Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

@Evilo this kid is the real deal

he also got a red card later. He was getting kicked and fouled all game, something that has been a problem at this level all season. He mocked giving the ref a card after nothing was called on another foul. Lol.

Better quality with replays:

Since they played yesterday, it rules out several players from playing today vs Leicester.

As someone said in the replies, maybe he saw James Garner's goal and took it personally:

I hope Garner gets some muscle on that frame during the summer and gets in the squad. Probably will spend another season, or at least half, on loan.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

@Evilo this kid is the real deal

he also got a red card later. He was getting kicked and fouled all game, something that has been a problem at this level all season. He mocked giving the ref a card after nothing was called on another foul. Lol.

Yeah he has a temper.
But awfully talented. I drafted him two years ago in my keeper league before he was even in Football Manager.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rayan Cherki is playing 5 minutes per game with Genius Garcia and he still just achieved the following : youngest player in more than 15 years to be decisive in 3 straight games.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Rayan Cherki is playing 5 minutes per game with Genius Garcia and he still just achieved the following : youngest player in more than 15 years to be decisive in 3 straight games.
How do you define decisive? Genuinely asking. I’ve never heard that be used as a stat.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bouba Kamara with a huge slap to the face. Was rumored to be considered for the senior NT only to be ignored on the U21 selection.
If Ripoll sees him as DM, there's in fact no space for him. Camavinga, Caqueret, Soumare, Fofana and Tchouameni are worthy selections.
If Ripoll sees him as CB, it's tighter but with Upamecano and Fofana he wouldn't start anyway.

Guendouzi is injured (otherwise he's the captain).
Ikone or Diaby will go to the bench. Edouard is the best scorer in french U21 history. Gouiri is an obvious starter.
Kalulu and Dagba will fight for the RB spot and Maouassa and Truffert will fight for the LB spot.

I have on idea how they're going to fit everyone in midfield. 3 guys out of Aouar, Camavinga, Caqueret, Fofana, Soumare and Tchouameni? Yuck.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
So many of those players should be with the senior side. Zero excuse for Sissoko over any of those midfielders, and little excuse for Zouma and Lenglet over Upa or Fofana

Reactions: luiginb

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So many of those players should be with the senior side. Zero excuse for Sissoko over any of those midfielders, and little excuse for Zouma and Lenglet over Upa or Fofana
I agree unless the plan for those 3 guys is basically bench depth. I understand the higher ups wanting to win all competitions.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The reasonning (I think) is that Sissoko and Zouma won't see the pitch much anyway. Might as well give those guys some starting time with the U21.
But yeah, as I said, if you select only the best players, the NT would be much more loaded. Don't forget Ndombele, Lacazette and others who could be with the NT without depleting the U21 and who are better than Sissoko or Thuram.

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Bouba Kamara with a huge slap to the face. Was rumored to be considered for the senior NT only to be ignored on the U21 selection.
If Ripoll sees him as DM, there's in fact no space for him. Camavinga, Caqueret, Soumare, Fofana and Tchouameni are worthy selections.
If Ripoll sees him as CB, it's tighter but with Upamecano and Fofana he wouldn't start anyway.

Guendouzi is injured (otherwise he's the captain).
Ikone or Diaby will go to the bench. Edouard is the best scorer in french U21 history. Gouiri is an obvious starter.
Kalulu and Dagba will fight for the RB spot and Maouassa and Truffert will fight for the LB spot.

I have on idea how they're going to fit everyone in midfield. 3 guys out of Aouar, Camavinga, Caqueret, Fofana, Soumare and Tchouameni? Yuck.
Any reason Saliba wasn't selected? Haven't followed him closely this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So did Saliba, to be fair. If it's just a performance thing, fine, I just was curious if there was anything else to it.
I'm not sure if Ripoll has him tagged because of the famous tape in the lockeroom.
Badiashile has been a fixture of Ligue 1's best D.
Upamecano is above him on the depth chart.
Fofana was lights out.
Konate is the one that could be seen as worse than Saliba (I sure do).
Todibo is also a good name.
But those two played few games this year after basically starting their season in January.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm not sure if Ripoll has him tagged because of the famous tape in the lockeroom.
Badiashile has been a fixture of Ligue 1's best D.
Upamecano is above him on the depth chart.
Fofana was lights out.
Konate is the one that could be seen as worse than Saliba (I sure do).
Todibo is also a good name.
But those two played few games this year after basically starting their season in January.
That makes sense and there wasn’t a name there that immediately jumped out as for sure behind Saliba, I was just curious.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kolo Muani will play the playoffs with Nantes and thus won't join the U21 team. Kalimuenso will replace him.
Fofana is injured and questionnable. If he doesn't go (big blow), Disasi will replace him (partnership with Badiashile I'm guessing).
Still we have Saliba and Todibo better than every CB on that team except Fofana (and that's debatable).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Is it an info or speculation?
Not surprised given his family tradition if it's the case.
Too bad, he'll be stuck on a bad NT throughout his career, but then again, his career choices have been weird to say the least so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad