Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just pinning this for myself cause I'll probably get bored & redo this in the spring.

Since we were talking about german kids, here's a slightly out of date list of kids that I've either seen enough to rate confidently or whom I've seen enough to be intrigued by & want to see more of.

Order is loosely based on a combination of potential & readiness, as this started off as a list of kids who might alleviate our NT's lack of depth in the near future, but don't take the specific order too seriously. The tiers are more useful; though even there some kids who are low on these lists are only low because I haven't seen enough of them, I want to wait to see how their transition goes, or I am more concerned with their environment than their talent.

Kids with *'s on both sides of their names are kids who I have big concerns with because they are stagnating or losing a lot of dev-time to injuries, but who are still young enough to capitalize on their high potential if they can get things going in the right direction.
- Mbom being a prime example this, as he has finally been healthy enough to break into Werder's senior team & is still young enough to become that Alaba-lite that he once looked like he could become.
- Kuhn being another example who's done his stock wonders since joining Bayern II in the third division after having seemed to stagnate since Leipzig couldn't integrate him into their senior side.

Forwards
Youssoufa Moukoko (’04)
————————
Karim Adeyemi (’02)
————————
Malik Tillman (’02)
Maximilian Beier (’02)
*Fiete Arp* (’00)
*Jabez Makanda* (’01)
————————
David Hummel (’02)
Jonathan Burkhardt (’00)
Lukas Nmecha (’98)
Emrehan Gedikli (’03)
Nick Woltemade (’02)
Sebastian Müller (’01)
David Otto (’99)
Jessic Ngankam (’00)
Florian Krüger (’99)

Attackers
Oliver Batista Meier (’01)
Leon Dajaku (’01)
Florian Wirtz (’03)
Lazar Samardzic (’02)
Mika Schroers (’02)
Luca Barata (’03)
Nicolas Kühn (’00)
Jan Thielmann (’02)
Fabrice Hartmann (’01)
Lilian Egloff (’02)
Roberto Massimo (’00)
Mehmet Can Aydin (’02)
Erkan Eyibil (’01)
Paul Nebel (’02)
————————
Ismail Jakobs (’99)
Armindo Sieb (’03)
Turan Calhanoglu (’03)
Jamie Leweling (’01)
John Yeboah (’00)

Didn't really know where to separate the tiers with these kids as even the likes of Massimo & Eyibil have the talent to become NT starters if they develop well. So I just couldn't separate one prospect from the next to create a top tier in this group.

Midfielders
Arne Maier (’99)
Dennis Geiger (’98)
Angelo Stiller (’01)
Rocco Reitz (’02)
Marveille Papela (’01)
Can Bozdogan (’01)
Torben Rhein (’03)
*Elias Abouchabaka* (’00)
*Jean Manuel Mbom* (’00)
————————
Tobias Raschl (’00)
Adrian Fein (’99)
Niklas Dorsch (’98)

There will be AM prospects who end up joining this group as Bozdogan & Abouchabaka have. Aydin being one that I feel is very likely to end up at the 6 or 8 (if not FB); while both Wirtz & Samardzic remind me a lot of a young Brandt...who nowadays is at his most dynamic in a midfield 3 as an 8/10 hybrid.

CB
Lars Lukas Mai (’00)
Antonis Aidonis* (’01)
Jordan Torunarigha (’97)
Arbnor Aliu (’03)
Nico Schlotterbeck (’00)
Jordi Bongard (’01)
Marton Dardai (’02)
Bright Arrey-Mbi (’03)
Armel Bella-Kotchap (’01)
Malik Talabidi (’01)

*Aidonis is likely to end up shifted around like Kehrer, a similarly sized highend CB prospect who’s skill & athleticism looked to translate well into a highend-utility role as a FB in a back 4 / outside CB in a back 3 / deep midfielder. And I worry about Aliu facing similar issues if he doesn't have another significant growth spurt in him.

FB/WB
Ridle Baku (’98)
Luca Netz (’03)
Kilian Ludewig (’00)
Kaan Kurt (’01)
*Jean Manuel Mbom* (’00)
Mehmet Can Aydin (’02)
Can Bozdogan (’01)
Kerim Calhanoglu (’02)
*Luca Itter* (’99)
Lennart Czyborra (’99)
Noah Katterbach (’01)
Ismail Jakobs (’99)
Jamie Leweling (’01)
Malik Talabidi (’01)
Ryan Adigo (’01)

I don't know how to assess goalie prospects but these are the guys who are already developing at the senior level and/or highly rated by others:
GK
Christian Früchtl (’00)
Alexander Nübel (’96)
Markus Schubert (’98)
Luca Plogmann (’00)
Luca Unbehaun (’01)
Florian Müller (’97)
Florian Kastenmeier (’97)
Lennart Moser (’99)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Has anyone seen/heard about Moises Caicedo? He’s a 19 year old Ecuadorean MF playing for Independiente del Valle. He’s played a few times for the senior national team lately.

Man United are apparently discussing a transfer with his club and would like to get him over to England in the January window. Sounds like Antonio Valencia put them on to him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Has anyone seen/heard about Moises Caicedo? He’s a 19 year old Ecuadorean MF playing for Independiente del Valle. He’s played a few times for the senior national team lately.

Man United are apparently discussing a transfer with his club and would like to get him over to England in the January window. Sounds like Antonio Valencia put them on to him.
Does he have an european passport? It has been crazy getting teenager from South America to England because the authories are always rejecting their work permit application.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Does he have an european passport? It has been crazy getting teenager from South America to England because the authories are always rejecting their work permit application.

Not sure tbh. It’s picking up steam now. We’ll see. I don’t know the reliable South American sources but it does appear to be going through.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cherki only played a few minutes yesterday.
He makes a difference every time he touches the ball.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Harvey Elliott with an assist today. It feels like he is on the scoresheet every week. Making a mockery of the Championship.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

He's been a standout for them against some big Brazilian sides. Independiente del Valle has had some success wth young players lately. Is not easy to judge their guys cause of the altitude. They look great at home but usually get smashed away from the thin air.

That said, he should probably join a Brazilian or Argentinian side before making the leap to a club like United.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Does anyone know anything about Celta Vigo youth CB Stefan Bajcetic Maquieira?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Zeballos turning heads in the recent matches he's played. Of the two u17 stars he's been more impressive than Palacios although he's been given a much greater chance. Not unlike the "older" Almada/ De la Vega.

Also liked what I saw of Avilla. All ones to watch.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Moukoko was the big story of german youth football over the first half of the season, but our youth NT forwards who are playing abroad this season seem to following in the footsteps of Kevin Volland & Luka Waldschmidt.

22yo Lukas Nmecha has picked up 10 goals in 17 appearances for Anderlecht. 22yo Mergim Berisha boasting 7 in 10 for Salzburg, but more impressively 4 goals & 2 assists in 6 CL matches...including goals in both Bayern matches and a pair of assists in their first match with Atleti. While his 18yo team-mate, Karim Adeyemi, got his first CL goal during the 50 minutes he logged in that competition and has carved out a spot as a dangerous joker off of Salzburg's bench.

Even JoJo (Johannes Eggestein) got his value increased by transfermarkt for the first time since early 2019, after having 12 goals & 3 assists in 16 appearances for an LASK that have been doing surprisingly well this season.

Not really sure what to make of Berisha, as he has consistently disappointed me on the various youth teams I have watched him play for. But if he has actually put it all together and keeps banging them in for fun, that would be a really interesting development.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hachim Mastour just scored his first pro goal of his career.
At age 22.
In Serie C.

Once deemed a future star.

Reactions: AB13

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund is signing CF Julian Rijkhoff from Ajax. He turned 16 a few days ago, and is thus allowed to move to Germany. He’s immediately been put into the U-19’s. Apparently he was very highly rated at Ajax, and they wanted to keep hold of him. Any info on this player @YNWA14 @Ajacied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->