Confirmed with Link: Simon Despres signs PTO with Laval (12-2)

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
What's happening with Despres?
Laval or Switzerland. I guess he's still looking at all of that.
I wonder if the Swiss National League (Swiss-A) season is started.. ? just looked, 6 games played so far for most teams.
Després, the clock is ticking. He might be in the process of negotiating a contract with Laval or whatever team elsewhere.

Reactions: DAChampion

Jul 6, 2016
Laval or Switzerland. I guess he's still looking at all of that.
I wonder if the Swiss National League (Swiss-A) season is started.. ? just looked, 6 games played so far for most teams.
Després, the clock is ticking. He might be in the process of negotiating a contract with Laval or whatever team elsewhere.

He won't play in Laval for minimum AHL salary ($70,000), for sure. Taormina is making few 100's thousands of dollars to play at that level.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
A while back he went in the medias saying he wanted to play for Laval. I guess he was looking more of a 2way contract with the Canadiens than a 1 year deal in the AHL, but still odd. Especially he stayed unti the very end of the camp, so the organization obviously see something in him. If if was him, I'd try my chance 1 year in Laval. If not, opportunity to play in Switzerland or KHL will come again.

Reactions: Fixxer

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

I did not see anything that warranted him staying for as long as he did and quite frankly, wonder if it was just MB scoring some media points trying to give the local kid a break.

Anyway, glad he refused the offer but hope things go better for him.

Chris Chelios

Feb 11, 2006
Sad but to be honest I think hes done in the NHL ... almost every teams have similar players/project and no one will waste an NHL contract on him.

He should go in europe now

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Sad but to be honest I think hes done in the NHL ... almost every teams have similar players/project and no one will waste an NHL contract on him.

He should go in europe now

Which is not a bad thing. Get paid some bucks for playing hockey and see Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad