Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Rest Sway for Game 7.

It won't matter cuz if the Leafs get even marginal NHL goaltending, they cruise to victory.

Silver platter. Golden opportunity. At home.

More I think about it, one of these teams will score an own goal in OT in Game 7.
I like the idea...rest Swayman for game 7 ........Because this is where this is heading I'm afraid.

Reactions: Gordoff

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Honestly i saw those games more as Toronto playing like shit down the stretch. Sadly, Toronto wasn’t all that great tonight either. Boston just that much worse

Well, the question I was answering was on how could one see them winning this series. My answer is because they've already proven they can win three out of the required four games.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Game was very reminiscent of the last two games of the regular season,but really none of the games have been like playoff games to me.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Gotta bury your chances . We had lots. Here we are. This isnt because brazzeau or grez was in the lineup. If jake or Coyle popped those slam dunk chances we all would say how brilliant monty is. The score was 2 to 1 in overtime.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
Toronto has a weak defense. Wouldn’t you want speed at forward? At least create some forecheck and create some chaos in their end? Even if Lauko has stone hands which I won’t argue, at least he brings effort, speed, and physical play. And Beecher can win face offs and can cause havoc with speed on the forecheck. Someone tell me what brazeau and maroon on the same line helps? And JVR on another line w Frederic. How slow can you possibly get up front? I just don’t understand…

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Never ever have I been so angry at a performance .....I really wanted this and so should the Bruins with every ounce of their being ....but...we almost won with a piss poor game...silver lining....but I fear giving the opposition hope may be another big fumble on the 1 yard line....this is a war ... the Leafs were doing no hope type Custards last stand and so were their fans..they live to see daylight and now they are reinvigorated ...bad juju ...but we better come out with guns blazing in game 6 ...do not let it get to game 7 ...repeat...do not let it get to game 7

Edited to say...Monty...really? Why? Stick with the winning damn lineup you idiot

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It’s embarrassing that they keep saying this every year.

Instead of just coming out hard in game 5 and giving themselves a 90% chance to win the series, it’s almost like they enjoy messing around so that they get to play in a game 7.
It’s cliche crap. Leafs didn’t play with desperation at all. They played like the inevitable was going to happen and the Bruins said “nah, don’t feel like it tonight”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad