Confirmed with Link: Simon Despres signs PTO with Laval (12-2)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The american league is where he should be right now. He'd be smart to take the offer, I can't see any team willing to give him a 1 way deal at this point. At least he'll get to play in his hometown in Laval.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
There is no way he should be on the big club
I have no problem with him going to Laval, would be surprised to be honest if another team came calling with a 1 way deal for him

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
There is no way he should be on the big club
I have no problem with him going to Laval, would be surprised to be honest if another team came calling with a 1 way deal for him

He got an offer from Switzerland, he would make more $$$ playing there.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Contract aside who is better? Benn or Alzner

I prefer Benn myself, mostly due to his very mediocre puck skills. I'm probably in the minority.
A minimum of puck skills are necessary to play in this league. Benn has them. Alzner doesn't anymore.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I prefer Benn myself, mostly due to his very mediocre puck skills. I'm probably in the minority.
A minimum of puck skills are necessary to play in this league. Benn has them. Alzner doesn't anymore.
Benn turns the puck over a lot though, at least Alzner never tries anything more complicated than a chip in, which limits the potential for mistakes.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
The american league is where he should be right now. He'd be smart to take the offer, I can't see any team willing to give him a 1 way deal at this point. At least he'll get to play in his hometown in Laval.

Clearly no team is going to offer him a 1 way contract. Maybe he can find a 2-way deal somewhere that would be better than a 1 way ahl contract. Not sure but i think that if he sign a 1 way AHL, he can't be called up . Anyway best of luck to him.

Jul 6, 2016

Després also has an offer from a team in Switzerland. He and his agents are mulling over the offers.

Good for him. He has some options. I guess he would want more than the AHL minimum salary which is around 70,000 US$

That also means that Benn stays for a while.......

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Clearly no team is going to offer him a 1 way contract. Maybe he can find a 2-way deal somewhere that would be better than a 1 way ahl contract. Not sure but i think that if he sign a 1 way AHL, he can't be called up . Anyway best of luck to him.

A player with an AHL contract can't be called up, but he could sign an NHL contract (if we have room under the 50 contract limit) and THEN go on the active roster. He will need waivers if he ever goes down again.

Reactions: Fixxer

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
With the trading of Taormina and Valiev, I expect Despres to sign soon.
Yeah there was a logjam in Laval if Despres were to sign there.

I wish they had given Valiev a longer look, Taormina is purely AHL luxury.

Interesting that the guy they got back for Valiev & Taormina...Brett Kulak, played 71 games for the Flames last year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
JC Lajoie mentionint Despres still needs to clean up his entourage. Dunno if it was referring to substance abuse or bad advice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad