Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is it an info or speculation?
Not surprised given his family tradition if it's the case.
Too bad, he'll be stuck on a bad NT throughout his career, but then again, his career choices have been weird to say the least so far.
Apparently it’s being marketed by Tunisia federation

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Is it an info or speculation?
Not surprised given his family tradition if it's the case.
Too bad, he'll be stuck on a bad NT throughout his career, but then again, his career choices have been weird to say the least so far.
I don't blame him.

Fekir also decided to play for France instead of Algeria. I am sure he is regretting that choice now.

I would like to see Tunisia become an African powerhouse like Morocco and Algeria.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's beyond stupid.
Fekir blew his knee with the NT.
Otherwise he'd still be starting. He lost his explosiveness.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel like there are some better teams out there to strive to become. Morocco has a good generation at the moment but it hasn't translated to too much success, qualifying for 2018 is really all they have to show for.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Any speculation on Kays Ruiz's next stop? He left PSG for free after refusing to sign a new contract. Played a handful of games for them, mostly as a sub, IIRC. Looked like a good passer with good technique, bit of a lightweight physically.

Staying in France? Joining Thiago Motta at Lille?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think Ruiz refused to sign. IIRC, PSG were not a fan.
I like his passing and IQ, but he's anti-dynamic. Guy was made for the 80s. And as you said, he's very frail.
Still a team could use him somehow. As a 10 who doesn't do anything else but pass.

Reactions: gary69

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I have no idea. Lille has 2 of the brightest goalie prospects in France. Lavallée and Chevalier (both Lucas) so I guess they're all-in on Chevalier.
giphy.gif

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Highly touted prospect Ben Seghir has refused to sign an extension with Nice and is signing with OM.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I’ve never seen him but apparently there is an Alvaro Recoba comp floating around.

So this looks like it is going through with LfC loaning him to Sporting CP to get a work permit

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well this should be interesting. We didn't send a particularly talented team, but Wirtz & Baku have dragged this veteran group along so far, why not one match further?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well damn. Portugal definitely had more star talents, but that was a fully deserved win for our boys. Wirtz was the best player on the pitch. Baku set up Nmecha's goal beautifully; while being a constant presence charging into the spaces opened up by Wirtz drifting inside. Adeyemi showed his immense potential after coming off the bench, creating a couple of great chances to ice the match with a 2nd goal. Maier almost opened the scoring with a rocket in the first half while defending well throughout. But I'd have a hard time calling anyone the man of the match other than Dorsch, who was just dominant against the ball at the 6 & completely neutralized Portugals attacks for large stretches of the match.

Not sure if anyone who started this match will be a factor for the NT outside of Wirtz & Baku, but those other kids really played a great tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig