Confirmed with Link: Simon Despres signs PTO with Laval (12-2)

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He will probably replace Rielly in a week after we waiver him. Another bad apple gone...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Preparation for the Spangler Cup and the DG is Sean Burke so ..

I understand the connection but if Desprès isn't benefiting the Rocket, then he's going to take PT away from other players who are actually Rocket property.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It's a preparation for the Spangler Cup and Sean Burke is the DG. Burke is part of the Habs organization

lol....rightttt...he's just goona knock the rust off and try to get ready for Europe....hmmmm..lol

if he looks too good in Laval the Habs will sign him ...and forget Europe....I think we are fishing again.....lol...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
AHL PTO ? I guess who cares. But it is noteworthy how far the team has gone out of it's way for this guy.

He was given a shot at camp, swell. He should have been an early cut as his play was awful, yet he was one of the last cuts, completely unmerited.

Then he is actually offered an AHL contract and did not see how he earned that at all.

Now this. Dont get it , but whatever, I guess, unless it costs a young guy of ours playing time.

Jul 6, 2016
He's being given a PTO just to get back in game shape and participate in the Spengler Cup at the end of 2018. he is living in Laval anyway.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
lol....rightttt...he's just goona knock the rust off and try to get ready for Europe....hmmmm..lol

if he looks too good in Laval the Habs will sign him ...and forget Europe....I think we are fishing again.....lol...
Probably goes both ways. If he is so-so, he goes to Spengler cup and the Habs organisation got to see him in the AHL.
If he makes a better impression than in pre-season with the Habs, process the game back at the AHL level, he might stay and it's great for him and the Rocket.
I believe he is still in great shape, the best of his life as he stated. It's the timing/execution which is wrong. How much did concussions impact him?!? Some players from the KHL play in the NHL and don't succeed. Settle for AHL or go back overseas. Després was average in the KHL so it's hard to tell how good he can get back here. He said he learned to play better, including as a 5-man unit, but ... I didn't see that. On a sidenote, when the year started, i was unaware how much speed was a new habs thing, and him coming back from Europe was a bit of a tough thing to get used to I guess..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->