Confirmed with Link: Simon Despres signs PTO with Laval (12-2)

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
JC Lajoie mentionint Despres still needs to clean up his entourage. Dunno if it was referring to substance abuse or bad advice.

And people wonder why Quebec born , are not exactly jumping to play here. Garbage reporting.

Say what you want about ol purple pants, but he has a very short leash when it comes to the off ice stuff, especially with new players around the team. If a shred of that was true he would have been released a long time ago.

Jul 6, 2016
And people wonder why Quebec born , are not exactly jumping to play here. Garbage reporting.

Say what you want about ol purple pants, but he has a very short leash when it comes to the off ice stuff, especially with new players around the team. If a shred of that was true he would have been released a long time ago.

Després said it himself that he was partying and drinking too much before his injuries.

Reactions: PhysicX

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
JC Lajoie mentionint Despres still needs to clean up his entourage. Dunno if it was referring to substance abuse or bad advice.

I hate that type of innuendo as it can be nothing or can mean the worst. JC Lavoie is a master at blending fact and fiction.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dunno if its true or not. JC also referred to Despres as having "Shea Theodore potential" which had me fall off my chair.

He's not alone in exaggerating Després's evaluation. Matthias Brunet who is usually level-headed, says he prefers Després to Ouellet. WTH.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ahhh, here comes the TMZ crap from franco media...

I wouldn't put all of them in the same boat. There is a difference to be made between certain mainstream franco media outlets who practice ethical journalism vs. a large number of online bloggers who make up stuff. JC Lajoie is between the two -- for every nugget of reliable info he provides, he'll also make a fool of himself by spreading unfounded rumors.

Reactions: BLONG7

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
With the trading of Taormina and Valiev, I expect Despres to sign soon.

Probably the main driver behind that trade. Apparently there was already a deal in place for Despres, just had to make room for him so that's why he was still pyloning it up at the camp. Now that the room is there, I fully expect him to be assigned to Laval in the upcoming days.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wouldn't put all of them in the same boat. There is a difference to be made between certain mainstream franco media outlets who practice ethical journalism vs. a large number of online bloggers who make up stuff. JC Lajoie is between the two -- for every nugget of reliable info he provides, he'll also make a fool of himself by spreading unfounded rumors.
True, but wow, these guys or most of them, seem more interested in gossip, etc than hockey. I know it's to sell papers, etc but 99% of the time it has no merit. They play a large part in players not wanting to sign in Montreal.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I'd rather know what's what than not hear anything about what's really going on. What JC said is that Després' entourage needs to be cleaned out, and my humble guess is its pointed towards his advisors. He probably is being told not to accept an AHL deal.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
True, but wow, these guys or most of them, seem more interested in gossip, etc than hockey. I know it's to sell papers, etc but 99% of the time it has no merit. They play a large part in players not wanting to sign in Montreal.

Why would Lajoie want to sell papers (hint he does not work for any newspaper or TV station)? Have you ever even listened to him before making comments on his type of journalism/commentary? He's not better nor worse than Marinaro. Why then are you only blaming the franco?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Why would Lajoie want to sell papers (hint he does not work for any newspaper or TV station)? Have you ever even listened to him before making comments on his type of journalism/commentary? He's not better nor worse than Marinaro. Why then are you only blaming the franco?
Because it is usually the franco media that makes trash up............usually. It seems the franco media love sensationalizing everything around the team.............it is what it is guys...darkest day in Habs history etc

No need to get all riled up, it is what it is...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Because it is usually the franco media that makes trash up............usually. It seems the franco media love sensationalizing everything around the team.............it is what it is guys...darkest day in Habs history etc

There's also much more French media than English media directly covering the team, which might explain why there's more Franco media making that stuff up.

Reactions: HabsDood

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I get riled up when people complain on something they don't even dare to consult/listen to begin with. Listen to gros Jicé, then complain. But from what I gather, you shoot first before inquiring. Lots of things get "lost in translation" like that when somebody reports what was said in the franco medias. As I said, in my humble opinion, Lajoie is no better nor worse than Marinaro.

Reactions: McTusk

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Sign him to an AHL contract and then an NHL one if you need to call him up. You don't waste a contract out of the 50, you won't lose him on waivers and you retain him in the system if you need him.

Reactions: Victorius

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I get riled up when people complain on something they don't even dare to consult/listen to begin with. Listen to gros Jicé, then complain. But from what I gather, you shoot first before inquiring. Lots of things get "lost in translation" like that when somebody reports what was said in the franco medias. As I said, in my humble opinion, Lajoie is no better nor worse than Marinaro.

He's also much better than Todd.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He's also much better than Todd.

Of course, and even Todd, every now and then, makes a good point. Lajoie is very à-propos 90% of the time. Of course, sometimes he goes out on a limb to make a show and exaggerates, but he's a lot of fun to listen to and has an interesting opinion. The fact that his radio is not a rights holder for the Habs gives him a lot of leeway to say what's what.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Sign him to an AHL contract and then an NHL one if you need to call him up. You don't waste a contract out of the 50, you won't lose him on waivers and you retain him in the system if you need him.
There's still his option to go to Switzerland though, where he got an offer. He always said he would go to Laval... BUT considering he'd get a 2-way contract I guess. Tough situation for Després.

Reactions: HabsDood

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Let him play in Laval, his hometown. He’s frankly probably 9th or 10th on the Habs depth chart if he were to sign, not really worth using a contract on someone of his age and ability at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad