back bad so he doesn't fit this situation. Iginla was here only one year and Peter was hoping to get him back. I love Soderberg and the fact he was still here leads me to believe Peter would've tried to keep him here. I think Soderberg would've gave bruins a discount on what you will see him sign for now. Its really hard for me to make a real smart argument to keep him but I just have this gut feeling they should've.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Wooooh soda for 6th, now bruins are sure to make playoffs !
Better than nothing. Even if a 6th round is nothing...may be a 4th liner for providençe in 5 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad