Confirmed with Link: Simon Despres signs PTO with Laval (12-2)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ward had a better camp as a PTO, yet depres is the only one who still has a chance to earn a contract.

It MIGHT have occured to you that they aren't playing the same position.
I mean... I use MIGHT because I'm really not certain.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Back on topic.... He's awful. He's done. What made him a a very good bottom pairing D at a rather young age with the potential to end up a 2nd pairing guy is gone, and, frankly, he's barely deserving of a 2-way contract. I'll laugh really hard if this guys gets a 1-way deal.

...And it's sad, in way, because he'd have been a nice redemption story. I guess there's a point in keeping him in Laval, because, I suppose, he could regain what he lost, but... It's not something I'd expect at this point.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Back on topic.... He's awful. He's done. What made him a a very good bottom pairing D at a rather young age with the potential to end up a 2nd pairing guy is gone, and, frankly, he's barely deserving of a 2-way contract. I'll laugh really hard if this guys gets a 1-way deal.

Why? I tought you wanted MTL to tank this season anyway?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Why? I tought you wanted MTL to tank this season anyway?

Notice I'm not saying that we shouldn't sign him. I'm saying that he shouldn't be signed (by any team) to a 1-way deal.

... I mean, I'd be much better for the tank than Després. Doesn't mean I reached to Bergevin so I can get a tryout.

Jul 6, 2016

...And it's sad, in way, because he'd have been a nice redemption story. I guess there's a point in keeping him in Laval, because, I suppose, he could regain what he lost, but... It's not something I'd expect at this point.

Després deserves a chance at AHL level. Let's wait a bit before making a final judgment. The guy was becoming a very good shutdown d-man before his concussion (s).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It MIGHT have occured to you that they aren't playing the same position.
I mean... I use MIGHT because I'm really not certain.

Thank you for enlightening me. All this time I thought ward was a dman!

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I could describe things 2 ways.
In my heart, I want Després to succeed in Montreal (All that he's been through since his time in Anaheim with concussion issues).
With my head (and my eyes), I see him being released or signing in Laval as it seems he was okay with back in June, a LaPresse article (French) mentions it.

edit : Injury to Schlemko might mix things up...

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
In my heart, I want Després to succeed in Montreal (All that he's been through since his time in Anaheim with concussion issues).
With my head (and my eyes), I see him being released or signing in Laval as it seems he was okay with back in June, a LaPresse article (French) mentions it
The Head Wants What It Wants

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
With my head (and my eyes), I see him being released or signing in Laval as it seems he was okay with back in June, a LaPresse article (French) mentions it.

edit : Injury to Schlemko might mix things up...
I think Ouellet is more suited for what we need, especially with Benn and Alzner back there.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Even if he shows something , he’s gonna be 9-10th in our Depth chart + you don’t want some one who is working 1game out of 4 and being awful in the other 3. Not even « ok », but straight up getting shit on by AHLs rosters.

Unless you want him to be your magic tanking weapon.

Yea let’s sign him.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
So you want us to do good but also finish last?

You know Kriss, like I mentionned somewhere else, finishing last with 70 pts or finishing last with 30 pts, I will take the 70 pts. So someone has to play good from time to time to give us 20 wins or so ;)

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Després had much more time to think and react in the KHL.
He said that over there, he learned to play (in french they say "Jouer en unité de 5") all 5 guys together, as a team, collectively. So, using his linemates better I guess.
Anyway, don't want to trash the guy, but every time he had the puck, that I saw, he made tentative plays.
Still, I remember one time he went in the offensive zone, and his teammates had not seen him but the opposing team neither. He had gotten there, at a quiet spot, waiting for a pass that never came.
He said in his first interview, that he was in the best shape of his life etc.. but it doesn't show on the ice.
He's been slow, might be slow on skates, but slow to react too.
I guess some AHL seasoning to get back to his reflexes on a small rink and... remember he was close to retiring officially..
I mean that the Anaheim Ducks Gm, Bob Murray I believe, wasn't even referring as if Després would play hockey again....

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I mean that the Anaheim Ducks Gm, Bob Murray I believe, wasn't even referring as if Després would play hockey again....
sad that it doesn't look like he'll be in the nhl,,,,,,,,,,,happy that he wont be leaving in a wheel chair, drooling all over himself, and he did get to live the dream even if it was only a short time.

Reactions: Fixxer

Jul 6, 2016
So, it is between him and Benn for the #7 d-man spot for the time being ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad